new dropdown menu

1tst1

I get that the old menu was a bit small on phones, but the new one does not work for me on my desktop (WAY too big on a 24" screen) nor on my 10" tablet (still too big). Can we get an option to switch between the new and old style please?

With some changes in the last months, I have the impression, usability testing is only done on small size notebooks and smartphones. You also have users on desktops and larger mobile devices...

And the worst: on the old menu , the link back to town was directly below your mouse/finger after opening it,. Now it is on the other side of the screen. Fix it...

Edited by 1tst1
added point about town button
  • Like 6

You can still click on the Hentai Heroes symbol in the top left corner of the screen to return to town.

But yeah the menu looks ugly, and it's gonna take a while to get used to.

Since it's so massive and there is space, I'm surprised they haven't added links for current events (like Round Table Knights atm)

To me the main problem with the new menu is that now I'm slower when using it, because I must move the mouse more to go from one point to another. It makes going from the league to the market and back more painful, and that's something I do a lot to check different setups against opponents.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Eexa Man said:

I do not like it either. Preferred by far the old menu. What I am wondering is, where does this change come from? Did anyone complain about the old menu?

Yes, many people didn't see the Logout option because it was offscreen, depending on browser and configuration.

The problem with web UIs is, you need to carter for many devices and screen sizes. A few years back, you could decide on settings by resoluton: many pixels: desktop (make UI smaller). Few pixels : mobile: deliver compressed  UI, possibly spiting longer lists in two or stuff like that. Today a full HD device can be a 5" phone or a 1.5m TV, both running a random OS or even reporting a "wrong" one.

Best solution would be to have options to choose yourself: small phone, large phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, TV. Oh and don't forget to test each one on appropriate devices.

• Like 2

The "new menu" is the same one they were using for phones a few months back. It doesn't work on anything larger when it comes to ease of use. Once again, KK isn't paying attention to what the players want or how their ideas work in real time. God I hate being negative. 

On 6/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, Kenrae said:

Yes, many people didn't see the Logout option because it was offscreen, depending on browser and configuration.

All that was needed was a simple CSS fix. Yeah that's coding, but in this case it amounts to less than one line! This menu nonsense creates drama where none was required.

• Like 1

I've already ranted that the dropdown menu lack a bit of ergonomy. As you have both system and gameplay options, ergonomy rules should part them on a different context: one button for gameplay features menu, one (the usual "cog") for setting/system. That usually solve navigation and stuffing of interfaces, not speaking it does make the fruition more intuitive (why an entry for profile and the same icon in the interface? Why the icon is notify capable and such menu entry not? Does that hint they are two different things?).

There's need of a slight refactor, nothing excessive anyway.