Remove contest notifications?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Remove contest notifications?

• YES
    • NO
    • Make an option to turn them on/off
    • These notifications are cool and helpful
    • These notifications are stupid and obnoxious

Ok, guys. I was looking into a way to speed up those notifications. At this point it's not critically needed anymore, as we can click through them now.

If anyone wishes to quicken animation speeds, the following script will help. It also adds modifiable parameters so you could tweak the timings yourself.

It looks kinda messy, because It takes part of the original code and rewrites it on each page load to add those changes.

Again, all but included parameters was part of the original code. I'm not adding anything extra but one multiplier in two places and one number (see commented parts near the bottom).

As always, use at your own risk.

ADD:

As per @Тёмный Властелин's suggestion added option to completely hide notifications. To use it, change parameters this way

const timePopup = 0;
const multAnimTime = 0;
const hide = true;

// ==UserScript==
// @name            HH Objective Popup Speed Up
// @namespace		hentaiheroes.com
// @description		Speed it up
// @version			0.0.3
// @match			https://www.hentaiheroes.com/*
// @match			https://nutaku.haremheroes.com/*
// @match			https://eroges.hentaiheroes.com/*
// @match			https://thrix.hentaiheroes.com/*
// @match			https://www.gayharem.com/*
// @match			https://nutaku.gayharem.com/*
// @match			https://test.hentaiheroes.com/*
// @run-at			document-end
// @grant			none
// @author			FinderKeeper
// ==/UserScript==

const timePopup = 700; //time popup will be shown in milliseconds; 2000 ms is default: 2e3
const multAnimTime = 0.1; //this will cut slide-in and slide-out animations to 1/10 of time; default: 1
const hide = false; //if set to true, notification box will not be displayed; default: false

const hidestyle = hide?' style="display: none !important;"':'';

HHObjectivePointsPopup = function(_HHBuildablePopup14) {
    _inherits(HHObjectivePointsPopup, _HHBuildablePopup14);
    function HHObjectivePointsPopup(name, options, callback) {
        _classCallCheck(this, HHObjectivePointsPopup);
        var _this20 = _possibleConstructorReturn(this, (HHObjectivePointsPopup.__proto__ || Object.getPrototypeOf(HHObjectivePointsPopup)).call(this, name, options, callback));
        _this20.objective_points = _this20.options.objective_points;
        _this20.$popupWrapper.append(_this20.buildBody());
        _get(HHObjectivePointsPopup.prototype.__proto__ || Object.getPrototypeOf(HHObjectivePointsPopup.prototype), "setClassProperties", _this20).call(_this20);
        _this20.animateRow();
        $(".noti_box .points").niceScroll(".container");
        return _this20
    }
    _createClass(HHObjectivePointsPopup, [{
        key: "buildBody",
        value: function buildBody() { //inserted hidestyle into the next line
            var body = '<div id="objective_popup" class="notifs">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="noti_box"'+hidestyle+'>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="points">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="container">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t' + this.buildObjectiveBlock() + "\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t</div>";
            return body
        }
    }, {
        key: "buildObjectiveBlock",
        value: function buildObjectiveBlock() {
            var body = "";
            for (var key in this.objective_points) {
                var objective = this.objective_points[key];
                body += '<div class="row">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="contest_name">' + GT.design[key] + ':</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="contest_points">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="points_name">' + objective.name + ': </div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="points_num">\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<div class="points_i">+' + number_format_lang(objective.points_gained) + "</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t\t</div>\n\t\t\t\t\t</div>"
            }
            return body
        }
    }, {
        key: "animateRow",
        value: function animateRow() {
            var $rows = $(".row");
            var timer = void 0;
            var me = this;
            $rows.each(function(i, row) {
                setTimeout(function() {
                    $(row).addClass("animate");
                    $(".noti_box .points .container").getNiceScroll().resize()
                }, multAnimTime*300 * (i + 1)) //added multiplier
            });
            timer = setTimeout(closePoints, $rows.length * timePopup); //changed from 2e3 to timePopup
            function closePoints() {
                $("#objective_popup").addClass("slide-out");
                setTimeout(function() {
                    me.close()
                }, multAnimTime*500); //added multiplier
                clearTimeout(timer)
            }
        }
    }]);
    return HHObjectivePointsPopup
}(HHBuildablePopup);

