[ 13-Apr-20 ] Easter Event - Discussion

FinderKeeper

58 minutes ago, test_anon said:

To be fair, you can sleep up to 11 hours, and as far as I remember, you had ~11 hours of marging.

Moreover, you can buy additionnal moves if needed.

But this is true that if you planned to connect before the end of the event and couldn't… but this is more your fault, than the game fault. You have to organize.

In HH, you have only ~8hours of sleep EACH days, as well as waking up at 5 o' clock if you are European, at least once a week. So HC is really not the worst on this aspect.

Don't any of you people work?

56 minutes ago, Lunik said:

I wouldn't have thought this possible, since I'm going to defend the developers in this case, but:
- Yes, I do consider Kinkoid money grabbing company, first and foremost, and only then capable in what they do. Yes, they delivered us two games, that do have some appeal and we spend lots of time playing them, but at the same time they always prove themselves being lame, non-creative for some part and completely ignorant to user needs most of the time.
- Yes, this puzzle event sux big time! I generally love combining such puzzles and wouldn't mind them in general, but these are just annoying. The motives are sheer boredom, and overall the event reeks of yawning.
- Combine it with some other serious flaws, and Hentaiclicker in general just doesn't use its potential, cause it's run by people that seemingly got lost in their own ideas.

BUT!!! How can you claim it (the event) to be unfair and impossible to finish? More so without errors? They raised the bar to 15 moves, so you have almost 12 hours (or so) until it's full. So for example, you log in and use all your moves (without errors if possible) in the morning, then you go about your day and repeat the process in the evening. You do so for the next few days, and sometime along the last day of event, you should have your new girl already in your harem. For free! No matter how incapable I find the majority of Kinkoid team, this is actually nice of them, to let them win a girl for free, even in an annoying event such as this one. Not to mention, you win some 6K ryos during the event, so you're supposed to be able to obtain at least 15 additional moves if need be. And since playing Gacha is one of the lamest parts of this game, I'd always sign for spending few K ryos to ENSURE obtaining a new girl.

Now, Just as many of you do, I also hope this kind of events cease appearing or are additionally overhauled, but come on now.. If anything, it takes a bit of patience, but it's surely not unfair or even impossible to complete without massive money spending. I'm saying this as a person that has responsibilities during the day, and cannot commit 24 hours a day to this game. And I'm already enjoying Hari's company. I'm sure so could you, but honestly, this time I really doubt it's developers fault. :/

They want you to have girls every so often otherwise there's no encouragement to keep playing or to spend £ on affection, buffs or other consumables bearing in mind that almost all the girls are completely useless only there perks are any use. But the problem is not with the event in of itself it is with the continuing errors that players get some more than others (in my case every puzzle stage had problems, where as some people have been lucky and done with very few problems), it doesn't speak well of a developer or of the games possible future when almost every event that they have had has been buggy for more than just a average few it speaks of a rush job to push content rather than a considered and well planed event that all users can enjoy.

Edited by maxafax
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EdMuse said:

@maxafax: Reporting back in on this.  In Firefox, pieces do snap into place for me, as long as they are more than 50% into the square on the x or y axis.  If they're more than halfway into the next square in any direction, they try to snap into place in that square.

Trying in Edge, now....  Same result.  Piece snaps right into place for me.

On to Chrome....  And that worked, too.

So it doesn't seem to be a browser issue.  My mind wanders to graphics card integration in Unity.  But like I said, I'm clueless about the inner workings of Unity, so I have no real idea if that would have anything to do with it.  Had another idea: turned on ClickLock in my mouse settings and tried it that way.  But it still worked.  Sorry I couldn't come up with anything.

Don't have firefox so can't really comment on if that works for me or not but tried on my other account in Chrome and had same problem

1 hour ago, test_anon said:

To be fair, you can sleep up to 11 hours, and as far as I remember, you had ~11 hours of marging.

Moreover, you can buy additionnal moves if needed.

But this is true that if you planned to connect before the end of the event and couldn't… but this is more your fault, than the game fault. You have to organize.

In HH, you have only ~8hours of sleep EACH days, as well as waking up at 5 o' clock if you are European, at least once a week. So HC is really not the worst on this aspect.

No not everyone can buy additional moves. I'm lucky enough to work full time and have spare money as well as having played for quite a while so managed to save up some Ryos, but not everyone is in that situation. Yes you get an extra 11 hours  but if you loose moves those 11 hours quickie become 0 and if you don't have any thing saved up (which is likely for a lot of users given that you rarely ever know what events will be in advance, its not like we can look back retrospectively to last year and say well this event will probably be up this month.). You can also loose moves quite easily if you work 12h shifts once you factor in travel time sleep etc and not everyone has spare income that they can spend randomly just as not everyone has a mobile phone or plays the game on there mobile. There are 101 factors that can reduce your chance to be able to complete the event, of course we don't expect them to program around every eventuality or to cater for everyone but we do expect the game to work correctly so that you are not loosing additional time/moves outside of any you may loose due to other factors... it really isn't a lot to ask many game programmers manage to make games that don't seem to constantly be suffering from significant bugs that isn't to say that other games don't have bugs some have legendary bugs like the Fabled world of Warcraft plague that actually became a way of working out how real people would react to an epidemic its just that this game seems to have more than its fair share for instance atm a lot of players are reporting timing issues when there local time/date differs from those on the server.

