Storyline getting... sad and dark

DogCesar

I'll be quick.

Is it me or the Digisekai storyline is getting dark and sad?

Even the Splatters Archipielago caught me off guard, I mean, I never thought the subject of physical harm to death would be presented here.

NOTICE: No, no no, I'm no getting offended or triggered or any of that PC bull... OK, let's be clear.

The overall game is cool, really cool, is just that... I mean... I came here to have fun and fap, as anyone else, right? But, those to worlds have quite serious stuff going on... so no fapping there so easily as the other worlds.

I mean... I'm not asking for a happy ending for everyone but an idea came to mind, please bear with me... what about side missions to make the end story more "cheerful"? Yes, I know I'm asking for vanilla endings for everyone, and it is stupid... but why not?

EDIT Aug 21 2020:

After almost finishing Digisekai, I came to a realization... All the villains, from all the worlds, I wonder (specially in the Digisekai) if in the end (if the game ever ends) there would be some way, somehow to make a truce. I mean, if you see the story, the Hero would become like an initiator of peace between all the worlds. That would be something really nice to see. Even if it is a side story. Probably just to keep the competitive part of it, make it more like friendly matches between good and evil. Got to admit, the story is GOOD, I mean really good. But being me a stupid pacifist, I just would like everyone to get along, and specially the Hero having sex with all those bad ladies... that would be really nice (Finalmecia... I see you...)

/EDIT

Edited by DogCesar

It's odd, due to the fact that a group of people became gods, had decided on a plan, and then one of them clearly went rogue to get what they want. And while I love some aspects (Ataria!), some just seem like there were different people involved at different points, and things aren't well sorted out.

Archipelago at least made sense, and had a path that progressed to a conclusion. This has had some issues, but it may become clearer in the end. The villain(s) aren't necessarily clear as far as I've gotten, but one seems pretty obvious to me.

> I never thought the subject of physical harm to death would be presented here

IMO this is what made it extreme...or even noteworthy.  I think the characters reactions were the same.

This is also why I like it.

In many games, vanilla story is OK for a while but as you get more powerful you face more powerful foes.

I think the story mirrors that excellently.

I haven't gotten to Digi yet (near the end of Splatter) but the MC already did die. In a very silly way, but it happened. Even if Digi is treating things more seriously at least for him it has been shown things can work out.

If nothing else more adventures in the afterlife for a bit.

I'm enjoying the story so far for Digi. With Spallter, we started to get a better view of the world-building part of the game's story arc (with Jackson only being hinted at way way back in July Sea). With Digi we're getting not only history but forebodings of things to come.