Challenge tokens

rsmaster

It has been few hours from that moment and there's still no fix to that?

Some of my clubmates said that they received a full bar - 15 tokens some time after reset, so a full refill. But I still didn't receive that refill - only those challenge tokens that has accumulated through time. So will there be a compensation or a refill?

For anyone wondering - I did all standard things - login out and back in, clearing cache, refresh, reloading. Everything. Still nothing.

Well, according to @horo kinkoid the answer to this problem is in Patch Notes:

Hello.
Thanks for contacting Kinkoid Customer Support.
The answer regarding the situation described is clearly written in the Patch Notes, so to receive all the information you need, go to the Forum/Blog and check.
Regards.

I read all Patch Notes for the past one and a half year. There were never a mention that I personally and few other players will not receive a refill of challenge tokens when the League is reset on that day. So please, help me out on this. Where exactly does it say so?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rsmaster said:

Didnt say anything in the last patch notes about it,only about event time change!! And if that is the case ,why did some get the refill and others not ??

Exactly my point.

Some people received a refill. And we didn't. And "Patch Notes clearly shows why". I know that tech support here is mostly useless, but this is just another level.

It was a mass reply. I received the exact same message as you did, although it didn't answer my query either (I posted about it elsewhere). They just filtered all the tickets with "reset" in the title and sent that reply to all of them in one go, I'm pretty sure. It's common practice in support (in general, I mean, I don't work for Kinkoid) when lots of players ask the same question at the same time. It's just that some tickets got caught in the mix that had nothing to do with "why has the reset time changed?".

And yeah, the French moderator also claims that they made a manual refill of 15 tokens for "most players" about two hours after the current league started. I wasn't one of them either. I started my league with 13 tokens, which were pretty clearly leftovers from the previous league (I didn't play from about 6AM to a bit after the new league started at 13:00 CET, so at 1 token per 35 minutes, that would be around 13). Something weird clearly happened at the previous reset time with league tokens, which they failed to anticipate, and they didn't do a great job of fixing it (at least for a number of players).

15 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

It was a mass reply. I received the exact same message as you did, although it didn't answer my query either (I posted about it elsewhere). They just filtered all the tickets with "reset" in the title and sent that reply to all of them in one go, I'm pretty sure. It's common practice in support (in general, I mean, I don't work for Kinkoid) when lots of players ask the same question at the same time. It's just that some tickets got caught in the mix that had nothing to do with "why has the reset time changed?".

And yeah, the French moderator also claims that they made a manual refill of 15 tokens for "most players" about two hours after the current league started. I wasn't one of them either. I started my league with 13 tokens, which were pretty clearly leftovers from the previous league (I didn't play from about 6AM to a bit after the new league started at 13:00 CET, so at 1 token per 35 minutes, that would be around 13). Something weird clearly happened at the previous reset time with league tokens, which they failed to anticipate, and they didn't do a great job of fixing it (at least for a number of players).

Well, that is a great explanation, but what I received as an answer from tech support was basically an insult this time. I asked why I didn't receive a refill. And the answer was "Patch Notes. Can't you read it?". To which I could have replied that "Yes, I can. And there's no mention in Patch Notes about why I'm personally didn't receive a refill". But I can't do that. Because that ticket was immediately archived, like that was an actual answer.

I never received an actual help from tech support. But at least those answers were along the lines of "We forwarded it to the team that will deal with that issue" or "Try doing what you already did", which were not helpful, but at least trying to do their best to help. I can understand that they're dealing with a wide issue and you basically need to wait until the problem is fixed for everyone having that issue. Or that they give a standard answer to every problem - "try to re-login, clear cookies, etc", because they need to make sure that I did all that before they try to do something else. And I respond with information on everything I tried to fix it on my own. And I'm still waiting 149 days on that ticket. But that ticket hasn't been immediately archived with a ridiculous answer. This one was.

2 hours ago, Bomba said:

Because that ticket was immediately archived, like that was an actual answer.

