Arena Opponents

Wondering: has there been some change to the way arena opponents are selected?  I've been seeing this much more often than in the past:

HHScreenShot.thumb.jpg.cd19a8e7259d68b089e4ede9b829aee3.jpg

Not even that unusual, now, for me not to complete the daily quest in time.  Maybe I'm just at a weird point in my leveling up, where the opponents I'm being assigned to are just that much stronger than me for some reason?

• Like 1

I am first going to say that for your level you are rather weak. You might want to do something about that. Now I will answer the question; nothing changed. You probably just moved into a range with stronger opponents. The range is +-15 levels and +-1000 all-time mojo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

I am first going to say that for your level you are rather weak. You might want to do something about that.

OP is not in a club, that's probably the only thing he could meaningfully address. Beyond that I don't believe those stats are far off of what's possible.at level 391 unboosted.

• Like 1

Just now, _shal_ said:

OP is not in a club, that's probably the only thing he could meaningfully address. Beyond that I don't believe those stats are far off of what's possible.at level 391 unboosted.

Yeah, so he should address that. Pretty sure he could've won two of the matchups otherwise.

• Like 1

@EdMuse Here's a random pick for you to compare with but I'm in Chthugha's club and his club has everything maximized... I can safely say that being a club member to his club has made a big difference for me compared to playing without club or when I was in a different club that didn't have any active members except me and not everything maximized.

FYI, I'm the lowest level and I have the least amount of girls in my harem compared to all other club members, the gap between myself and the next one up is pretty big.

I don't have any boosters active when I did the Daily Quest, if I did have boosters active I would have won from all opponents with ease.

image.thumb.png.60ce584e378249d055d014bcfa7c9838.png

image.thumb.png.586ad059c120b09bd7f48371a46e71a9.png

Thanks for all of the advice!  I've never really looked into the idea of being in a club, as the idea of playing games socially has never really been my thing.  Not that I'm opposed to it or anything, but rather that I just play game as a way of having private time to myself.  Now, if being in a club will give me that kind of boost, I'll have to look into it.  Unfortunately, that also means I don't really know where to start, or what to think about.  Advice would be appreciated.

The range idea that Chthugha mentioned was what I was really wondering about, as I used to have no problem besting opponents with egos 20k-25k above mine.  And in fact, that's what I'd usually get, so I won pretty much all the time.  Given the numbers you mentioned, I figure as I creep up in ego, I'll eventually "grow out of" this problem.

48 minutes ago, ali-n said:

Somewhat related: being in a club doesn't have to be social at all. I have never interacted with any members of the one I joined.

Thanks for that.  Is there a tutorial, somewhere, or something of the like?  I sent a request to a club marked "Restricted" that had one opening for a member, but haven't gotten a response.  I'm hoping to gain some better understanding of how to find a club that's appropriate for me, and that I would be appropriate to.  But all I've found is some very basic information on what clubs are, and a bunch of recruiting messages that I don't really understand.

On 3/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, EdMuse said:

Thanks for that.  Is there a tutorial, somewhere, or something of the like?  I sent a request to a club marked "Restricted" that had one opening for a member, but haven't gotten a response.  I'm hoping to gain some better understanding of how to find a club that's appropriate for me, and that I would be appropriate to.  But all I've found is some very basic information on what clubs are, and a bunch of recruiting messages that I don't really understand.

No tutorials that I have found... but I didn't look very hard. By "recruiting messages", do you mean the threads here in this forum? I purposely avoided any of those groups, given the exchanges I read in the comments. As with you, I applied to one without any response, so I just moved on and applied to another (I think it was the third one that finally accepted me). I looked at the ones who were accepting near my level at that time ("Minimum level accepted"), that also had the "money" and "know-how" stats ranked at least 10 (since my skill is "know-how").

It was disappointing to see after I joined that the club I ended up in seemed more interested in ranking up "charm" rather than "know-how"... but it all is working out, especially after finding out that there is a cap on how high the stats could go (another disappointment). I make a point of contributing the minimum (60 koban) every day to the stats that make sense to me -- currently those are "know-how" (for obvious reasons) and "experience", and I randomly contribute every once in a while to whatever stat it appears the groups seems to be focused on.

p.s. -- the fact that the group chat has never worked for me also helps me remain anti-social. ;) 

• Like 1

See, even the stuff you said I don't really get: contributing kobans to stats?  But yeah, I meant recruiting threads here on the forum.