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Thanks 2

if we can modify to skip them almost immediately, I'm still liking it. (and from what you said and how it looks, it seems thats definitely an option)
It's been so long that even if they made them 100% non-intrusive, I will still have that visceral hatred for them, and now out of sheer spite I want them off :D 

Edited by Čamuga

It's no longer a problem. Doesn't slow anything down. Doesn't cover anything up. Doesn't spoil results. In the market, you can click something 10 times in a row and the notification dosn't come up until you stock clicking.

Might as well stop complaining about it.

13 ore fa, DocJD ha scritto:

It's no longer a problem. Doesn't slow anything down. Doesn't cover anything up. Doesn't spoil results. In the market, you can click something 10 times in a row and the notification dosn't come up until you stock clicking.

Might as well stop complaining about it.

In fact nobody was complaining anymore, the thread was dead before you wrote.

Notifications are always a totally useless thing since to see the effective result of the action you must always go to check in PoA/contest but at least they are no longer harmful.

Now it's neither an upgrade nor a downgrade, so no complaints and no happiness, they would have saved time asking instead to introduce the variation on their own initiative, I hope they do it in future.

• Like 3

It got better, but at the moment because of its uselesssness, it is still a downgrade and I would appreciate a setting for disabling it. It does not matter how well it is developed (and I'm a bit sceptical here), such a notification for every user acting on the server costs performance. I can't say if it is noticable in this special case, but my feelings says the game was faster a few months ago. So something has changed and this could be one of those changes.

• Like 1

hace 1 hora, MrXY dijo:

It got better, but at the moment because of its uselesssness, it is still a downgrade and I would appreciate a setting for disabling it. It does not matter how well it is developed (and I'm a bit sceptical here), such a notification for every user acting on the server costs performance. I can't say if it is noticable in this special case, but my feelings says the game was faster a few months ago. So something has changed and this could be one of those changes.

They increased the size of the images a lot. What they call HD images are images with far more resolution you need given the size they're rendered at.

Yeah I read about this. Of course this could be one reason. But I think there are also other reasons. The big reset on thursday, when the league ends is a good example. There is always a big performance problem. For sure many players are active, but most of them don't log in exact on reset time, I'm pretty sure they are at least active a few minutes before. And before everything is alright (with all these players clicking through the game with all these HD images). Only after the reset you notice a massive lag. Of course there a big player amount now who wants to fight villains for example. And if there is a check after every fight for showing a contest popup this does not help. Maybe I'm wrong but for me it feels it got worse over the last weeks (even after the change of reset time).

• Like 1

hace 8 horas, MrXY dijo:

Yeah I read about this. Of course this could be one reason. But I think there are also other reasons. The big reset on thursday, when the league ends is a good example. There is always a big performance problem. For sure many players are active, but most of them don't log in exact on reset time, I'm pretty sure they are at least active a few minutes before. And before everything is alright (with all these players clicking through the game with all these HD images). Only after the reset you notice a massive lag. Of course there a big player amount now who wants to fight villains for example. And if there is a check after every fight for showing a contest popup this does not help. Maybe I'm wrong but for me it feels it got worse over the last weeks (even after the change of reset time).

You're not wrong, every addition always make everything more cumbersome. That's something bad developers don't take into account. But the most important seems to be the new images size, not only because they're huge, but because they make many more requests than needed (for example, if you go to the arena all of your girls images are requested, even if you only end up making the battles without changing girls and needing only three).

This article explains it properly: https://www.theolognion.com/unreal-engine-5-is-meant-to-ridicule-web-developers/ 😂

• Haha 1