Arena rewards.

Varlock

2 minutes ago, Hotless said:

Stupid KK as usual, in patch notes they said "DOUBLED XP in the Daily Quest and moved as a guaranteed second reward", well i remember that i was getting 1840 xp more or less before, this means 3680 xp more or less doubled and instead of that i am getting 2960 xp.

Are you sure you didn't just transpose some digits in your memory? You were probably getting 1480 which is exactly half of 2960.

My reward did double from 1412 to 2824.

31 minutes ago, MCP said:

Are you sure you didn't just transpose some digits in your memory? You were probably getting 1480 which is exactly half of 2960.

My reward did double from 1412 to 2824.

He almost certainly did, yes. His level should have been giving him 1483 experience according to the old formula

On 4/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, Čamuga said:

It will also punish people for the Leagues. I've been getting most of my boosters through arena wins, so not getting those will hurt a lot. My guess is theyre incentivizing people to spend their Mythic/Epic orbs faster, so they dont stack them up to 100s like some people did. I do hope they bring back at least some booster/item rewards from arenas, and the xp for contests was pretty damn important now that you mention it, I really hope we see a replacement for it soon (or a reversal of this change after the event).

THIS.

I've gotten a fair amount of Epic-tier boosters from the Arena but now the ONLY option for obtaining boosters is to buy them with kobans? This is a clear move to earn more money by forcing players to spend money to obtain more boosters to remain competitive. Newer players will be left in the dust while players who have been playing for years and stockpiling boosters earned from the arena will reign supreme.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tread said:

THIS.

I've gotten a fair amount of Epic-tier boosters from the Arena but now the ONLY option for obtaining boosters is to buy them with kobans? This is a clear move to earn more money by forcing players to spend money to obtain more boosters to remain competitive. Newer players will be left in the dust while players who have been playing for years and stockpiling boosters earned from the arena will reign supreme.

Dont be too hasty on conclusions, Im level 320, I've played for a year, stacked up boosters- only a bunch of greys, I dont even have that many purple/yellow boosters lol :D It does matter, just not that much.. I would stil llike an alternative to get boosters for activity though :/ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Čamuga said:

Dont be too hasty on conclusions, Im level 320, I've played for a year, stacked up boosters- only a bunch of greys, I dont even have that many purple/yellow boosters lol :D It does matter, just not that much.. I would stil llike an alternative to get boosters for activity though :/ 

Think about completely new players, though. Before, you could get some greys and boost your meager stats to guarantee wins in the Arena and the entry levels of the ToF. Now, they don't even have that. How many new players are going to be turned away by this?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tread said:

Think about completely new players, though. Before, you could get some greys and boost your meager stats to guarantee wins in the Arena and the entry levels of the ToF. Now, they don't even have that. How many new players are going to be turned away by this?

None that didn't know that Arena used to give good stuff lol. I'm looking into long term consequences of this change, and those annoy me much more than I think newer players will be annoyed by this

• Like 1

Books and gifts should disappear as reward on 4 wins, they are nowhere near combativity! One green book isn't equal to the 2 green books/gifts/money we are getting from fighting a villain + the chance for shards and progress in contests. Green items as a daily rewards are offense and useless for players over level 300. Boosters and exp should be returned as arena fight rewards, the mojo is useless statistic i haven't seen any change in  mojo ranking since the arena changes a while ago. Every aspect of the game should provide something useful. All those epic boosters and exp were taken away from us with no good reason. The daily exp reward doesn't make up for this.

• Like 5

Since the recent changes in the rewards for arean fights, I don't really get the point of fighting after you finish the daily challange. You no longer get, money, exp, or as far as I can see anything really worth while. Yes you get +9 exp for the girls on the team, but the exp and aff +9 never seem to be rewarded and I have no idea what mjo gets you other than an increased status on the Monday reward.

• Like 3

+1  After the girls on your team are up to your level and you've finished the daily challenge there seems no point to arena anymore.
The only time it's worth doing more than 16 arena fights per day now is when the daily mission contest gives points for winning arena fights.

Mojo is a joke and always has been.

