Heatwave didn't appear until today...

I've been playing the game daily, but the Heatwave event didn't appear until today.

It's telling me I have 18 hours left and didn't credit me for the first four of my Daily Missions today...

Does that mean I'm stuck, unable to advance, until the entire event is over?

If so, that it total horse$#!t.

• Sad 1

From Patch Notes Week 30:

Additional info of Path of Attraction Heatwave  event

• As part of recent changes, players who haven't unlocked champions will not be able to participate in PoA until they do. 

You just recently started the game so some of the game's features are not yet accessible for you. This event - Path of Attraction(PoA) named "Heatwave" requires heavy participation in some of those features, namely "Champions", where you have to perform battles. This feature is available for players who have at least 10 girls in their Harem and finished the 5th quest at the Ninja Village. You wasn't able to participate in this event until you have unlocked it. So, I guess, the event appeared right after you unlocked "Champions". 

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

That sucks. I saw the event pop up and immediately spent the Kobans to unlock the extra awards, thinking I would have the time/ability to finish the various challenges.... Dumb me, I guess.

Thanks for clarifying how the event got unlocked.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, The Ratchet said:

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.

That sucks. I saw the event pop up and immediately spent the Kobans to unlock the extra awards, thinking I would have the time/ability to finish the various challenges.... Dumb me, I guess.

Thanks for clarifying how the event got unlocked.

That sucks man!

As a new player try to browse forum a little bit, maybe ask some questions here and there. It's hard at the beginning to understand what is a good thing to do here and what is not. There was a good guide made by Chthugha (link below), but it's a little bit outdated now. Maybe that will help you. There's also a lot of information on the game's wiki.

17 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Yeah, you took a hard lesson,

better ask first and act later.

I don't really think he's the one to blame ... those event should be for everyone regarless of the level ,7400 kobam is kinda huge for a new players , i really feel bad for him (probly put some real cash for that ...) kinkaid should do something about that because he can't even finish the first tier cause of the quest he finished before the start of the event ...

feels bad sorry The Ratchet , i hope you will still enjoy the game and keep playing !

1 minute ago, [THH]Masturos said:

I don't really think he's the one to blame ... those event should be for everyone regarless of the level ,7400 kobam is kinda huge for a new players , i really feel bad for him (probly put some real cash for that ...) kinkaid should do something about that because he can't even finish the first tier cause of the quest he finished before the start of the event ...

feels bad sorry The Ratchet , i hope you will still enjoy the game and keep playing !

He's to blame for the fact that he put 7200 kobans in immediately, without knowing what was happening.
You can't blame anybody else for that.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

He's to blame for the fact that he put 7200 kobans in immediately, without knowing what was happening.
You can't blame anybody else for that.

okais , you can see it like that but i really dont ! you are a great player and i wont argue with you but we dont see that mather eyes to eyes.

(what i mean by that is , he shouldn't have seen the event if he couldn't even do the first tier ... i know he didn't check it up before doing so but still , i really think it's a hard lecon to take for a new players. If that would hapen to me i would be piss as **** and wouldn't play the game annymore (yea i have a bad temper))

it's true that it wouldn't have happen to me because i read everything before doing something but i'm piss off for him xD to much empathic

Edited by [THH]Masturos

In Dutch we have a saying "wie niet nadenkt moet zijn benen gebruiken", which literally translates to "who doesn't think, has to use his legs". Meaning that if you don't use your brain and act on impulse, you'll be using way too much of something else. So either you have to walk more than needed (quite literal meaning of the saying), or you pay more than needed, etc.
I'm quite down to Earth. You can't blame anybody else than yourself, if you make a mistake based on impulse.

• Thinking 1

I appreciate both perspectives.

A) It's my fault for jumping in too fast with my cash. I saw the event open up, saw that there was a ton to get done, and that by spending real money I could unlock more rewards. It's on me that I spent the money. It hurts, yes. But I wouldn't have spent it if it wasn't okay to spend (or totally waste in this case).

B) I do hold the dev accountable, as well, though. We shouldn't have to dig through forums to understand what's going on with an event ESPECIALLY if the event isn't even doable since it was only opened to me at the very end of its available window. This game isn't really that complicated, and there are plenty of other games out there that do a much better job of explaining how things work (like in special events, for example)

The lessons for me are these:

- Don't spend money on a game where things are not crystal clear

- Think before acting

Edited by The Ratchet
  • Like 1

I mean, it sucks that you got blocked on the very first event task through no fault of your own, but how many tasks did you expect to be getting through with less than a day to go when you decided to spend the 7200 kobans? 7 would have been possible with reasonable (but non-zero) additional koban spending, so you weren't going to get any girls out of it either way.

Edited by _shal_

Yeah, that was a major oversight on my part.

I didn't realize that I had such a small window to get everything done (again, my fault for not understanding that I had such a small window).

I thought that I had 18 hours to complete the Daily Missions, which would have been doable had I not received zero credit for four of the Dailies.

Based on how and when the event popped up for me, my thought was that there was a timer for each part of the event. I didn't realize that the entire thing was closing in 18 hours.

Ah, well. It's not the first, last, or dumbest mistake I've ever made. It's not likely I'll spend any more money on the game. That took the wind out of my sails.

As you said you started playing only a few days ago, so allow me to give you another advice: new players in this game tend to be misleaded about the true nature of the game by the fact that the lower experience levels are climbed quickly: point is, the best thing is remember always that the game mechanics make HH a game of patience, where a player may need more than one year to obtain certain girls (in the case of some girls, even more time). This may change deeply (also in function of the unpredictable game RNG) if the player has a good strategy to spend his kobans, but unless one becomes a paying player, a rule stays always valid: it is impossible to get all girls the first time one sees them with only the free kobans given by the game. Free players making an exception to this rule are more unique than rare, and have for sure benefited by good shares of high luck during their game experience.

If this did not discouraged you from continuing, welcome aboard, and I hope for you a way better luck for the future. Else, sorry for your game experience.

Not discouraged at all. I reacted poorly in a situation I clearly didn't understand, and I got bit for it. It's a good reminder not jump in too fast in new games.

I won't spend much more in the game (if any more), mostly since I play a lot of other games and spend a bit elsewhere.

My original intent in participating in HH was for it be a humorous adventure. I'll just keep pursuing it as such and avoid wasteful actions (like blowing 7200 kobans on nothing).

Thanks for the advice and the warm welcome!

I appreciate all of the feedback in the chat. You're a good bunch that can provide positive help without flaming a newbie.

Edited by The Ratchet

• Darsca locked this topic