I don't understand the meta game (Contests and more)

Fessups

Hi, I have a serious question about equality in contests, it seems others players play completely different combo of events/contests, or they have different donation packs avaliable for purchase (with tons of exp) than me/others, because it is just not possible to reach such numbers in contest points even with all three donations packs bought and with all kobans spent. Please check this issue, because it is far from fair play so I suspect that it is just a bug that sets individually different conditions for the same main contest and the same group of players, so some contestants have the possibility to buy huge xp packs with 600k+ (and score huge amount of points), & others dont - I do not see other option to reach those kind of insane numbers in contest points (But please do not tell me that people actually repeatedly buy 100 euros kobans packs and spend them all on energy, cause that highly uneffective/unefficient spending - and stupidity - might be possible only for one or two "individuals" but not for 6 cases or more at the time - impossible). Or maybe they cheat, who knows. Please fix this.
See attached pics (and it is still 4 hours before the end of the contest).

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Hug 1

13 minutes ago, Fessups said:

Hi, I have a serious question about equality in contests, it seems others players play completely different combo of events/contests, or they have different donation packs avaliable for purchase (with tons of exp) than me/others, because it is just not possible to reach such numbers in contest points even with all three donations packs bought and with all kobans spent. Please check this issue, because it is far from fair play so I suspect that it is just a bug that sets individually different conditions for the same main contest and the same group of players, so some contestants have the possibility to buy huge xp packs with 600k+ (and score huge amount of points), & others dont - I do not see other option to reach those kind of insane numbers in contest points (But please do not tell me that people actually repeatedly buy 100 euros kobans packs and spend them all on energy, cause that highly uneffective/unefficient spending - and stupidity - might be possible only for one or two "individuals" but not for 6 cases or more at the time - impossible). Or maybe they cheat, who knows. Please fix this.
See attached pics (and it is still 4 hours before the end of the contest).

All those scores are completely within the realm of achievable. Exp rewards from seasons are often saved and not claimed until this specific contest, and that awards a significant amount of points.
Everyone on the server has the same contest, and you can donate as many times as a user has cash for, no kobans needed to be spent. This means they can keep donating 10M cash over and over.

• Like 4

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

All those scores are completely within the realm of achievable. Exp rewards from seasons are often saved and not claimed until this specific contest, and that awards a significant amount of points.
Everyone on the server has the same contest, and you can donate as many times as a user has cash for, no kobans needed to be spent. This means they can keep donating 10M cash over and over.

Thanx for a fast response, frankly I did not think of that - "Exp rewards from seasons are often saved and not claimed until this specific contest, and that awards a significant amount of points." BUT in that case I need to ask - rewards (its cash & xp amounts) from seasons differ and depend on the achieved level of a player or it gives the same amount rewards to all lvls? Because if it IS different, than it means the same unequal not fair play policy - because contest conditions ARE the same for all lvls, BUT if the xp&cash rewards from seasons are not - higher lvl players are at great advantage here compared to the rest (they get more cash & more xp from seasons) - so in this case that should be fixed. On the other hand, if the seasons rewards are the same for all lvls (I have my doubts), then it is ok I guess & sorry for inconvenience.

27 minutes ago, Fessups said:

Untitled.png

I miss the days when I could win LC with 1M points. 2M can't even get me into top 10 these days.

2 minutes ago, Fessups said:

rewards (its cash & xp amounts) from seasons differ and depend on the achieved level of a player or it gives the same amount rewards to all lvls?

In LC, you compete with players with similar levels so the Seasons rewards would be similar as well. You get some advantage when you are at the top of your bracket but usually not enough to make a difference. LC requires a lot of planning ahead. That's how you win.

• Like 1

Just now, Methos2 said:

I miss the days when I could win LC with 1M points. 2M can't even get me into top 10 these days.

In LC, you compete with players with similar levels so the Seasons rewards would be similar as well. You get some advantage when you are at the top of your bracket but usually not enough to make a difference. LC requires a lot of planning ahead. That's how you win.

Checked - they are all 35+ lvls above me, not 2 not 5 not 10 (definition of "similar" is pretty vague here is it not), IMAO that is a huge difference in xp aroud 300th lvl.

6 minutes ago, Fessups said:

Checked - they are all 35+ lvls above me, not 2 not 5 not 10 (definition of "similar" is pretty vague here is it not), IMAO that is a huge difference in xp aroud 300th lvl.