That's interesting. My ticket wasn't actually closed by this same mass reply. Its status instead moved to "Has been answered". Since the same template was used, I would have expected all messages receiving it to be handled the same way, as I suppose they must have a tool with options on what status to apply to the tickets after sending the mass reply, and so on (as most support teams I've worked in do).

I actually sent a follow-up today to clear things up about this, as when I tried on the (FR) forum, I've noticed that more people seemed confused than I expected, even after I explained the situation (including a mod there).

We'll see where this goes, but I won't hold my breath. I have 3 other tickets still pending (despite receiving at least one "forwarded to" template at some point) including one that's well over 100 days old as well. And all of these matter more in my case than whether or not they'll refund me a couple of lost league tokens. Since they seem to have next to no leeway in how they handle customer requests (at least for commoners like us who don't receive VIP treatment)... I fully expect each query to be a struggle to get through, whether I get proper compensation or not at the end of the road.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, DvDivXXX said:

That's interesting. My ticket wasn't actually closed by this same mass reply. Its status instead moved to "Has been answered". Since the same template was used, I would have expected all messages receiving it to be handled the same way, as I suppose they must have a tool with options on what status to apply to the tickets after sending the mass reply, and so on (as most support teams I've worked in do).

I actually sent a follow-up today to clear things up about this, as when I tried on the (FR) forum, I've noticed that more people seemed confused than I expected, even after I explained the situation (including a mod there).

We'll see where this goes, but I won't hold my breath. I have 3 other tickets still pending (despite receiving at least one "forwarded to" template at some point) including one that's well over 100 days old as well. And all of these matter more in my case than whether or not they'll refund me a couple of lost league tokens. Since they seem to have next to no leeway in how they handle customer requests (at least for commoners like us who don't receive VIP treatment)... I fully expect each query to be a struggle to get through, whether I get proper compensation or not at the end of the road.

I did the same and opened up a follow-up ticket. After 3 days I received an answer to it. Again, from Horo. Which was:

Hello.
As written in the Patch Notes, there were an hour change (from 5 am UTC+1 to 1pm UTC+1) for Leagues,Events,Missions, etc; that's the reason why you didn't see the rewards at the classic hour.
Regards.

Isn't that great? I even avoided the possible key words to not trigger the automatic response.

And yet again, I receive an "answer", which doesn't help at all and repeats the same thing.

I'm fuming. The only way I can describe these answers with proper language is "insulting and unprofessional".

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, @Bomba. My own follow-up is sitll in the queue, but the fact that you received a slightly upgraded template in response to yours instead of an actual reply isn't encouraging.

Also, the bug seems to be still there. I was awake at 5AM CET last night / this morning, and the same ghost/fake 15 tokens appeared right at the time of the previous reset. They were exactly the same as last week: my real token count was still there, just hidden by the false "15/15" bar. I was able to do one attack as I was actually at 1/15 at the time, and then I was able to pretend launch another attack, and got the same "Not enough challenge energy" error message as last week. The incorrect 15/15 bar was still there afterwards, this time. When I came back today after noon, my bar was showing my real token count again.

Now, a few minutes before the actual league reset, I'm at 0/15. I sincerely hope that my bar will go back to 15/15 in 2 minutes when the new league starts, this time... Edit: They did. So apart from the remaining visual bug at 5AM CET on the last day, the main issue (not getting a proper token refill at 13:00 CET) seems to be have been fixed at least.

Edited by DvDivXXX

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks for the update, @Bomba. My own follow-up is sitll in the queue, but the fact that you received a slightly upgraded template in response to yours instead of an actual reply isn't encouraging.

Also, the bug seems to be still there. I was awake at 5AM CET last night / this morning, and the same ghost/fake 15 tokens appeared right at the time of the previous reset. They were exactly the same as last week: my real token count was still there, just hidden by the false "15/15" bar. I was able to do one attack as I was actually at 1/15 at the time, and then I was able to pretend launch another attack, and got the same "Not enough challenge energy" error message as last week. The incorrect 15/15 bar was still there afterwards, this time. When I came back today after noon, my bar was showing my real token count again.