Edited by maxafax
  • Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, maxafax a dit :

Don't any of you people work?

Come on.

11 hours is largely enough, even if you work… Remember that you can also play on a phone at worst.

it speaks of a rush job to push content rather than a considered and well planed event that all users can enjoy.

Nah, its not only rush, but more very very bad coding practices.

No not everyone can buy additional moves.

Come on, in the event you gain ~6K of kobans.

Citation

You can also loose moves quite easily if you work 12h shifts once you factor in travel time sleep etc

You wake up, you play 2 minutes, you go home, play 2 minutes, and voilà.

Just organize yourself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, maxafax said:

A have a very high end stand alone GFX so I doughty it. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC White Edition 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Didn't mean that there might be anything wrong with your graphics card, itself, but perhaps with the way Unity uses it.  Basically, the thought process was that the problem is with Unity, not so much with your GPU.  But that's not likely it, either, since I'm running a GTX 1660Ti in a ROG Strix laptop.  Shouldn't be much difference between our setups in terms of integration between Unity and the GPU.  Actually, though, it occurs to me to ask: are you sure your browsers are actually using that graphics card?  In my experience from my past three ROG laptops, either NVIDIA or ASUS sets things up so that apps use the Intel onboard graphics by default, unless you specifically direct apps to use the NVIDIA card.  Don't know if that would be similar on a desktop machine, since they do it to save on power consumption.  Since HH and HC slam the CPU so hard, I set Firefox to use the NVIDA GPU.  That's one of the reasons I use Firefox for these games: I don't use it for anything else, so I can leave it set to the NVDIA GPU and use the lame-ass Intel chipset for my other uses in Chrome.

Still, I doubt it has anything to do with that.  If this problem was caused by the way Unity hits either a GeForce card or the Intel onboard GPU, it would be happening to everyone.  I'm baffled.

3 hours ago, EdMuse said:

Didn't mean that there might be anything wrong with your graphics card, itself, but perhaps with the way Unity uses it.  Basically, the thought process was that the problem is with Unity, not so much with your GPU.  But that's not likely it, either, since I'm running a GTX 1660Ti in a ROG Strix laptop.  Shouldn't be much difference between our setups in terms of integration between Unity and the GPU.  Actually, though, it occurs to me to ask: are you sure your browsers are actually using that graphics card?  In my experience from my past three ROG laptops, either NVIDIA or ASUS sets things up so that apps use the Intel onboard graphics by default, unless you specifically direct apps to use the NVIDIA card.  Don't know if that would be similar on a desktop machine, since they do it to save on power consumption.  Since HH and HC slam the CPU so hard, I set Firefox to use the NVIDA GPU.  That's one of the reasons I use Firefox for these games: I don't use it for anything else, so I can leave it set to the NVDIA GPU and use the lame-ass Intel chipset for my other uses in Chrome.

Still, I doubt it has anything to do with that.  If this problem was caused by the way Unity hits either a GeForce card or the Intel onboard GPU, it would be happening to everyone.  I'm baffled.

I don't know ever

this is how mem in unity works https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/09/20/understanding-memory-in-unity-webgl/

Answer by aldonaletto · Jul 01, 2017 at 05:59 PM

The GPU does the hard work. All objects that are going to be rendered are ultimately meshes composed by lots of triangles and some textures used to paint them (and to add some details, like bump maps, occlusion maps etc.). Unity (CPU) selects which objects are candidates to be rendered, then sends them one by one to the GPU: for each object, Unity sets up the shaders and textures and starts feeding the GPU with the vertices, triangles, normals and other attributes associated to the vertices. The actual rendering is done by the GPU, where the shader calculates the coordinates of each visible triangle on the screen (vertex section) and paints the triangle according to the textures and lighting (fragment section). This process is repeated every frame for each active camera, and then the resulting buffer (where stuff actually is rendered) is finally transferred to the screen (kind of: some cameras may render to other buffers in order to create effects like reflections, ambient lighting, post processing etc.)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maxafax said:

I don't know ever

this is how mem in unity works https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/09/20/understanding-memory-in-unity-webgl/

Answer by aldonaletto · Jul 01, 2017 at 05:59 PM

The GPU does the hard work. All objects that are going to be rendered are ultimately meshes composed by lots of triangles and some textures used to paint them (and to add some details, like bump maps, occlusion maps etc.). Unity (CPU) selects which objects are candidates to be rendered, then sends them one by one to the GPU: for each object, Unity sets up the shaders and textures and starts feeding the GPU with the vertices, triangles, normals and other attributes associated to the vertices. The actual rendering is done by the GPU, where the shader calculates the coordinates of each visible triangle on the screen (vertex section) and paints the triangle according to the textures and lighting (fragment section). This process is repeated every frame for each active camera, and then the resulting buffer (where stuff actually is rendered) is finally transferred to the screen (kind of: some cameras may render to other buffers in order to create effects like reflections, ambient lighting, post processing etc.)

