[ 13-Apr-20 ] Easter Event - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Il y a 17 heures, pants4dead a dit :

Can someone say if i centered it right? It's my first event of this kind and I don't want to miss the girl

image.png.26d6d7fcfe074db0561f5767b8ede70c.png

I want tell to you by " You will need a piece at the end "  is in the low right corner a very small piece go there

Sorry my English is not good  but i think whit the photo it will be OK   You have many black square at your left

and many of them contain a piece for finish the phone Before move one of them take your time , verify if they have a very small piece 

I made the error to go to much fast to finish   I need to make many moves before finish because i do not pay  enough time to check them before move them

DSC06489.JPG

Just realized the folly of my ways, but a moment too late!  I'm on stage 10, and with no moves to play, I've solved it "in the abstract" without actually putting a single piece in place....

image.png.4f64d2514af83cd1ca645723aea73897.png

Unfortunately, just after finishing this, I realized that now I have nothing to do but wait 18 hours to accumulate the moves to actually do it! 🤣

11 hours ago, maxafax said:

I just reached stage 7 and so far it has done me out of over 40 moves by not grabbing the peace's correctly

There's got to be a way to figure out the cause of this.  Would you happen to be playing on Nutaku?  Because from looking at other posts in this thread, I've got a hunch -- nothing more than a hunch -- that that might have something to do with it.  What's got me wondering is that I play right on hentaiclicker.com, and the last puzzle event went off without a hitch for me, as has this one (knock wood!) so far.

21 hours ago, pants4dead said:

Thanks for the advice, but when placing only one piece on the board, the progress bar didn't move at all. It wasn't until there were 3 at the start that I noticed that little purple bar. 

Even at stage 10 I still see purple bar progress after 2 pieces placed correctly. Its not much, but its visible.

This time I'll be able to get the girl without spending, so that's good. But the design of these puzzle events needs to be rethought completely. For a regular 10 day event you can usually make up the difference by investing in 2-3 boosts so that's about 3600 gold total. Here if you miss just 1 day of the event, the punishment is a whooping 8000 gold. And that's not even mentioning the poor stylistic/gameplay choices like bouncy design, boring images, having more than half the puzzle be empty at any one time for certain stages and on and on.

2 minutes ago, Lunik said:

Congratz!

Though I wonder why 3 recharges?  Due to several mistakes during gameplay or out of sheer impatience? Cause there's still almost 24 hours until the event finishes. (At least in CET terms)

There's a day left in the user's screenshot too. I figure it's just impatience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alabaz said:

it's still 300 kinkpoints for every stage after stage 10

Thanks.  Forgot about that.  Still, since a perfect game still doesn't allow enough time to complete another stage after the tenth without spending ryos on moves, it basically amounts to trading ryos for kinkpoints.  Then again, perhaps that's not really a bad idea, given the Gatcha kinkpoint bug.  Basically, I'm not spending ryos on anything else at this point, so....

3 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

This time I'll be able to get the girl without spending, so that's good. But the design of these puzzle events needs to be rethought completely. For a regular 10 day event you can usually make up the difference by investing in 2-3 boosts so that's about 3600 gold total. Here if you miss just 1 day of the event, the punishment is a whooping 8000 gold. And that's not even mentioning the poor stylistic/gameplay choices like bouncy design, boring images, having more than half the puzzle be empty at any one time for certain stages and on and on.

That ratio of 3600 to 8000 is a point well taken, and should probably be better balanced.  But the solution, of course, is not to miss a day of the event.  Again, I'll bring up the idea that games are made to be won or lost, and in these terms, you do what you have to do to win.  If you miss a day, you either have to pay up for more moves, or lose.  Actually, I caught an interesting vid on the history of the game DOOM the other day.  The lead dev on that game insisted on the innovative (at the time) concept that if you had bought and paid for the game, you should never actually lose, never run out of lives without being able to continue.  This stood in absolute contrast to the arcade game experience where, when you basically just rented the game for a quarter, and when you lost, you moved on and freed it up for whoever had the next quarter on it (as I'm old enough to remember).  Perhaps we can see these events as a throw-back to that attitude.  Where the rest of this game is a no lose proposition, where spending some money -- whether in-game currency or real cash -- will improve your gameplay, the events are truly win-or-lose, where if you don't do what needs to be done to win, you've got to spend that cash to pull your butt back out of the fire.

I like the bouncy design and the fact that much of the puzzle is empty.  It makes the difference between "hard" and "challenging."  It is, in effect, easy to make a game hard.  For instance, calculate the number of moves a player will need, then don't given them enough (reference the last puzzle event for that).  But it's hard to make a game challenging.  There were no pieces in this event that were empty all the time.  That meas that patience, observation, planning and strategizing wins the day.  I see it as challenging, but not frustrating.

On the boring images, I'm right there with you.  The game is called Hentai Clicker, after all.  What's with a rock, a flower, and a phone with a cloudy heart on it?  There are some fantastic graphics in this game (they've really outdone themselves with their version of Juliette!).  Even if they re-used some hentai images, here, it would be an improvement.

hace 12 horas, Cursed666 dijo:

Why would any1 spend 2200-4000 ryos on moves, to get 300 kinkpoints, when in the shop you can buy 1k kinkpoints for 3k ryos?

