No Contests

Bomba

Currently I have no Contests at all. iirc the last time something like this happened there were at least a timer for when contests will be available again. But now it's just "coming soon" like it's a feature that's about to be introduced.

I believe it will be fixed at the start of next day and it happened due to the messed up server time, but it's still an issue worth reporting.

Screenshot:

HHbug78.jpg

• Thanks 1

It's a server wide issue, any comments of "same here" that don't add anything to the thread will be removed.

22 minutes ago, Hastur said:

Same here.  The prior contest finished AT LEAST 15 minutes early for me as well, affecting my ranking & potentially costing me 180 kobans....

As far as I'm aware, it finished exactly at the time its countdown indicated, which was exactly 1 hour before new missions were generated.

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

It's a server wide issue, any comments of "same here" that don't add anything to the thread will be removed.

Duly noted.

12 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

As far as I'm aware, it finished exactly at the time its countdown indicated, which was exactly 1 hour before new missions were generated.

Contests & missions have always started at the exact same time for me; both run 24hrs.  The contest countdown had ~1h 15m remaining when I walked away from the game for an hour.  When I returned (having been logged in the whole time), the prior contest had ended but there were still 15 minutes left on the missions.  15 minutes later, new missions started as normal but still no contests.  I thought that might be relevant to report.

I'm relatively new so didn't realize that contests & missions are (apparently) on separate servers operating under different timezone functions, even after reading other posts.

Over here, IIRC, the timer/countdown was an hour shorter than usual, meaning, that at midnight it said there were 3h left to 4am, which would be "right" since there was a 1h time advance over here yesterday at 1am.

I wasn't around though since the reset occurs at european (usual) sleeping time.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hastur said:

The contest countdown had ~1h 15m remaining when I walked away from the game for an hour.  When I returned (having been logged in the whole time), the prior contest had ended but there were still 15 minutes left on the missions. 

As Karyia's comment indicates, this wasn't what was reported to me by others. Did you open the contest screen to check it, or did you rely upon the counter on the town screen?

13 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

As Karyia's comment indicates, this wasn't what was reported to me by others. Did you open the contest screen to check it, or did you rely upon the counter on the town screen?

That's significant.  It's entirely possible that I was relying upon the counter on the town screen & not paying attention to the actual contest screen itself.  Both types of "Activities" were always synced for me in the past, so I mostly relied upon the town screen counter (+/- a minute or less- I understand some amount of server lag) because I never had reason before to think they were distinct.  Since I can't remember more details, I'll presume that was the case here & that the contest counter was correct.  Now I know- reading helps!

Thanks all.  👍

4 minutes ago, digitaldeviant said:

I've also got this problem too. Time switch was awhile ago, and only the US does it.

This is incorrect. Europe switched literally today, and Kinkoid are a European company. MANY countries other than the US use DST and follow their own schedule.

• Like 1

So, I woke up as usual. The timer in the town stated that it was 20 minutes left for the contest. But I had a "present" picture, displayed next to the "activities" button. When I entered the "Activities" page, the contest has already been over. Finished 10th - no kobans. If only I knew. LUL Today we have no contest.

Pure robbery, that's what it is. 

7 minutes ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

So, I woke up as usual. The timer in the town stated that it was 20 minutes left for the contest. But I had a "present" picture, displayed next to the "activities" button. When I entered the "Activities" page, the contest has already been over. Finished 10th - no kobans. If only I knew. LUL Today we have no contest.

Pure robbery, that's what it is. 

As stated above, the timer displayed the correct countdown. The timer in down is not an indicator for contests to finish, it indicates new missions. This is why it only appears after you have completed all your daily missions. You assumed they'd be finishing at the same time, normally a safe assumption, but that was not the case here. Not robbery, you made an assumption and got punished for it.

hace 8 horas, Bomba dijo:

Currently I have no Contests at all. iirc the last time something like this happened there were at least a timer for when contests will be available again. But now it's just "coming soon" like it's a feature that's about to be introduced.

I believe it will be fixed at the start of next day and it happened due to the messed up server time, but it's still an issue worth reporting.

Screenshot:

HHbug78.jpg

yes ,it happened when the world time changed