Now, a few minutes before the actual league reset, I'm at 0/15. I sincerely hope that my bar will go back to 15/15 in 2 minutes when the new league starts, this time... Edit: They did. So apart from the remaining visual bug at 5AM CET on the last day, the main issue (not getting a proper token refill at 13:00 CET) seems to be have been fixed at least.

I had the same two things. False 15/15 at the time of previous reset and I probably received a full refill at the time League ended or some time later. I wasn't there to check it, but I received more challenge tokens than would naturally generate.

But it's kinda infuriating that this bug hasn't even been acknowledged in a whole week. We didn't receive a refill in a previous League at all. That refill costs kobans. (Around 187 kobans). So there should be at least a compensation in that regard. And I really hope with an apology.

• Like 1

New update. I finally received an answer, which says that they actually looked in my case specifically and shows why they dismiss this bug. Somewhere down the line there's a huge miscommunication. And I think it would be really helpful if they stop archiving my tickets and actually read them.

Hello,
Thanks for contacting Kinkoid Customer Support.
As previously written in the old tickets you receive the rewards in a different hour; just for be sure,we made an accurate check on your account and we notice you actually received the offer
2020-05-21 13:12:55 Soft currency [SC] LEAGUES_REWARD Quantity: 897601

Regards.

So, first of all. UTC +2. That's the timezone they actually show the time with. They say it's UTC+1 and I use that time format when writing tickets, so that there would be no confusion for them. But I think they include modifier from the Daylight Saving Time. So, 13:12:55 UTC+2. That's 13 minutes after the reset and that's exactly right. That's the time at which I received the rewards for the previous League. And I specifically mentioned that in my ticket. I said that yes, I received the reward for the previous League. And that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the refill of challenge tokens for the next League. Which was manually distributed to some players at least an hour later after this specific time.

Honestly, I'm sitting here with a facepalm. Someone out there in the tech support can't relay the information. It seems like something like this happens: One guy(community manager - CM) reads my ticket and says to the guy who actually programs this stuff(tech guy - TG) something like this:
CM: "Hey, this guy says he didn't receive something for his League"
TG: "Ok, let me check this out"
TG doing his work...
TG: "Nope, he received rewards. Here's proof: 2020-05-21 13:12:55 Soft currency [SC] LEAGUES_REWARD Quantity: 897601 "
CM: "Thanks man. I will relay this information to him"

And the problem is: Tech guy is right - I received that reward. Which again, I specifically mention that yes, I did receive it. But that has nothing to do with the problem, which is refill, which isn't given in rewards, because it has nothing to do with the previous League. It's given at the start of the next League. 

And I'm really sorry, but I have to continue doing this. I didn't receive that refill. And at this point I honestly have no idea how to clarify this. I admit that maybe I do not inform them about the problem properly, but I don't know how. I have written everything! With all time stamps and all information that I had and mentioning the refill specifically multiple times. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Bomba I didn't receive it either. No problem. I have already got used to it. The other day they forgot to give me tickets for the won contest (20k Ymens instead of 3 tickets). Then I was punished for spring time change. Then they made a giveaway with x10 Epic Pachinko and silently changed it into x10 Great Pachinko. Ect ect ect Its a usual thing. Relax and just play the game. You won't get anything that you think you deserve by sending a ticket. You'll get annoyed by the feedback and that's it. That's how I see it.

The game is great regardless.

I've been in contact with Noacc about this and he's told me that he'll be digging further into it next week. It's not an isolated issue, but it's not one that everyone experienced either, which according to their systems shouldn't be possible (unless you happened to have a full bar when the manual refill went out). He was very surprised when I alerted him to this issue yesterday, and had been unaware of the inconsistency of the  manual refill that was done last week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darsca said:

I've been in contact with Noacc about this and he's told me that he'll be digging further into it next week. It's not an isolated issue, but it's not one that everyone experienced either, which according to their systems shouldn't be possible (unless you happened to have a full bar when the manual refill went out). He was very surprised when I alerted him to this issue yesterday, and had been unaware of the inconsistency of the  manual refill that was done last week.

