Club Champion Shard Nerf?

3 hours ago, jelom said:

The higher the number of participants the higher the shard range. Surely there was very few of your club mates participating this time.

I've just checked the Patch Notes for Club Champions and there isn't anything about the shard range being linked to how many members participate. Was there another note or explanation post somewhere else that mentions this ? Thanks for any help you can give.

2 hours ago, Incubys said:

I've just checked the Patch Notes for Club Champions and there isn't anything about the shard range being linked to how many members participate. Was there another note or explanation post somewhere else that mentions this ? Thanks for any help you can give.

that is determined by player observation - not by official statement. On test server section were some test runs published which indicated that.

Yet it is not the only parameter.

With "higher participants" is meant: let say you contribute 10% of total impression. Your shard range differs alone to the question how many other members contributed less then you. Is it 15 instead of 5 - your range increases!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Machabe said:

Sorry. How do i delete this something above?

I removed the post for you. Was it just because of the weird format that made your post painful to read? If so, I can copy-paste the text if you still wanted to say what you said in it:

Yes. Clearly something has been misrepresented.
In my Club I am the only one who "invests" in it. At around 30% I was 1-30, at the end at 96 +% I was still 1-30 and finally I got 2 pieces.

A few hundred kobans, over 100 tickets and 2 fragments?

As for me, setting the whole thing so that the level of input does not translate into what we get, definitely excludes this event.

Over 96% of the total and the profit is 2%.

And no, there was no stealth nerf as far as I know and can tell.

One simple advice I'll give you is: don't assume anything about this game's mechanics. Testing things out for yourself and staying curious can certainly help, but you also learn a lot more things and progress a lot faster if you search for available information.

There's a lot of information we do have, and you can check the main Club Champions discussion thread if you want to find out more than you seem to have by yourselves so far.

Oh and @Machabe "1-30" means "one number at random from 1 to 30". CC ranges have a fixed minimum of 1. You can have a 1-150 range and still get 1 shard. It's random. Don't give one random result a deeper meaning than it has (especially not one that borders on superstition or paranoia).

This champion is a bit weaker in terms of HP. There was no apparent nerf. It's probable that your team is going too fast in finishing him.

The same thing happened with my club. Normally we reach 30-35 participants in a 24-hour period. That's normal to last 24 hours because the previous champs were tougher it seems and we always try to pace ourselves to let more people joining in. That worked well in the past, you don't have to push and push tickets, just leaving time for others to join can increase your range significantly.

With this guy though, we lasted barely 9 hours although we tried to limit ourselves to a smaller number of individual tickets than we normally push. With one ticket I did 1% of the total damage (~about 4 million) and the champ had one matching pose on top of that.

Result is: 20 players only had the time to join in and of course our ranges were all crap (1-20) for about 5%-8 of total damage.

Your club should monitor this, leave time and space for each other is the best tactic for this particular champ from what I have observed up to now.

• Like 2

@Zamio Well, not just for this one. CC is very much a cooperative group feature all around. There are so many things that can go just right with a full and active club where people get along and communicate well, or horribly wrong in clubs that don't meet one or more of those criteria...

This one is much weaker (at least in his initial form) than the previous two. In our club, we noticed this as well. While we did finish the first run much quicker than we were used to with the previous two CCs, our strategy and result wasn't that less people contributed, but that we asked everyone to wait for the others and attack the CC fewer times than usual instead. Every active and cooperative member of the club ended up having their share. And I'm sure in other clubs the CC was basically killed in one shot by a couple of players without a word... This feature really shines a light on how much or how little your club members care for your club.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

@Zamio Well, not just for this one. CC is very much a cooperative group feature all around. There are so many things that can go just right with a full and active club where people get along and communicate well, or horribly wrong in clubs that don't meet one or more of those criteria...

This one is much weaker (at least in his initial form) than the previous two. In our club, we noticed this as well. While we did finish the first run much quicker than we were used to with the previous two CCs, our strategy and result wasn't that less people contributed, but that we asked everyone to wait for the others and attack the CC fewer times than usual instead. Every active and cooperative member of the club ended up having their share. And I'm sure in other clubs the CC was basically killed in one shot by a couple of players without a word... This feature really shines a light on how much or how little your club members care for your club.

