Broken contest, no new event

TsoDuo

If you keep unclaimed a contest that is older than five days then you will not get new contests.

You will get new contests the day after you claim all contests older than five days.

The older contest is the top most one, so if you claim contest you should always do it from top to bottom, that is from older to newer.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jelom said:

If you keep unclaimed a contest that is older than five days then you will not get new contests.

You will get new contests the day after you claim all contests older than five days.

The older contest is the top most one, so if you claim contest you should always do it from top to bottom, that is from older to newer.

That's great news, did i just miss that, or never ran across the issue until now?

21 minutes ago, TsoDuo said:

That's great news, did i just miss that, or never ran across the issue until now?

You never ran across the issue until now.

They could add a message to the contests page explaining that. There would still be people who don't read, as always, but it would save some problems with some players.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TsoDuo said:

So, even keeping on contest will not get new contests, but i was receiving new contests until today. Why would one uncollected contest stop any further?

I apologise for not being more informative, you see when I read your original post I read the words:

7 hours ago, TsoDuo said:

I read the previous thread about how long you can keep your contests.

I took this to mean you were aware of how there was a limit about how LONG, not how many. I apologise for thinking that your words accurately described your situation.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I apologise for not being more informative, you see when I read your original post I read the words:

I took this to mean you were aware of how there was a limit about how LONG, not how many. I apologise for thinking that your words accurately described your situation.

I appreciate that. I misspoke... That is more accurate. That's why i was confused having only one... Really old one. Got it. Lame.

10 hours ago, TsoDuo said:

I misspoke... (...) i was confused (...) Lame.

Sums up this shitty thread.

1 hour ago, Arno@me.com said:

When you encounter getting no contest, you have to clear all closed contests, not only the oldest ones to get the next announced contest! 

Pretty sure that's wrong or even superstition on your end.

And @bits I removed your posts, but check my warning on your profile.

Alright, that's quite enough of that. The next thread that pops up in Bug Report for a feature working as intended (but not as the person imagined all by themselves) gets nuked on sight.

Have a great end of 2020, folks.