The new club champion girl shards distribution has a problem

Wizardofecchi

In the recent patch there was a change that made it so that girl shards were distributed more evenly among participants in club champion events.  Previously, if you were #1 you could expect 15-25 shards per event completion, whereas 10th place might only get 1-5 shards.  Changing this to flatten the results made sense, because the "whales" who contributed the most would eventually stop participating after getting their girl and things would really slow down for everyone else the rest of the month.

While this egalitarian change was a good idea in theory, I'm starting to think it was an over-correction.  Now, you basically get 4-5 shards whether you are first place or whether you are 15th place and are barely contributing.  Once participants realized this, the heavy lifters basically quit the heavy lifting, because they were given zero incentive to do so.  Whereas the previous system did have some issues, at least you could expect a champion to be beaten and reset every couple days in an active club.  Now, it's like a week or more to get there.  And since you need to beat champions 20-25 times to achieve 100 shards in the current rewards structure, in what is a 30-31 day time period, this is obviously a huge problem and makes obtaining the girls almost impossible for anyone.

A purely flat reward system could work, but you would have to nerf champions pretty massively so that they would be defeated almost daily even with way fewer tickets.  And even then, it would require constant daily activity to achieve 100 shards by the end of the month.

If it was my call, I would reinstate the previous reward structure, but also maybe nerf the champions health later in the month to compensate for the heaviest lifters leaving.  Anyway, it's something that needs to be looked at. Right now I don't think anyone is going to be getting those girls with 4-5 shards per week.

Edited by Wizardofecchi
  • Like 1

This is 100% correct. I registered here ONLY to post that this change is an unfunny joke. Our member with like 135 performances got 4 shards and 2nd place as well which basically means devs robbed us ALL from shards and make club champions fights a huge waste of tickets. BRING SHARD COUNT SYSTEM BACK OR REWORK THE CURRENT FORMULA.

1 hour ago, Vfertja2dc said:

This is 100% correct. I registered here ONLY to post that this change is an unfunny joke. Our member with like 135 performances got 4 shards and 2nd place as well which basically means devs robbed us ALL from shards and make club champions fights a huge waste of tickets. BRING SHARD COUNT SYSTEM BACK OR REWORK THE CURRENT FORMULA.

Please read the post above yours they are going to fix it.