New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items

Fiel

A very unfortunate change, especially for me since i just reached level 201. This means that i've started to finally see legendary gifts/books show up in the market, up to three or four. Having lots of Yemens this meant a lot to me. But since the introduction of mythic items, they have replaced most of my legendary gifts/books. Additionally, for a mid/lower level like me, most of the mythic items aren't worth purchasing right now. Hope to see some changes regarding this update.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2021 at 3:09 PM, Fiel said:

At the end of the day this game belongs to the developers

True statement. And I've seen lots of games die because devs skewed "their" game to the advantage of incumbents.  "Veteran wins."  The shell game is kept alive for a while, on the backs of players who are supplicants to that incumbency: "I'll spend my way to the top."  The folks who are already there have little reason to spend, and once the supplicants realize that there's a glass ceiling, they become frustrated and stop spending.  A decline in activity by mid-level players is a clear warning sign.  Games flourish on the ephemeral quality of momentum.

I agree with all points above: these items are of low utility (and unaffordable) to lower-level players while again skewing to the highest level players, for whom the insta-upgrades provide the greatest value.  They don't belong in the Market.  I'm confident that they will find their way into purchasable packages before long.  Good place for them; at least, they are out of the way of F2P players.  I'd like to suggest that they replace the anemic CC rewards for players who already have the girl.

• Like 12

Okay, it doesn't matter that the Market hasn't been fixed despite random calls for such over the years. What matters is that it gets made far worse to help the guys at the top? I'm currently at level 402 with 622 girls (all maxed using the old system). Now suddenly we have Mythic items that cost the one thing I cannot gain enough of even as a Platinum card holder until I creep into the top 4 inside the broken ToF system. So regarding the mythic items, my view is this is the absolute worst "new feature" I have ever seen in both concept and implementation.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Fiel changed the title to New Mythic Books and Gift increases price of EXP/Affection + Decreases market slots for cash items

i am lvl 381, my girls need around 21,800 exp to reach max.
now there is 'book' which costs 360 kobans and gives 20k exp
and there is 'spell book' which gives max lvl and costs 600 kobans..... what lvl are u supposed to be for spell book to be worth?

The items aren't just a "rip-off" - They also take up slots in the market that would have otherwise been filled by other books / affection items. It would be one thing if they were just a rip-off, I could just pass on it; however, since I will bet they won't be available in any type of "f2p" very often (i.e., they may try and pass this off as a net positive since you get 1 of them in some type of event or something), the loss of books/affection items due to the slots they take up in the market will ultimately make this a negative. 

Please consider removing them from the market - My largest complaint was the lack of Affection / EXP items, this just made that worse...

• Like 25

46 minutes ago, pinja said:

They also take up slots in the market 

Please consider removing them from the market - My largest complaint was the lack of Affection / EXP items, this just made that worse...

I just bumped into an extreme example. 6 of the slots were lost to Mythic items.

This is the kind of scenario the low level players feared

untitled.jpg.25e44da53c2acd44cc4d202c7e7e27fb.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, Fiel said:

I can say that is feared from me too (and I'm "well pleaced" with level (444) and league position).

Side note we need an OMG 😱 button, I'll give you a like instead XD

• Like 6

• Fiel changed the title to New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items
8 minutes ago, Fiel said:

Not just low level players! This scenario makes it impossible to keep up. We are now squarely in the situation that caused mythic items to be called for. There is literaly no method I can see to maintain the XP requirements for my girls as a paying player. Plus, if I ever had a prayer of getting the Mythic girls this destroys the option thanks to the koban cost for both the girl and the mythic items needed to make upgrading them reasonable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

if you read the comments like this, the whole problem is that the items cost Koban and do not reflect!

the mystical things are simply too expensive and since a lot of people don't have that much money to top up Koban regularly because they simply don't have the money or the prices are too expensive.

Because one thing is certain if you want to play well you have to invest about 30 to 100 or more real money to make good progress, the objects then of course take the place for the players who do not simply have the necessary change to afford something or do it together to save.

It's really hard to save too many Koban on the test server.

if the mythical items would cost just like all other simple mirrors (with the exception of the boosters) many would surely welcome that.

