Club Champions - Some thoughts on possible tweaks

Grumolch

First, I really like the idea and implementation, but I've talked with a few people about their thoughts on the mechanics. Here are a few, and courteous discourse is welcomed.

1. It seems the stats on the Champion are a bit high for most Clubs. My Club of 31, mostly quite active, was able to defeat the Champion, but only a few could really do serious damage. While I understand that Clubs have an ability to be selective, I have to imagine that the test server was quite a bit more active in their efforts than the 'average' player. I like my Club. I like the members. I'd like to see the Champion scaled down a bit. Perhaps a slider Clubs could use to scale it (easy, medium, hard), which might affect the shard rewards.

2. I'd love to see the Contribution points go into Club Stats. That's the primary reward for each battle besides a bit of currency. Perhaps the Leader could choose which stat the Contribution Points from the Champion goes into.

3. Some clarity on how shard rewards are given. When the battle started, it said each participant might get 1-3, but this value changed during the course of the battle. Is this based on time remaining? If so, it doesn't give all members an equal opportunity to contribute due to time zone differences. Perhaps extending the timer from 24 hours to 48 would be more beneficial.

Again, I like that we can now work together within our respective Clubs on a common goal. But I do think a few tweaks would make it much more enjoyable for everyone.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grumolch said:

3. Some clarity on how shard rewards are given. When the battle started, it said each participant might get 1-3, but this value changed during the course of the battle. Is this based on time remaining? If so, it doesn't give all members an equal opportunity to contribute due to time zone differences. Perhaps extending the timer from 24 hours to 48 would be more beneficial.

This seems to be based on impression done. The more impression you do, the higher the possible shard dropp gets.

I think they should also raise the low end. Its kinda frustrating when you get 1-18 shard drops range and you get 1

• Thanks 1

Point 3. As far as i know, the shard range depends on two factors, one individual, how much impression you have done on the club champion with your battles, and one colective, how many members of the club have done at least one battle against the club champion. That way each member will have a different shard range.

• Thanks 1

I see no reason to extend the timer. Different members will contribute at different times, depending on their schedule and time zone. I suppose than can be bad if almost all members are in the same zone--they could win the battle before a later member has a chance to join and all he will see is the wait timer.

Mmh... since the first incarnation of 'Seasons' I have the impression that the Devs aren't really numbers guys. No offense meant. I mean, I like the basic idea (again) but the implementation seems just horrid (again) for everyone who isn't a high-level veteran player. Or in this case - players who aren't part of a big well-established club.

I guess they will tweak this thing in a way that it is enjoyable for almost everyone, just like they did with Seasons. But until then it's just eeeeurgh! and even a way to make clubs, at least clubs that can't compete because they are too small, clubs with big level gaps between the players or clubs with too many casual players, less fun! Which is the opposite of the intended effect as far as I can tell.

I like Grumolchs thoughts on this, but I think the main tweak will be about the harsh setback to 0 when the champion isn't defeated in 24h. That's the only way I can think of how the Devs can intervene without making it too easy for the monster clubs with 40 active veteran players while at the same time ensuring that everyone has a shot at the girls - even single players. It would just take them considerably longer.

Doesn't mean that there aren't any other tweaks that I'd like to see. Including some which were already mentioned. But the setbacks are my main point of critique for now. Although I have to admit that I haven't thought this through yet. But that's something I seem to have in common with the Devs. :P

Anyhow, I'm optimistic and I like the new feature very much. Even if it's slightly frustrating until the inevitable tweaks are applied.

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1