Brackets are split in 40 levels. So, it's lvls 1-40, 41-80, 81-120, etc. Except at the top, from level 401 it's just one single bracket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fessups said:

The rewards players earn between level 300 and 340 isn't that much different. I have seen many players on the bottom of the bracket winning LC, myself included. Once players go above lvl 400, the bracket goes from 400 to 500. That's when it matter more. Even then, lower players can still score decently. Just need to plan ahead.

55 minutes ago, Fessups said:

On the other hand, if the seasons rewards are the same for all lvls (I have my doubts), then it is ok I guess & sorry for inconvenience.

Season rewards are indeed the same for every player. The player's level do not affect these at all.

See, now that kind of "bracket/lvl range" seems as uequal to me.

But just out of curiosity, yep, at lvl 280 seasons give (incl. that payed line) 70,3M cash (17,5k points) & 123K XP (1.23M points) in total. So yeah, those  points numbers should be achievable with stacked rewards even from half of the season rewards. (Someone knows how big are the season rewards at lvl 315? Or the amount difference within 35-40 lvl difference?).

Nevertheless - do not forget that seasons are contunious event - through whole month - it lasts 30 days if I am not mistaken, a lot can change during that time. Do seasons rewards change sequentially midseason or they depend on pre-set lvl at the start of the event? And one more - if the season reward is achieved at lvl 260 but claimed at 290, does it continue evolving with lvls or it is already set in stone at the moment of such achievment?

Bottomline: In my opinion in the name of fair play, rewards from seasons (and others events) should not be stackable that way, e.g. they should be automatically claimed after every days end, moreover "contest lvl brackets" (I reckon are depending on the server player count, but nonetheless) should be much narrower (10-15 lvl difference should completely suffice).

Thanx all for all the info/opinions. Main question of this topic is now closed for me. Thanx.

• Hug 1

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

Season rewards are indeed the same for every player. The player's level do not affect these at all.

Are U sure? If it is so, than the part with the rewards equality I mentioned above, is actually ok and I take back all the criticism. Not with lvl range though.

I will have the confirmaton / rebuttal of this statement in about 13 days (seasons end).

@Fessups Take my word that the season rewards are the same for everybody.

You suggest that rewards should be automatically claimed because saving them is not fair play, well, the rules are the same for all players. This time people has played better than you, but the next month you should think what are your priorities, instant reward claiming or having patience and saving resources to assure the legendary girl and easing PoA. If you are clever you should choose the latter.

About the 40 levels range of each bracket, think that in time you will be near the top of the bracket and you will benefit from it.

• Like 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to I don't understand the meta game (Contests and more)
7 hours ago, Fessups said:

Hi, I have a serious question

Hi, no you do not. Please don't use the Bug Reporting section lightly in the future. You are very green and it's highly unlikely you'll be the first one to spot a relevant bug or tech issue worth reporting. When you don't understand stuff, just ask. We've all started somewhere.

But noob questions go in the noob question section (QA Question & Answer). I've moved it there and fixed that thread title for you. Friendly warning this time. Cheers.

• Like 1

The game is played by A LOT of obsessive pricky people both on the regular than the test server, so it's very hard (impossible) that an overall math bug isn't spotted in minutes. Actual bugs are usually very hidden stuff.

I scored 590k on that contest, ending 3rd. 30 levels below yours. I simply saved the last season XP prize (450k), did 30 Tower battles, 20 Season battles and spin forthy 10x green orbs collected from season and places of power. The cash I've collected by selling such items were spent to roll again and again. Spinning orbs on purpose is a very smart strategy to mitigate the fact they often drop bullsh*t like avatars or common items you don't need anymore. At least they give you contest points.

Ah, and EXP too. You collect it from Tower battles (around 12k contest points each 15 battles) and advancing the story. One of the last season prize grant you an uncanny amount of energy (500 with a season pass). You simply wait to advance the plot until required. By 600 energy points you should score around 40k for the contest.

Anyway, I want for you to notice a small issue on this rushing strategy. It's way more better to check your resources and do some math. In fact, I did a mistake. I was way more qualified to get 100% shards on the third contest. I could have saved resources and aim for 50% shards and 25% shards the first two contests. That will end with 25+50+100 = the girl + 75 bouquets, enough to max out her first 2 stars freely.

So, those uncanny scores doesn't always mean a better overall gameplay.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1