Are we getting a Reset?

SpinelesS

Just got a popup in game, glanced at the information the link went to, and what was shown was a completely different game...

Are we soon to get a reset? Curious to see if I'm wasting my time putting in all this effort to upgrade my girls etc.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The test server didn't have girls/perks wiped when this was launched there. They've said they don't plan to wipe that. They're unsure of what other things will be retained though.

36 minutes ago, fred35 said:

Don't tell me that my progression will be erased in hentai clicker to be able to play super hentai clicker 

Relax. Even though i am not 100% sure myself, why would they erase girls, especially if someone got them with bought ryos?

The update looks very promising, but what i hope for is they look also into balancing the girls themselves. Relying on one girl only (Felicia) in high stages is not very fun.

11 hours ago, rty said:

Not really sure what the point of resetting for skillpoints would actually do for players who already reach max level by just letting the game run idle for a few minutes.

That's the boat I've been in for months and there was no mention of a level increase with this big update.

3 hours ago, SpinelesS said:

That Progress, Crafts & Mojo reset on transcend sounds painful, hopefully skill points are worth that hassle...

i hope it is at least optional,

i hope transcend is optional to play, i dont wanna lose progress or stuff, dont wanna lose what ive done so far
a story mode sounds fun

but  transcend is gonna hurt

I think it would be highly unlikely that you would lose anything that you have gained in the game or at least if you did that you would be compensated with something of equal value. The last thing they would want is a mass exodus because players felt they had wasted there time investing in playing the game. In my experience of other games by Hooligapps, Nutaku and Kinkoid the player usually end up in a better position than they were in FAP titans for example when they changed from shards to treasure chests long time players instantly got a massive boost. And obviously there's always the potential you may well find a glitch or bug that's to your benefit at least until they fix them. My only concern is will it still feel like the same game or will it feel just too much like Hentai Heros or any number of similar type games, the last thing I want is a overcomplicated mass time consuming game where I have to spend 10 hours every day playing to make even the most minimal progress.

In my opinion this sounds like a great thing.
It's a bit weird to now have different degrees of reset. Soft and hard I guess. Although hard usually refers to a full reset in other games.
It would be extremely unlikely for the devs to invalidate months and months of progress with affection- and kink points, so I wouldn't worry about that. It would certainly have a very large impact on the community if they would.

I'm a little worried about the contacts though.
The first thing I did when the contacts revamp happened that introduced the kink points was putting everything in the contacts that granted harem level after reset. To give myself a little afk time after each reset.
This would mean that if the contacts aren't locked on the hard reset I would start off with a minimum lvl of 6750. Which would give me a massive craft bonus to start off with, removing a large part of the challenge of restarting.
But I feel like my massive idle bonuses + reward bonuses will already remove the challenge anyway, but I suppose that could be fixed by simply extending the stage cap.

I'm not at all worried about the craft reset.
Currently I'm spending dozens of stage max resets worth of mojo on an upgrade that has no noticeable effects whatsoever. And when the stage cap finally gets extended the amounts of mojo that will be gained at the new stage cap will boost you through your old craft progress in mere moments anyway.

On another note I have invested a lot of affection points in click combos.
I'll finally get a chance now to see them have an effect instead of having every single combo-less click instantly taking me to the next stage anyway. Should be satisfying in a way.

Le 09/07/2020 à 13:05, GeorgeMTO a dit :

The test server didn't have girls/perks wiped when this was launched there. They've said they don't plan to wipe that. They're unsure of what other things will be retained though.

Will they wipe ryos/kobans? Ive been saving for months waiting they add new stuff

IMO, from what I have read (correct me if I am wrong) They are going to split the game into "stages", each stage you get to bring 5? girls.

Now it sounds to me that they will make clicker a lot more like the Heroes game. So instead of waiting for "stamina" each day, you instead try to overcome each stage by bringing the best team for the job. I think they will make some stages heavy on diffrent opponent, hence bringing relevance to other girls then just felicia, but that is just speculations. I belive the girls most of us have already collected, will more or less be the rewards for the first few stages, but I am only guessing.

I also speculate that they couldn't fix the problem they had in the first place, the one where the whole game crashed when it got to above a certain level, hence the big rework. They won't need to fix the problem if they can make it a game mechanic to reset everything more often. The problem however remains, the game is about power creep, each and every "addon" be it a girl, a craft, a perk or what ever, everything makes you stronger. Sooner or later you are gona reach the same point again. Perhaps this is all to buy time to fix the real issue, who knows...

We will have to see what they bring, perhaps this time around they will let the game stay in beta a bit longer so they can test it out, so the whole thing doesn't stop working after a few months of playing.

As for what else is to come, we will have to wait for the playtest to come around... heard there was a playtest-version/server but I can't find the link to it anywhere...

I for one hope that they will lose the damn puzzle event that no one likes, or at least make not be a horrible bug ridden, slow going, turn-off that it is/has been.

Edited by DuoIz