Agree. Our club wasn't very coordinated for the first two champs. But that wasn't much of a problem at the initial stage, we had enough big hitters to help in later runs, and we just adjusted along the way, setting up runs according to each other's shards deficit.

I think what went wrong this time is everyone in our club assumed it would be as tough as the others. So a few of our members just went in with 10 tickets on their first go and ended up doing more than 5% just with that initial volley. Word is out now, and hopefully we will be more attentive and not shut out a significant portion of our members by being overzealous in the first week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, windia said:

that is determined by player observation - not by official statement. On test server section were some test runs published which indicated that.

Yet it is not the only parameter.

With "higher participants" is meant: let say you contribute 10% of total impression. Your shard range differs alone to the question how many other members contributed less then you. Is it 15 instead of 5 - your range increases!

Thank you so much for this clarification. Our first attempt was a bust when one member did 155 mil damage in about two hours, before most people had even joined in. And seems like someone re-set ours overnight (to me that is) so missed second one. I've posted link to this thread and asked them to give others time to join in, fingers crossed third time will be better.

• Like 2

When it comes to the strength of the Champion, our next one will be 50 mln stronger in terms of HP. Maybe the developers finally implemented Club Champion tiers?

EDIT: After some more discussion in-club I think it's just me being wrong about the HP, unfortunately.

Edited by Alkazord

2 hours ago, Incubys said:

Thank you so much for this clarification. Our first attempt was a bust when one member did 155 mil damage in about two hours, before most people had even joined in. And seems like someone re-set ours overnight (to me that is) so missed second one. I've posted link to this thread and asked them to give others time to join in, fingers crossed third time will be better.

yes, it is a pity that a decent number of players still need to realize that this is a real group activity (after paying for club level) instead of "playing your own pace". And that there is some "more then ego thinking" required to help each other to gather the club girl.

Fortunately there is also some kind of punishment when I do it alone - not only is there a huge koban investment, it also results in smaller shards.

Yet the club chat is only "better then nothing" in organizing such a group effort thingy. (the club leader can pin 1 important message at top of club).

so whoever throws in kobans - threw them in. real life might support or even require it - yet group thinking is no longer en vogue in our society anymore. 

Edited by windia
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, windia said:

yes, it is a pity that a decent number of players still need to realize that this is a real group activity (after paying for club level) instead of "playing your own pace". And that there is some "more then ego thinking" required to help each other to gather the club girl.

Fortunately there is also some kind of punishment when I do it alone - not only is there a huge koban investment, it also results in smaller shards.

Yet the club chat is only "better then nothing" in organizing such a group effort thingy. (the club leader can pin 1 important message at top of club).

so whoever throws in kobans - threw them in. real life might support or even require it - yet group thinking is no longer en vogue in our society anymore. 

It does seem to that some individuals don't think of the Guild. The guy that did 155 mill could have soloed it with 200 tickets, a couple that helped to finish it so we could re-set could each of soloed it with 100 tickets ! We did have a plan in place but it obviously wasn't taken into account. Hopefully with the information you've supplied which I've posted in CC will get members thinking that it is in their interest to slow down. Or maybe not. Time will tell.

• Like 1

@Alkazord Tiers are already in place, they have been from day one. It's just that we have yet to understand or notice what they do. You can see the CC's current tier next to their name and level on the top-left during a run. The default tier is 0. Our club hasn't seen it go beyond tier 1 yet, although at least one person from another club mentioned facing a tier 2 Ezekiel last month. Bottom line, no. The CC most likely just gained levels instead, as they tend to do after you beat them.

@Incubys The thing is, it's a test for the entire club, and depending on the mentality and dynamic within your club, it may or may not result in you guys getting to know and help each other out more, or it can also make it more apparent who cares and who doesn't. For many clubs, firing the more selfish members and/or getting some new blood in improves the situation (and the overall club experience) a lot, and that's enough. In a number of clubs, especially incomplete or partially inactive ones, it will instead make it evident that the club itself isn't functional enough as a group to tackle this collective challenge, and maybe the minority of members who do care and want to be in a friendlier and more cooperative environment will come to search for a better club instead.

Anyway, I think this thread's specific point has been addressed, and we're now discussing stuff that would be more at home in main Club Champions discussion thread instead. It's best to avoid duplicate threads so that the information and exchanges are centralized and more helpful, so let's switch to the main thread for further CC discussions, please.

• Like 1