Picking a Team for Season

Runnerup

I've recently returned to the game and am wondering which girls would be best for a Charm player.

I've got Fanny/Fiona, HImari and Ombresse as my go to team at the moment, but was wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the line-up apart from waiting for Filya to reappear?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:06 AM, Runnerup said:

Since switching to season, I have a hard time seeing the changes to my stats when trying to pick the best girls for my team. Is there an easy way to do this? Any advice for which girls to place in each spot?

Season battles work exactly the same as League battles, or as Arena battles used to work (and villain fights, and so on). Mechanically, there is no difference. Your best 3-girl team, along with your equipment and booster setup should remain the same.

As for general advice for which girls to place in each spot, the wiki and tons of past threads here are your friends. It's not rocket science, though. Under most circumstances, use your strongest girl as the Alpha, and two other strong girls as Beta and Omega.

2 hours ago, Alkazord said:

I've got Fanny/Fiona, HImari and Ombresse as my go to team at the moment, but was wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the line-up apart from waiting for Filya to reappear?

Do you mean to say that you don't have Shturpa yet? If not, getting her should be a priority. You might also consider saving up 15-20k kobans for the upcoming Mythic girl of your class if you can. Last but not least, if the team you've listed above is in descending order, then you're doing it wrong. F&F should absolutely not be your Alpha over the other two.

9 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Season battles work exactly the same as League battles, or as Arena battles used to work (and villain fights, and so on). Mechanically, there is no difference. Your best 3-girl team, along with your equipment and booster setup should remain the same.

As for general advice for which girls to place in each spot, the wiki and tons of past threads here are your friends. It's not rocket science, though. Under most circumstances, use your strongest girl as the Alpha, and two other strong girls as Beta and Omega.

Do you mean to say that you don't have Shturpa yet? If not, getting her should be a priority. You might also consider saving up 15-20k kobans for the upcoming Mythic girl of your class if you can. Last but not least, if the team you've listed above is in descending order, then you're doing it wrong. F&F should absolutely not be your Alpha over the other two.

Thanks for the input.

Yes, I'm still trying to get Shturpa, it's proving a pain and I didn't get to that champion before I quit 2 years ago.

FF is my alpha because she's 4 stars, the other two are still only at 3 stars.

I'm asking because while in leagues I have no problem beating opponents and maintaning top 2 (still low in leagues), seasons are proving hard ,with opponents having over 30k health over me and better stats at least 60% of the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Okay, you have a lot more catching up to do than your initial message suggested, then. Good luck!

Indeed, I was active but not THAT active.

Still, I managed to get the current girl in the contest, so I'm on to a good start. Here's hoping Filya will be back sometime in the first two quarters of 2021 :)

14 hours ago, Alkazord said:

Indeed, I was active but not THAT active.

There is that, but also your approach. Having even one legendary actually at 5 stars would be infinitely more useful than having multiple ones only partially upgraded. No wonder you're struggling in PvP fights with a lineup that's barely stronger than your typical early-game 5-star commons. I have no idea what you mean by "top 2", but if you're winning in league with that, it means you're in such low divisions that it doesn't matter. Arena vs Seasons isn't the issue, it's how you play the PvP parts of the game.

Here's hoping you improve on that, not just in 2021, but right now. Here's a tip to nudge you in the right direction: save up all of your affection items, cash and books to get Himari up to 5 stars and your current level ASAP, and make her your alpha. Don't invest anymore on F&F or even Ombresse until that's done. Of the 3 girls you have the power level goes Himari > Ombresse > F&F.

Again, good luck (and have fun). :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Having even one legendary actually at 5 stars would be infinitely more useful than having multiple ones only partially upgraded.

Can I piggyback here? I am new (started last tuesday, level 85 today, *almost* done with ninja village, got all tier I girls from troll and spy). Should I focus on Himari (my only 5-starrable legendary (the other two are Xmas Bunny Mama and Jordan)), even though I am staying as KH class?
So far, I am focusing on Agate and Red, and haven't even three-starred *them* yet.

10 minutes ago, Grnson said:

Can I piggyback here? I am new (started last tuesday, level 85 today, *almost* done with ninja village, got all tier I girls from troll and spy). Should I focus on Himari (my only 5-starrable legendary (the other two are Xmas Bunny Mama and Jordan)), even though I am staying as KH class?
So far, I am focusing on Agate and Red, and haven't even three-starred *them* yet.

in terms of leveling her up?

No. 

Wait for the next legendary 5star KH to level up - and even that is on your stage very expensive. Better max the 5star KH girls you have first. 

See costs e.g. here https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes/HH:Harem 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grnson said:

You shouldn't do any of that. Switch your class to HC. Focus on Bunny, as your alpha, then Ankyo and then Sheherazamond~. That's your winning team for the next 5-6 months at least. Don't spend affection on girls you don't need for your battle team until you have your cheap 5-star trio up and running. You can switch back to KH once you have at least Samane and Solveig (it'll cost you 600 kobans after the first class change, though, but it's really worth it; everybody should start HC to progress much faster, regardless of what class they eventually want to play). I wrote a guide of sorts on that way back when that's still pretty much relevant today.

Start caring about legendaries once you reach a point where it's no longer a massive struggle to even find the cash for your hero's base stats at every level up. Right now they cost more to upgrade and level up than you can or should afford.

Welcome to the game and the forum. Good luck, have fun!

Edited by DvDivXXX
added stuff
  • Thanks 1