And I totally get the "anti-social" aspect.  To me it's less about not wanting to chat and more about the fact that I prefer to game independently, rather than having to depend on other players or have them depend on me.  I mean, I would certainly do my part in a club -- whatever that entails -- but it's not why I play.  Actually, I'm not generally even drawn to games that have a PvP aspect to them.  But in this game, even that's cool, since the losing player in any PvP situation doesn't really lose much, if anything at all.  We compete for our place in the leagues, but that's about it.  So I'm kinda bummed to find that I'm weakened by not engaging in the social aspect of the game.

Okay, I found this: http://hentaiheroes.wikidot.com/clubs which appears to be very very dated... things appear to have changed quite a bit since this was written.

What they call bonuses is what I call stats. Also from the above it would appear that you could use Ymen as well as koban to increase the stats, but since the time I've been participating it has always only been koban, donated in increments of 60, 300, or 600.

Here's a quick (and likely flawed and incomplete) dump of what I know:

Clubs have eight bonuses/stats to which you can contribute -- "members", "hardcore", "charm", "know-how", "endurance", "harmony", "experience", and "money".
Members determines how many people can be in the club.
Hardcore/charm/know-how should be self explanatory, increasing the strength of each of those skills.
Endurance/harmony/experience give you bonuses for those particular things (e.g., a higher endurance and/or harmony, or more experience awarded after you complete a battle).
Money, as one might expect, will give you more Ymen for awards, harem income, daily missions, etc..
When your contributions reach the indicated amount (seems to be between 2000 and 3000 koban), that particular stat will increase by the indicated amount -- except for members, seems to always be in 1/2 percent (0.5%) increments. You can keep increasing up to a certain max (which appears to be 20%). As for members, the most I've seen in a club is 40, so I assume that is the max for that bonus.

I don't know if this is still possible, but the above wiki says you can create your own club for the price of 600 koban. This would give you the solitude you crave, but would also mean you would also then be the sole contributor to increasing any stat... which would then obviously take a painfully long time to have any useful impact. 

Hopefully a gurus like Chthugha or _shal_ will chime in to correct my errors and/or point you to where more/better info is available.

Edited by ali-n
formatting

21 minutes ago, ali-n said:

Okay, I found this: http://hentaiheroes.wikidot.com/clubs which appears to be very very dated... things appear to have changed quite a bit since this was written.

No features have changed with clubs since they added in these stats. I can't read French, so am reliant upon google translate, but no info there seems as obviously wrong as you seem to be implying.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No features have changed with clubs since they added in these stats. I can't read French, so am reliant upon google translate, but no info there seems as obviously wrong as you seem to be implying.

Well, the contribution items (Ymen vs koban) and the increments were very different so I wasn't too sure. Thanks for looking into it.
I see the last edit was 27 Sep 2019, so it also is not as dated as I thought.

[another Guru chimed in! :) Oh, and look, has become a moderator! Congrats!] 

Edited by ali-n
added date info

Thanks for all of this!  Here's a strange thing: I read French fairly well, and at least the first section of that page is word-for-word something I've read in English in the past couple of days.  But I can't for the life of me figure out where I read it!

10 minutes ago, ali-n said:

Well, the contribution items (Ymen vs koban) and the increments were very different so I wasn't too sure. Thanks for looking into it.
I see the last edit was 27 Sep 2019, so it also is not as dated as I thought.

[another Guru chimed in! :) Oh, and look, has become a moderator! Congrats!]

The contribution items are not different. Ranks 1 to 10 are ymens, ranks 11 to 20 are kobans. I can see that in both English and French

To improve the rank of a bonus, the player must give a certain amount via Ymens of rank 0 to 10 and kobans of rank 11 to 20.

Pour améliorer le rang d'un bonus, le joueur doit donner une certaine somme via des Ymens du rang 0 à 10 et des kobans du rang 11 à 20.

The increments are about the amounts you can contribute at one time, not how much it costs to increase a rank from scratch.

• Thanks 1

Well, I did warn that I was probably very wrong. ;) 

So, to be clear, 'rank' here refers to the level of the stat? I.e., to increase the stats one starts out with contributions of Ymen but switch to koban after it passes 10(%)? I guess I lucked out/missed out on all that by joining a well established group.