Legendary Contests 2: Elecrtic Bogaloo

Čamuga

Legendary Contests 2 feedback  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Legendary Contests 2?

2. 2. Do you want this event to come back in the way it was this time?

3. 3. Did you get the girl?

• No, and I didn't even try
    • No and I tried
    • Yes

Round 2 for feedback for Legendary Contests. 
All of my criticisms from the last thread would still apply, so to avoid just repeating myself, I will add a new point(s) and everything that's in the other thread can count as arguments in here too (except contest notifications because they FINALLY got around to somewhat solving those).

Technical difficulties. Jesus fuckin Christ, the lag was insane. The event made the entire game be unplayable for hours, contests not going out to everyone, contests going out late all together, people not getting points for actions in contests... on a technical level your game cannot handle this event KK, please stop.

Leave your thoughts below because I'm struggling to come up with stuff that I haven't already said before. Event was shit, it's still shit, hate it, please never do it again.

Edited by Čamuga
  • Like 1

To be fair, over here, I think the MAJOR lag issue was only on the first day and the MAJOR technical problems were just on the second day (I might be mixing the days up :S ).

As for the event type, it can be quite intense, definitely awfully-over-expensive (sometimes and depending on the opposition) and over-demanding but the main issue, I think, is still that it pretty much doesn't consider the "going-after-the-girls" goal... with the (expected) PoA next, it'll be about half a month without actually "playing" the (main) game (while depleting considerable resources). 

• Like 3

So here are my two cents. I am totally fine with hiding girls behind RNG drops and missions with steady and guaranteed progress (such as PoA which i am a big fan of).

Hiding girls behind competitive events where we are forced to play against whales and/or people that save up items for a year is downright sinister as it only promotes this idea that "the only acceptable way of playing is paying". This is also made worse by the scarcity (not everyone can get a girl) and the lag.

All in all i hope KK reconsiders pushing this competitiveness envelope to other parts of the game as i really enjoy playing Hentai Heroes. Tower of Fame and Weekly/Global Leaderboards ought to be enough. I definitely don't look forward to seeing this type of event ever again, at least in this form.

Edited by Albert80082
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

It might actually be the goal to drain resources 🤔 People have beem complaining that they cannot use their resources.

See that's what I thought, but then I realized that PoA and LC just encourage more and more and more hoarding! As of 2nd PoA I started hoarding champion tickets, which I didnt use to do. As of the Arena change, I started hoarding all items so I can sell them (which only helps now with the sell items contests), LC made me hoard books for months which I used to sometimes use whenever I wanted/for the regular contest. It's kinda funny, but it's a problem of their own making, that's getting worse with their planned solutions 🤣 (assuming that this was the main goal of the event ofc)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

It might actually be the goal to drain resources 🤔 People have beem complaining that they cannot use their resources.

That's quite ok. After all, resources are meant to be used/spent.

The thing is... in a "normal" event, you use (basically) one resource (combativity, and then kobans if you want to) to get/go after (several) girls.

On this kind of event, you spend pretty much all (or at least, almost that) resources to get one girl (and sometimes, you have to spend really big, if you're willing to).

It's unbalanced (even considering it's a 5-star leg), IMO.

Aditionally, it stalls the progress on any other girls, since you (or at least, me lol) just don't spend any (extra) combativity, unless there's some sort of extra reason for it (specific contests and such).

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Karyia said:

The thing is... in a "normal" event, you use (basically) one resource (combativity, and then kobans if you want to) to get/go after (several) girls.

On this kind of event, you spend pretty much all (or at least, almost that) resources to get one girl (and sometimes, you have to spend really big, if you're willing to).

It's unbalanced (even considering it's a 5-star leg), IMO.

Aditionally, it stalls the progress on any other girls, since you (or at least, me lol) just don't spend any (extra) combativity, unless there's some sort of extra reason for it (specific contests and such).

I won Bellona on day 3, primarily with battling villains.

Again the forum is full of moaning c*fts. They have managed to remove events from HC and are now gunning for the removal of them for HH. So what if people who play to pay have an advantage, do you think they pay to subsidise FTP? So it is unfair that long term players have an advantage? Well the game will rapidly lose them and the payers without new content and the game will die as quickly as HC has. Let's face it is relatively easy to get the girl, the "whales" will get her 1st day; long timers say on day 2, leaving 2 more days for everyone else. There were 1075 shards available for 4 days = 4300, 4300 split between 50 players is 86, that is the average, if you can't get to 100 well tough, try again next time. The moaning c**ts should f*ck off and play cunt wars against the players with 100 dollar pets, and see what a real play to win game looks like. 

• Thinking 6

I got the girl on day one, so to me, the event seemed to go from awesome to pathetic. The game appears to have changed its focus on forcing a player to use everything they have, so there is nothing left when a dreaded PoA event happens, which is not fun, just annoying as hell.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Karyia said:

A valid viewpoint, certainly.  Unfortunately, one thing this event -- actually, this series of four events -- showed was that if you think that way, you won't have enough resources to win when the time comes that you need them.  I'm a long-term player, and I tend to hoard resources to use in events, but I was so drained of resources by LC2 that I only got half-way to getting the girl.  I'm a ftp, but I'm the last one to begrudge the devs of a way to make a living.  That said, the only way I figure I could have done better would have been to spend money on the game -- and that's the definition of PTW.  If the devs don't want the game to be seen as a PTW game, they shouldn't create events that give that impression.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMCr said:

Again the forum is full of moaning c*fts. They have managed to remove events from HC and are now gunning for the removal of them for HH. So what if people who play to pay have an advantage, do you think they pay to subsidise FTP? So it is unfair that long term players have an advantage? Well the game will rapidly lose them and the payers without new content and the game will die as quickly as HC has. Let's face it is relatively easy to get the girl, the "whales" will get her 1st day; long timers say on day 2, leaving 2 more days for everyone else. There were 1075 shards available for 4 days = 4300, 4300 split between 50 players is 86, that is the average, if you can't get to 100 well tough, try again next time. The moaning c**ts should f*ck off and play cunt wars against the players with 100 dollar pets, and see what a real play to win game looks like. 