Edited by Dramut

This update is terrible. Players have been complaining for months that we don't have enough items to upgrade our girls, so what do they do? Add items that cost kobans! Except guess what? We already had the ability to spend kobans for more upgrade items—it was called refreshing the market! And not only that, but they actually reduced how many resources we can get with our regular currency in the process.

I mean, did they even bother doing the math? The "biggest" affection item (lingerie) is actually worse than the next best one (bracelet). The bracelet gives 15k affection, meanwhile the lingerie gives the total affection for the first two grades, which translates to... 6,300 for a legendary girl, and 15,750 for a mythic one. So you're actually spending more kobans for not even half the affection! Unless it's a mythic girl, in which case you're spending more kobans for virtually the same amount. (edit: after confirming the price of the mythic items, the lingerie actually costs less kobans but the affection-per-koban ratio is still lower on all but mythic girls) This also means you would theoretically only need one mythic lingerie per un-upgraded mythic girl in your harem, and the rest are a waste.

This isn't complicated. If there are going to be items that cost kobans, they need to be more cost-effective than the koban option we already have (refreshing the market). They also need to be implemented in a way that doesn't upset F2P players by reducing their ability to buy items without spending kobans. If those two criteria aren't being met, then the feature isn't being implemented correctly, period.

Edited by lasergun
  • Like 18
  • Haha 1

The thing is: even if the price gets down, they still remain in kobans.

I think that the majority of the players (even the "little" ones that sustain the game with the monthly card (thanks btw)) cannot afford to use kobans every 8 hours. 

The market this way become literally a "pay every time" because you get only 3 alternatives:

1- pay all the items (kobans bye bye)

2 - refresh market (kobans bye)

Or where most of the players are (me included): 3- get rekt and take (worst case) 2 items every 8 hours, and see your girl upgraded in a year 😂😂.

If they really want to keep this price (when i asked for mythic items i was hoping that they would cost (a large amount) of Y) the "easiest" thing to do is to create a separate shop for them.

So the "peasants" like me can still get their items and go get a mythical once in a while.

Again they were really wanted (from me too) but like this is not good, still the patch is "fresh" and we are making us hear so I'm pretty confident that there will be better adjustments. We just have to hope that it will be soon.

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, lasergun said:

This update is terrible. Players have been complaining for months that we don't have enough items to upgrade our girls, so what do they do? Add items that cost kobans! Except guess what? We already had the ability to spend kobans for more upgrade items—it was called refreshing the market! And not only that, but they actually reduced how many resources we can get with our regular currency in the process.

I could not say it better. 

Any price is not good.
It is as if you open the game tomorrow and discover that to attack the trolls now you can only do it with the Kobans.
If they want to, for example, they can increase the slots in the market from 8 to 10 and put the mystics in those 2 additional slots, but they don't have to touch those 8 free slots.

• Like 5

I don't like these new Mythic items taking up space in the store. I already had trouble getting enough Legendary/Rare books and affection items without spamming Restock and now it's going to be much worse with these Mythics using those slots. Please move them somewhere else.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lasergun said:

I mean, did they even bother doing the math? The "biggest" affection item (lingerie) is actually worse than the next best one (bracelet).

Thank you for catching this bit of absurdity!  It nearly got lost among all the other absurdities of this ...update?  Clusterf*ck?  Latest tin-eared release?  I had a laugh though; you're absolutely right!  Good thing the user community does their due diligence and sanity checking for them; it gives the devs so much more time to do quality releases!

• Like 1

Im quite happy people are already debating prices and slots availability. The mythic Items, otherwise, would look more like another Koban sinc than actual tools for upgrading the girls stats.Specially because the girls these items are more focused on (mythic girls) are already extremely hard to get already (I am aliterating this because it that hard to get them shards when you're not swiming in thousands upon thousands of kobans...)

There is a lot of good feedback in these threads, I have added both suggestions to the overview post, thanks guys.

Keep posting the awesome new ideas and feedback.

2 hours ago, lasergun said:

The "biggest" affection item (lingerie) is actually worse than the next best one (bracelet).

1 hour ago, ali-n said:

Why not an option to spend either koban or yemen when purchasing items?
Could be a simple 🔲 toggle... all items in the market are shown in yemen  <click>  all in koban prices.

Edited by Fiel
  • Thanks 2