• Like 3

The nerf to Arena was unnecessary and seems to be another step in a common thread indicating the game is moving towards more pay-to-win mechanics. Maybe they felt they were too generous and if they nerf a bunch of things then players will give them more money. Alas that's not how the world works dear developers.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

19 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

The nerf to Arena was unnecessary and seems to be another step in a common thread indicating the game is moving towards more pay-to-win mechanics. Maybe they felt they were too generous and if they nerf a bunch of things then players will give them more money. Alas that's not how the world works dear developers.

They removed the incentive for whales to keep refreshing arena constantly in order to extend the level gap they have on free players. While you can personally dislike the change, it is the removal of a pay-to-win feature, not the addition of one.

• Thinking 1

31 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

They removed the incentive for whales to keep refreshing arena constantly in order to extend the level gap they have on free players. While you can personally dislike the change, it is the removal of a pay-to-win feature, not the addition of one.

If that was the intention it would have made more sense to remove the ability of refreshing for kobans. As it is now, it does not accomplish what you stated, as whales can still win contests based on paying for refreshes. The end result is that instead of actually removing the pay-to-win feature, they have nerfed it for free players along with the whales.

• Like 1

xD You think the whales that were spending kobans on the arena for XP gains (i.e. long-term, persistent advantages) are concerned with winning the - by their standards - piddling amounts of kobans on offer in contests?

That's not to say that there aren't people who refresh the arena simply to win contests, but such e-peen idiocy isn't particularly a whale thing, non-/low-spenders have been known to do it, too. (Although more commonly with troll contests, the principle is the same though.)

Edited by _shal_

39 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

If that was the intention it would have made more sense to remove the ability of refreshing for kobans. As it is now, it does not accomplish what you stated, as whales can still win contests based on paying for refreshes. The end result is that instead of actually removing the pay-to-win feature, they have nerfed it for free players along with the whales.

It can be a factor while not being the sole reason. In addition to what shal said about the contest kobans being pathetic amounts that are likely beneath the notice of whales, there's only 2 contest types that arena wins count for.

One is "All Shall Fear", this also includes boss battles, which is much more likely to be the target of whales.

The second is "Who talked about 'corruption'?", which has a Ymen spending option, also much more likely used by whales.

So even if their intent was to make it harder for whales to win contests, removing the arena refresh button wouldn't accomplish that. As it is, I think the button's main purpose is for people who don't have much time to get the 16 wins per day for the mythic pachinko orb. Which is hardly pay to win.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with the OP (like most people, I suppose). The changes to the arena rewards need to be reverted. Since the update, once you've won your 16 daily fights, fighting in the arena becomes completely useless. It means that this update made the Arena feature nearly irrelevant.

In the past, the other rewards ( a bit of XP, a bit of money, and most importantly for me, the occasional random booster item) made it enjoyable to do a couple of Arena fights every now and then during the day. Now, after 16 wins, I don't give a flying f*ck about the Arena. It just doesn't exist any more for me - unless I need a couple of extra fights to cap my girls' level.

In other words, dear dev team : You broke the Arena. You broke one of your game's features. Please fix it already. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand that the wales with million of kobans could refresh the arena often to get more exp. Yes thats not fair for the free2play user...
But i got now no reason to do more than the 16 daily wins -.-

Maybe its an option to get only cash/presents for pvp wins and no exp! So i have a reason to do more pvp fights but wales wouldnt be able to gain exp ^^

• Like 3

I know I am a bit late to this, but I can only chime into the choir and say that these recent changes should be reversed.

The Arena was tbh unattractive enough as it was, with only having a small incentive to play more than your 16 matches, now there's none.
You basically made a whole part of your game completely pointless

You should have upped the rewards both for single fights and for the stages at 4,8 and 16 wins, so that the Arena can compare with the rest of the fights against Champions and in the League when it comes to rewards, not remove one and only slightly increase the other.
It really makes zero sense.

• Like 2

After finishing the first 16 wins I've now started fighting opponents to deliberately lose, so that I tank a bit of mojo and get slightly easier matches for the next set of 16 wins when they refresh.  Seems like a pretty broken system if losing can have better benefits than winning.

• Like 3