That says nothing of object behavior, though, which seems to be the problem, here.  That's not something that should be handled by the GPU, so I'd guess that's not where the problem lies.  Of course, you and I could go on forever trying to theorize about what's wrong and why it's working for some and not for others.  But when it comes down to it, we ain't gonna figure it out for certain, and it's not our job to do so in the first place, right?  Sure wish the devs would do so, and fix this for you.  I've seen enough chatter about it on this forum in the two puzzle events that have happened to figure that it's widespread enough problem that they probably shouldn't release another puzzle event until the problem is properly identified and fixed (and I say that as one of the ones who likes the puzzle events!).

• Thanks 1

Il y a 14 heures, maxafax a dit :

Have you met Louise? She spent the past 20 years raising her 3 children: Bunny, Rabbi & Hari. Now that they have left home, she has free time & the long forgotten urges are coming back. Will you help❓

I think he was wondering about how Rabbi can be listed in the wiki when she didn't even appear in HC, i don't have memories of seeing her in an too event too.

On 4/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, test_anon said:

Come on.

11 hours is largely enough, even if you work… Remember that you can also play on a phone at worst.

You wake up, you play 2 minutes, you go home, play 2 minutes, and voilà.

Just organize yourself.

Would it kill the developers to be more benevolent though?

Even in Hentai Heroes, we are allowed to miss two entire days by clearing 10 out of 12 events. What happened to the developer who implemented this? Did he get fired?

à l’instant, Fiel a dit :

Would it kill the developers to be more benevolent though?

Even in Hentai Heroes, we are allowed to miss two entire days by clearing 10 out of 12 events. What happened to the developer who implemented this? Did he get fired?

Are you serious ?

In HH, you need to be connected ~ every 8 hours ! If you are European, you are fucked with the reset time.

1 minute ago, test_anon said:

Are you serious ?

In HH, you need to be connected ~ every 8 hours ! If you are European, you are fucked with the reset time.

Don't move the goalpost.

In each HH event, there is a girl you are guaranteed to get when you clear Daily quest for her. If it's 12 day event, you only have to clear 10 of them. And logging in 1 time every day was enough.

Edited by Fiel

il y a 1 minute, Fiel a dit :

In each HH event, there is a girl you are guaranteed to get when you clear Daily quest for her. If it's 12 day event, you only have to clear 10 of them. And logging in 1 time every day was enough.

Even in HC, for non-classic events, you cannot miss a day.

The last one was quite harsh as we had 3 missions for ~7 hours.

Just now, test_anon said:

Because HH developers are not benevolent in the first place…

They let us sleep though.

It it's a 12 day event, we only have to clear 10 missions.

It it's a 7 day event, we only have to clear 4 or 5 missions.

In HC, if you go to sleep at the wrong time, you failed the mission.

They let us sleep though.

No they don't… you cannot sleep more than 8h30, and have to wake up once a week at 5'O clock for the league. Some competition are also not possible if you do not wake up at 5 O'clock

Citation

It it's a 12 day event, we only have to clear 10 missions.

It it's a 7 day event, we only have to clear 4 or 5 missions.

In the last event, we had to do all missions… and we had 3 missions the last day.

Just now, test_anon said:

No they don't… you cannot sleep more than 8h30, and have to wake up once a week at 5'O clock for the league.

Again. Moving the goalpost to talk about League is the sign of losing the argument.

I'm not talking about the Leagues, I'm talking about the Event girls in HH.

And I don't know what the heck you ware talking about with those 4 days.

2 minutes ago, test_anon said:

Moreover, you speak of sleeping at the wrong moment, this is false. This is a lack of organization on your side, you had a large marging.

HH gives me a margin of 23:59 hours each day to capture the event girl.

And an additional 48 hour buffer margin by only requestin 5 out of 7 or 10 out of 12.

So how can you say the above with any sort of intellectual honesty?

Edited by Fiel

Again. Moving the goalpost to talk about League is the sign of losing the argument.

I'm not talking about the Leagues, I'm talking about the Event girls in HH.

It is not moving the goalpost. You say the developper are benevolent I show you exemple that they are not, and you just exclude those as it doesn't match your narrative.

For the girl events in HH, a lot of them cannot be accessed when you start playing, and you need to spend a lot of kobans (i.e. requiring you to win in leagues, winning competitions).