[ 11-Jun-20 ] Dance With Me - Discussion

FinderKeeper

yeah I'm up to the yen symbol and its horrible. Took a lot of time to find what I assumed was a corner and put it on the board. Since I got the progress bar to increase I'm assuming I guessed right, and now I just need to build off it.

No idea how the previous poster is confident about those 5 pieces they placed though...

Edited by SpinelesS

At least with all but the first piece on the first Yen symbol if you place it you can see the bar go up on the progress that combined with a bit of patience is how I got through it just now  

5 hours ago, Just_To_Complain said:

Now this is the epitome of fun. 

4 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

It looks like they're trying to create the first game where taking a screenshot is part of the gameplay. The lack of foresight and imagination on part of the developers is disturbing.

Next puzzle event we'll get a symbol with the size of one puzzle piece or if we're lucky the size of 3 puzzle pieces on a 5x5 board. That's like playing a static puzzle game with a unicoloured area with the size of 2/3 of the total area. They think it must be fun to watch at  blank pieces... 👺

4 hours ago, JAVhero said:

Next puzzle event we'll get a symbol with the size of one puzzle piece or if we're lucky the size of 3 puzzle pieces on a 5x5 board. That's like playing a static puzzle game with a unicoloured area with the size of 2/3 of the total area.

Not very fun, but not undoable.

lrcXjeK.png AcY2OEo.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Not very fun, but not undoable.

Nobody's arguing that these are impossible. In fact they are fairly simple/easy. The 'difficulty' comes from the fact that you need to screencap several times and play mix and match. If this is intended, then the devs are failing hard at providing real challenge and engaging gameplay, if it's unintended they're doing even worse.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hastur said:

For what it's worth, I benefited from the reset & Ryo compensation without having posted a bug report.  I DID have a "stuck" piece on the 2nd or 3rd stage where I had to move a good piece back & forth in order to place the final one, so presumably Kinkoid checked their database.

I think the compensation was close enough to cover the moves I'd need to get back to where I left off, but it wasn't like I memorized how many moves I had taken on the flower puzzle.  Hard to tell as I wasn't in-game most of the day.

EDIT: I hope that others who were plagued by these issues have been compensated as well.  For my part, I plan to try to finish the event so maybe I'll be a few Ryos ahead... or maybe not (I started the event late to begin with).  I don't think the compensation was too much in my favor, unless I simply decided to abandon the event altogether & keep the reward.  And as for the "double" rewards within the event itself (kinkpoints, affection, Ryos)- I'd say that those help offset some of my frustrations earlier without being unfair to others.  It was a goodwill gesture that I appreciated, without being grossly unfair (like simply giving us a girl).

Oh, good -- I'm glad to hear they seem to have had a way to take care of things for people who had the issue but didn't report it.  I'm realizing, too, that they doled out more ryos than were lost to the rest, so that's cool, too.  And I didn't even notice until you mentioned it that they had increased the rewards.

18 hours ago, Just_To_Complain said:

Now this is the epitome of fun. 
image.thumb.png.15e034b0078df5f5673314dca6b3af61.png

Actually, I was worried about this the first time I saw a screencap of it.  But there's one way in which it's actually better than previous events: the smaller symbol means there aren't any pieces that are just black almost all of the time.  In previous events, the corners were really hard to figure out, since the image almost never entered them.  In this one, if you wait long enough, you see it pass into every piece in the puzzle fairly regularly.

6 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

Nobody's arguing that these are impossible. In fact they are fairly simple/easy. The 'difficulty' comes from the fact that you need to screencap several times and play mix and match. If this is intended, then the devs are failing hard at providing real challenge and engaging gameplay, if it's unintended they're doing even worse.

I can't agree with you, there, but then, I've never gone in for the screencap method on these puzzles.  With this puzzle, it turns out to be all about patience, as you wait to see the shape pass into what seems to be a side or corner piece.  At that point, when I see it bounce off the side of a piece, I start pairing that up with others that might be adjacent to it, until I find what can only be all of the pieces on one side (actually, usually the top or bottom, which I'm counting as "sides").  If need be, I keep track in a spreadsheet.  Knock wood: using this method, I've never made a mistake in all of the puzzle events so far.  Since it becomes a game of patience and deduction, I think of it as being less "hard" and more challenging.  And to me, at least, the waiting and the making of potential matches and patterns is quite engaging.  But from what I can tell from these forums, I'm weird in that I quite enjoy the puzzle events.