1. Don't you feel that game already has plenty of monetization options put into it and ways that push you towards them? You have subscription, 3 types of pachinkos, daily packs with increased value, time skips etc.

2. You don't have to pick one group of players to prefer and screw the others when making an event. There can be events that are good for both starting players and veterans. Classic villain girl events are a good example in my opinion. You can put new girls on starting adventure villains and the recycled ones on the rest.

3. This is just a one tiny detail but splitting 4300 shards evenly will almost never happen. There are plenty of screenshots of players managing to get 125 (and you can also end up getting 150/175), thus wasting some shards and leaving less for the rest. Also, good luck next time? When do you expect to see the girl again? 2 years down the line?

4. Did you really just try to justify event in this game by pointing out that worse games exist?

Edited by Albert80082
  • Like 4

@EdMuse, don't get me wrong.

I'm also ftp and strive to be a long-term player (and an efficient one, as best I can).

I just meant to say that, in the end, we collect resources to spend them.

IMO, both LCs and PoAs are more competitive-oriented events, which lead to more spending, one way or another (as long as you're willing to do it). In fairness, there are some contests/instances where you can actually complete/get whatever you doing somewhat easily (though I would say those are more rare).

I would say that both those events (LCs and PoAs) would be more "reasonable/acceptable", if you also add "some" (even if only a couple, depending on the time frame) girls on villains, like the other events (at least you have the "usual" girls to get, I guess). 

I remember ending the first PoA rather quickly and being almost a week waiting for something else to happen (for example).

Interesting how the poll above has panned out compared to the official one conducted in July with a much more representative sample size. Yet still 90% got the girl.

Bizarre that people are complaining about burning resources, yet still can't manage to hit exactly 100 shards, why waste resources getting 125, 150 or 175? If that is your concern of the event. 

Yes there will be another chance to get more shards and the girl, maybe 1 year or maybe 2 so is it really worth such a moan?

Since the introduction of legendary 5* girls, this game has been about managing resources and working out which ones are worth going for, (or paying to get them all) this event is no different. If you don't like an event don't do it. Don't moan and insist on the removal of events, that is what has happened on Hentai Clicker and that game is dead. 

Hopefully the devs will ignore the views of the 32 here and listen to 1000s on their official poll. 

1 hour ago, MMCr said:

Interesting how the poll above has panned out compared to the official one conducted in July with a much more representative sample size. Yet still 90% got the girl.

Bizarre that people are complaining about burning resources, yet still can't manage to hit exactly 100 shards, why waste resources getting 125, 150 or 175? If that is your concern of the event. 

Yes there will be another chance to get more shards and the girl, maybe 1 year or maybe 2 so is it really worth such a moan?

Since the introduction of legendary 5* girls, this game has been about managing resources and working out which ones are worth going for, (or paying to get them all) this event is no different. If you don't like an event don't do it. Don't moan and insist on the removal of events, that is what has happened on Hentai Clicker and that game is dead. 

Hopefully the devs will ignore the views of the 32 here and listen to 1000s on their official poll. 

Yeah because their polls are so magnificently accurate, where their metric for the lowest grade of "Do you like the event" is "I dont care"
Why do people complain about the event even if they got the girl? Maybe because the event is fundamentally unfair and your performance leads to someone else not doing well? Maybe because the format itself is bad and hinges on mega-hoarding? Because it encourages you to play bad throughout the game and then go all out for a 4 day period for a 5 star legendary that's a huge upgrade for PvP- Leagues, which bring more rewards, thus making a good performance in this event a necessity? Maybe because the event demands a much bigger time and nerve investment than any other event?

Nah, those couldn't POSSIBLY be it, we're all just whining and complaining for no reason!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Čamuga said:

Yeah because their polls are so magnificently accurate, where their metric for the lowest grade of "Do you like the event" is "I dont care"
Why do people complain about the event even if they got the girl? Maybe because the event is fundamentally unfair and your performance leads to someone else not doing well? Maybe because the format itself is bad and hinges on mega-hoarding? Because it encourages you to play bad throughout the game and then go all out for a 4 day period for a 5 star legendary that's a huge upgrade for PvP- Leagues, which bring more rewards, thus making a good performance in this event a necessity? Maybe because the event demands a much bigger time and nerve investment than any other event?

Nah, those couldn't POSSIBLY be it, we're all just whining and complaining for no reason!

No, not all. Just you 😂

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

No, not all. Just you 😂

No, not only him. He just have enough energy to repeat it at every opportunity. There's plenty of people who said the same thing after the first Legendary Contests and some before the first Legendary Contests even started because of the core principle of this event. "Here, we threw few shards for a new girl. Now players, fight for it!" is drastically different from their usual "Here's the new girl. Everyone can get her!" .

And, just to remind you or anyone else in order to not repeat it again, we talked about it. We disagree that fighting players for resources and for the girl is different. I think that fighting for resources is different, because there're few ways to spend those resources. On the other hand, you always assume the optimal route and draw a direct line between resources and girls. Same about sniping - it's a thing in both these contests and fighting for resources. Different opinions, both reasonable (imho), nothing to add here.

If I misunderstood and that was just a poke at Čamuga for exactly "repeating it at every opportunity" then disregard it.