Less 5 Star Legendaries, More 5 Star Epics n Rares please

Gotaku

With all the new features lately Im getting kind of overflowed with 5 Star Legendaries.

Keeping them upgraded leaves no money, affection, gems and xp left for the vastly increasing pile of 3 Stars who end up completely unupgraded and unusable.

KK originally intended Rares and Epics to be useful again with the new Blessings system, which worked at the beginning, but currently with the wide availability of 5 Star Legendaries combined with the meta of Gems and the Mythics, the Rare and Epics are very quickly becoming useless again. Even when Rare or Epic itself is blessed, heck even when double blessed and highly awakened, they hardly make the teams anymore.

There is a temporary solution though: stop making all new 5 Stars purple, and release them more  as 5 Star Epics and Rares. Cheaper to upgrade and invites more tactical variation to the meta.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 8
  • Hearts 2

Could just have 1 less girl in pachinko for the classic event at the start of the month but make either the rare mission girl or one of the epic girls on villains or the one on the champion 5 stars instead of 3 also makes it easier to get the 3 star legendary girl from pachinko with one less girl in pachinko as well this would actually save them money because the girl removed from pachinko would cost more to make than adding another two affection scenes to a girl already made due to the artist being paid by the amount they draw. 

another idea is to nerf the bang event for low event players but make the girl 5 star epic rarity instead of legendary.

Edited by natstar

There's a contradiction. You don't use Rare/Epic out of availability, but 'cause L5 are stronger. So, even if you throw at me 100 more Epics, I'll hunt for the Legendary. Not speaking I'll try to boost first Commons due the awakening pyramid.

The solution is to make Rare/Epic appealing in the combat system again.

A solution could have been to adhere the original logic ("Rare/Epic can be competitive") by changing the impact of blessings. The higher the tier, the lesser the benefit. So, a L5 will get an abysmall bonus, a Rare a greater one.

• Like 2

Weren't the blessings originally introduced with the aim to make girls/guys other than Mythic and Legendary "useful" again?

The idea to make blessings less effective the higher the rarity would be exactly the balance tweak needed for this. I'd even go as far and say Mythics should never get any blessing at all because they're already the strongest by raw power.

It is true that both Rare and Epic grade Harem members are somewhat ugly ducklings or "useless" right now outside of some lucky blessing combinations, so there should be something advantageous introduced about them that neither Mythic/Legendary nor Common grade can provide.

Other possibilities to make Rares and Epics more viable would also be to have them stand-out otherwise outside of combat like i.e. giving Epics lots of money gain when their stars are unlocked, give Rares a bonus when they are used in Places of Power etc.

Possibilities are many, they just need to be taken into consideration and implemented.

il y a 19 minutes, lepidocter a dit :

There's a contradiction. You don't use Rare/Epic out of availability, but 'cause L5 are stronger. So, even if you throw at me 100 more Epics, I'll hunt for the Legendary. Not speaking I'll try to boost first Commons due the awakening pyramid.

While that's true for R5 girls, I'll have to disagree about E5. We only have 2 in the game, and they're not much weaker than L5 (23.25 vs 25.00, 7% difference). So during any "Week of the Epic", they often make it to the top. R5/E5 girls will also be important if KK introduces "Contextual Leagues", where only Rare or Epic girls are allowed in the teams.

I have more than enough L5 girls at the moment (With 10 of them sitting at 0 star), but I would happily include more E5 girls to my teams.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Liliat said:

While that's true for R5 girls, I'll have to disagree about E5. We only have 2 in the game, and they're not much weaker than L5 (23.25 vs 25.00, 7% difference). So during any "Week of the Epic", they often make it to the top. R5/E5 girls will also be important if KK introduces "Contextual Leagues", where only Rare or Epic girls are allowed in the teams.

I have more than enough L5 girls at the moment (With 10 of them sitting at 0 star), but I would happily include more E5 girls to my teams.

Exactly/

And about the 'hunt' for L5's; lets be honest, for higher level players there's not much hunting going on, the L5's are currently rolling in through Tower, Bang, sometimes pachinko, and the big Contest. Only method that requires extra ordinary, not worth it, koban investment is the Legendary Week. In my opinion Bangs could easily be E5 for example.

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 2

I actually think the problem may be power creep. L5 girls have seen about a 5% stat increase over the years as new releases get progressively stronger. However, the original gap between E5 and L5 girls was only 2%. This leaves no room to power creep E5 girls up to modern standards without making them significantly stronger than the older L5 girls. Put another way, the E5 girls aren't weak because they're Epic, they're weak because they're power crept and are really in no worse shape than the classic Legendaries like Golden Bunny or Norou (... except they cost fewer gems to awaken)

The rarity system is broken. It has been for a long time, but the awakening system has shone a spotlight on the problem.