Still wish they had hentai images, though.  Just think of the things they could put on that phone screen, rather than a cloudy heart....

2 hours ago, Falco82 said:

I do screenshots to be sure but, both acting in this way and not doing it, this event is 1000000000 times better and more fun than the last one based on clicks.

Case closed.

Saying an event is better than the worst ingame event, doesn't make it good. The fact that you're thinking this is acceptable is exactly why they do it:  Everyone was complaining about lackluster puzzle events, then they give us horrible click event, and now nobody cares about how poor the puzzle events are. Next time when they will give us an even worse event, you'll be asking for the shitty click event back. Bad content shouldn't be accepted, even if there's something worse.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Oh, wow, that looks really interesting!  Not what I expected.  I figured there's be a bunch of empty pieces making it difficult to figure out where to put them.  I didn't expect to see a bunch of pieces with similar images in them like that.  And thanks, @FinderKeeper, for pointing out that important bit, and especially for making and posting that .gif!  I think the key to this one will be matching up pieces side-by-side in the "staging area" before beginning to place them.

@LanceHardwood, I understand where you're coming from.  But as I said, I actually LIKE the puzzle events, and not in comparison to other events, but rather for their own merits.  Perhaps we can consider that there is good and bad to all of the events.  For instance, I do have certain problems with this event.  I think the clock should start when the player makes their first move, for instance.  And related to that, I don't really appreciate that I will have to spend ryos to finish the event early because of when it will end in my time zone (one suggests a solution to the other).  And as I've said before, I really think they should use hentai images.  But even though I do like them despite these issues, and I enjoy the gameplay, especially this time around, I can understand that if you just can't find anything to like about them, that would be a thing, too.

Edited by EdMuse
  • Like 1

BTW, what I like about the click events is that they remind me of what it was like to play this game at the beginning, before I had all of the powerful stuff I have, now.  On the flip-side, I didn't like the difficulty level of that last one.  Something to like and dislike about every in-game thing.  Personally, I just rage-quit another game yesterday because the stuff I disliked about it had begun to dominate the gameplay, way outpacing the stuff I liked.  So I get it.

• Like 2

Grrr...  Then there's the fact that the event is still broken!

Level 8 complete, but not advancing to level 9.  All pieces properly placed.  Notice that the bottom left corner, while properly placed, seems to be off by a tiny bit.

image.thumb.png.85902e837c270786003197077b23c221.png

ETA: Reloaded the page, and it ejected that lower left corner piece back to the staging area, even though it has been in place for about ten moves, now.  At least that will only cost me one move.

ETA^2: Yup, as soon as I got another move to use, I was able to place that piece again and advance to the next puzzle.  Still lost a move, of course.

Edited by EdMuse
Additional information

Stage 9 done and first 3 pieces correctly placed for stage 10. I actually feel this puzzle was worse than the clicker we just had. Between the bugs and the massive amount of blank space in 5 out of the 10 puzzles it seems they are really forcing people pull out their credit cards.

puzzle 10.jpg

Edited by Lincoln

3 hours ago, Lincoln said:

Stage 9 done and first 3 pieces correctly placed for stage 10. I actually feel this puzzle was worse than the clicker we just had. Between the bugs and the massive amount of blank space in 5 out of the 10 puzzles it seems they are really forcing people pull out their credit cards.

(2 pieces of last lvl done atm) even this puzzle is far better than previous clicker event

if you make a mistake or get bugged (none of which happened to me so far in any puzzle event except for sleeping in), you have to buy moves to finish it, yes. 

But you CAN do this event by logging in twice a day and playing for a couple of minutes and that beats days of clicking/upgrading/resetting and I find that more important

First piece takes me about 3-5 minutes: I go through all the pieces and look for the top left corner, hover the mouse over best candidate so far and compare the current piece with it
Fortunately the shape goes through all the pieces, it just may take some time and many bounces

Every other piece takes less than 1 minute (average is 15 seconds): pick one that seems closest to already placed, hover it for a while to confirm and then drop. So far I had to re-evaluate position after hovering on 3 pieces

Edited by limpo
  • Like 3

I had bug on first stage (lost 2 moves) and will finish event in time anyway cause we get 10moves more than needed anyway(know that from previous 2 events). Still would love reset and more hearts to progress grils faster. 

I also cant see achievements last few days and if game wont soon give higher lvls what is is even the point? New girl have nice boosts which would sure help gaining 200+ lvls if we didnt have lvls capped.