If that helps, I wrote down everything that happened and what I tried in my tickets. I think the first one (ID:7057) has everything that I did to try to fix it on my end. And to answer the question, at the time, when others in my club received the refill I had exactly zero challenge tokens, not a full bar.

And to sum up the timeline. I was online before the reset at 13:00 UTC+1(Kinkoid time, actual UTC+2). After the reset happened League wasn't available for some time and after 15 minutes minutes the rewards has been given. Ticket has even the exact time for that distribution - 13:13 UTC+1. After I entered the League I had only 5 tokens - I had 4 before the reset happened and one was added during the time when League was unavailable. I used them all.  And after that I was waiting for the distribution of the refill and was using tokens as fast as possible - in the first 5 minutes after they appeared. Then, an hour after the reset - around 14:20 UTC+1(I'm not that sure about this time now, but it was between 14:00 and 15:00) two of my clubmates who were online said that they just received the refill. I thought that that was the start of the distribution of refills and all I need to do is just wait. So I continued to wait and spend my tokens the moment they appear to get more value from the refill. But the refill never came. Few hours after that I posted here, on forum, in this thread and stopped doing League battles immediately after the token appeared, but still used my tokens often with never more than 3 of them remaining at once. And at 2:20 UTC+1 on May 22nd I finally wrote a ticket, because that refill never reached me. After that, during the week I was trying to keep my eye on the amount of tokens and as far as I know - I never received that refill.

I guess I will stop writing to the tech support until Noacc responds here. It seems useless anyway. Darsca, I hope you will keep us up to date with what's going on with this problem. I understand that it's not a priority, but it would be cool to have updates once a week or so for now.

2 hours ago, Тёмный Властелин said:

@Bomba I didn't receive it either. No problem. I have already got used to it. The other day they forgot to give me tickets for the won contest (20k Ymens instead of 3 tickets). Then I was punished for spring time change. Then they made a giveaway with x10 Epic Pachinko and silently changed it into x10 Great Pachinko. Ect ect ect Its a usual thing. Relax and just play the game. You won't get anything that you think you deserve by sending a ticket. You'll get annoyed by the feedback and that's it. That's how I see it.

The game is great regardless.

"You got used to it". That's exactly the problem for me. We all got used to it at this point. But I don't think that's a good sign that we got used to constantly unresolved minor issues. They solve big ones, but when it's not massive then problem rarely got solved. I think there was a guy who won a koban category in ToF nearly a year ago and I don't think he ever got his reward. Even though he was still asking about it even half a year ago.

Apparently, our bug has been fixed. Did you guys received their "fix"? Because I didn't receive neither refill nor the compensation for this. Which is supposed to be around 190 kobans - the value of the full refill.

1 hour ago, horo kinkoid said:

Fixed issues 

• To know more about the known and fixed issues, click here.
Week 21
  • Leagues 
    • With the time change for updates in the game, the players may have had issues with Combativity reset. This issue has been solved on the 21st of May

I'm just curious, how exactly it has been fixed? Because a lot of people didn't receive those refills of challenge tokens. They didn't receive them at all during the whole week that League was running. And did not receive any compensation at all. And it has been 3 weeks already. This whole thread is about it and you don't even acknowledge the issue so far and leave us without an answer and it's not even a known issue, but a fixed issue?

• Like 1

Update.

I think something is wrong with tech support. And I'm not talking about the scroll-bar which doesn't work. I'm talking about this archived ticket:

Horo

Hi,

Could you give us more information about the problem you have?

- Give as much details as possible regarding the problem you have, ex: "when I clicked on... I got...". The more detailed the information you shared, the faster we'll be able to solve the problem.
- Tell us in which environment you play: computer, tablet, smart phone, browser, browser version, website or app, app version.
- Tell us if the issue is always the same or if it happened once or several times.
- Don't hesitate to tell us if you know that other players experienced the same problem.
- Finally, don't forget to add a screenshot or a video to your ticket to show us the problem you experienced. Thanks to it, our teams will clearly see what's the issue. For the screenshots, we recommend using this tool: https://snag.gy/. Without screenshots, we may not be able to help you.