For the same reason anyone would spend 2500 ryos in "instant mojo reset" instead of spend 2000 ryos for the same reward at Shop with "mojo blueprint"

Edited by junky_20
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, junky_20 said:

For the same reason anyone would spend 2500 ryos in "instant mojo reset" instead of spend 2000 ryos for the same rewar at Shop with "mojo blueprint"

To be fair: you do get your daily affection also, which might be useful to some1 that is trying to beat his wall.

Not that I use any of those.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cursed666 said:

Why would any1 spend 2200-4000 ryos on moves, to get 300 kinkpoints, when in the shop you can buy 1k kinkpoints for 3k ryos?

Also: what is that 'gacha kinkpoint bug'?

All KP you would receive in Gache dont show up 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lunik said:

Congratz!

Though I wonder why 3 recharges?  Due to several mistakes during gameplay or out of sheer impatience? Cause there's still almost 24 hours until the event finishes. (At least in CET terms)

I made four mistakes around tha flower stages and wanted to secure the girl. It was a bit of both 

Hi everyone, i'm new.

How many moves on level 10?

Im on level 9, but I dont think I will do it in time..

Question: if you will not do it in time, Hari will be available in others ways in future? Or is she lost forever?

Edited by danacio

5 minutes ago, danacio said:

Hi everyone, i'm new.

How many moves on level 10?

Im on level 9, but I dont think I will do it in time..

Question: if you will not do it in time, Hari will be available in others ways in future? Or is she lost forever?

25 parts, so 25 moves. We do not know for repeat events, thus far we have seen none return.

11 hours ago, EdMuse said:

There's got to be a way to figure out the cause of this.  Would you happen to be playing on Nutaku?  Because from looking at other posts in this thread, I've got a hunch -- nothing more than a hunch -- that that might have something to do with it.  What's got me wondering is that I play right on hentaiclicker.com, and the last puzzle event went off without a hitch for me, as has this one (knock wood!) so far.

Working out where to put them is not a problem I can do that in my head without any difficulty at all. no I'm on kinkoid version but it doesn't matter which version you play people have same problem on all version maybe you have a very steady hand so manage to place theme very accurately, that's not a option for me due to my illnesses my reflexes are not very accurate so I cant align them without there usually being a little bit of the background showing but a well programmed game should not make any difference if you are 1/2 mm over to one side but on there game it do's. I also have problems sometime when I click them to move I get the can't be moved circle appearing. as you can see in the image below marked in red it is not aliened when dropped this means as soon as I refresh it will return the part to the side even though it is in the correct place.

Annotation 2020-04-17 184712.jpg

Edited by maxafax
adittion

16 minutes ago, maxafax said:

Working out where to put them is not a problem I can do that in my head without any difficulty at all. no I'm on kinkoid version but it doesn't matter which version you play people have same problem on all version maybe you have a very steady hand so manage to place theme very accurately, that's not a option for me due to my illnesses my reflexes are not very accurate so I cant align them without there usually being a little bit of the background showing but a well programmed game should not make any difference if you are 1/2 mm over to one side but on there game it do's. I also have problems sometime when I click them to move I get the can't be moved circle appearing. as you can see in the image below marked in red it is not aliened when dropped this means as soon as I refresh it will return the part to the side even though it is in the correct place.

Annotation 2020-04-17 184712.jpg

That's so odd!  I'm actually holding pieces about that far off to check them against adjacent pieces before dropping them.  But when I drop them, they do snap into place.  So that leaves me wondering where the difference lies between what is going on for you and what's going on for me.  Unity holds a fair bit of mystery for me (I was very into Flash and am bummed to see it die), so I won't profess to know all of the possibilities.  But if we're both playing on hentaiclicker.com, it's pretty safe to assume we're both playing the most current version of the game.  Browser or OS issue?  I could imagine Unity working differently in different browsers and on different OS's (I'm using Firefox in Win10, BTW).

But yeah, this shouldn't happen, and it definitely shouldn't cost the player moves!  Speaking of Flash, the most basic tutorial Adobe used to provide was based on creating a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces snapped into place.

8 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

That's so odd!  I'm actually holding pieces about that far off to check them against adjacent pieces before dropping them.  But when I drop them, they do snap into place.  So that leaves me wondering where the difference lies between what is going on for you and what's going on for me.  Unity holds a fair bit of mystery for me (I was very into Flash and am bummed to see it die), so I won't profess to know all of the possibilities.  But if we're both playing on hentaiclicker.com, it's pretty safe to assume we're both playing the most current version of the game.  Browser or OS issue?  I could imagine Unity working differently in different browsers and on different OS's (I'm using Firefox in Win10, BTW).

But yeah, this shouldn't happen, and it definitely shouldn't cost the player moves!  Speaking of Flash, the most basic tutorial Adobe used to provide was based on creating a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces snapped into place.

I play on PC only windows 10 Home MS Edge or occasionally Google Chrome all my software is always up-to-date and current. I play around 6 other Web Games including 2 clicker games without ever having any difficulty's and this puzzle and the last time they used it is the only time I get problems.

Edited by maxafax