Club Champions - 2 Week Retrospective

omnijew

4 hours ago, Grumolch said:

Lots of good ideas here. This may be a little out of place, but I'm trying to find some data on the Champ Level and Tiers.

So what I'm gathering is that the Champs level is roughly one-half of your club level/club members (or half of the average level of your members).

At least that's been close to the case in our club. If there is a better formula or more accurate, please let me know.

Assuming that is true, is that the base Tier? Using the formula above, our Champ was level 134, which was exactly half of our average member level. 

So today, after defeating the Champ at level 134, the Champ level jumped to 144. A full ten levels. Is this the norm? Also, if we pass on the next ten Champs (which would not be ideal, as that brings us close to the end of the month), would that drop his level back down to 134? Or would it decrease by a random amount of levels. I've seen it fluctuate, going up a level or down a level, but I have not seen it jump 10 levels before. No significant changes to our membership. The average level is still 268.

I've searched around a bit in General and Suggestions. What I'm trying to find is a thread that has the best data on Champ levels and how they appear to operate. But I'll be happy to get feedback here, if this is a good place for it.

Thanks.

Yes, that's basically it. The champ is half the average level of your club on tier 0 and it increases 10 levels for every tier. If you lose 10 consecutives battles against him he loses a tier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Grumolch The base Champion level (Tier 0) IS exactly as you describe and as indicated by @Kenrae.  I'm 99% sure this is calculated at the time of his first appearance in a month & afterwards immediately after he's beaten & his cool down starts.

Depending upon how your club membership count and average member levels fluctuate, you may see a few levels gained/lost by the Champion between fights.  People joining, leaving & leveling up all affect the Champion base level to some extent.

Each unique Champion thus far has started at Tier 0, regardless of past performance on other Champions.  As we've yet to have a repeat Champion, I don't know if they'll resume at their previous tier the next time they return.

Like you, I find this thread has so much good information that this is the first place I look on the subject.

Hope this helps!

Edited by Hastur
  • Like 2