Regards,

Kinkoid

This was the response about this issue after it wasn't even been acknowledged for 3 tickets. Do you think "Oh, but it's normal for tech-support to ask this" ? Then I will repeat: "archived ticket" . I can't add that information to this ticket even if I wanted too. But the problem is: I have already provided all that information in so much detail, that I honestly have no idea what else I can add to this.

- Give as much details as possible regarding the problem you have, ex: "when I clicked on... I got...". The more detailed the information you shared, the faster we'll be able to solve the problem.
I provided all that information, including where I was, what I was doing and at which time I was doing that. Page of that.

- Tell us in which environment you play: computer, tablet, smart phone, browser, browser version, website or app, app version.
My bad, I did not said that I play on PC. But I provided my browser version, all possible "3-rd party programs, characteristics and all environment actions I did to fix this issue. Paragraph of that .

- Tell us if the issue is always the same or if it happened once or several times.
As I already provided: Once. For everyone on the server. Than, unknown number of times when the refills were not distributed.

- Don't hesitate to tell us if you know that other players experienced the same problem.
I'm not a snitch, but I told them about everyone in this thread.

- Finally, don't forget to add a screenshot or a video to your ticket to show us the problem you experienced. Thanks to it, our teams will clearly see what's the issue. For the screenshots, we recommend using this tool: https://snag.gy/. Without screenshots, we may not be able to help you.
Sadly, I don't have the screenshot with no challenge tokens after the refill was supposed to be distributed. I thought this wide issue will be solved for everyone and didn't make a screenshot until it was too late - 4 hours after the bug happened. I really thought that they were still distributing those refills.

How am I even supposed to clarify the issue if the tickets are immediately archived? Repeat everything again, while adding some additional info? Or just straight up that additional info without any clarifications?

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

It has been 29 days from the last message to the tech support. And there's still no answer.

It has been 49 days from the day the bug happened. Still no response from Kinkoid in regard to this bug.

This bug happened. Affected a lot of people. And Kinkoid never even acknowledge it, let alone fix it. It's not there among "Known Issues", but it is proudly pointed out amongst "Fixed Issues" for week 21, even though it was not fixed. People did not receive their "Combativity" reset as they call it, even though in the game it's called "Challenge tokens" and "Combativity" is a different resource.

This is a friendly reminder, that this issue has been ignored and not fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update.

With new support system I received an answer:

Kinkoid Team1 day, 18h, 52mn, 16s

Hi,

We would like to kindly inform you that our new Customer Support team will be glad to help with your questions and concerns.

Please answer and let us know if you still have any issues.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the game!

Kind regards,
Kinkoid Team.

PS: if we don't have an answer from you this ticket will be closed soon.

The issue happened on May 21st 2020. So now it's 83 days from that moment. Let's hope that at least this time it will be acknowledged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update.

Nope.

Freya1 day, 8h, 16mn, 36s

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your feedback on this. However, we made changes to the Leagues and all is working accordingly. Furthermore, in the future, if you experience something like this we would need a screenshot to further assist you.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the game!

Kind Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Basically, their position on this is "It did not happen and everything worked accordingly, so shoo". I'm not getting though to them. So I would recommend to everyone who experienced this issue to reopen their tickets, so that they will finally have a precedent of this.

• Sad 1

Hmm, well this doesn't look promising. That's clearly a template (at least the bulk of it), and furthermore it's very short and seems to indicate that the new team doesn't have any more leeway or time to properly read and respond to player queries.

I kinda wish I had read your post before I typed out long re-explanations of my other two tickets left in limbo for months (the one for the 120 contest kobans I never received, and the one for the painful extra week I had to spend in D3 despite being in the proper range to demote back to D2). Wait and see, but if I'm getting a snippy snap template-based "no can do but technically we can claim we handled the ticket" reply like you did... Well, I'll conclude that their ticket system is still a waste of time despite their hiring a brand-new and dedicated support team. Which would be pretty sad.

• Sad 1