Leagues advice needed

garadron

I'm looking for advice from people more versed in leagues and pvp.

So, I'm currently level 397 and I'm doing fine in D2 - I'm easly staying in top 30 to maximize my gains there while I'm also pretty afraid of going into D3. I'm doing leagues mostly for the kobans and girl shards so I checked and I'd have to stay in top 45 in D3 to not lose anything on that "promotion".

How hard is staying in top 45? What player level or girl level should I be to feel safe I can achieve that? I have 2 Mythics right now (Norou and Lupa's mom) both level 550, 23 5L's at 550 and 17 5L's on lower levels.

I kinda want to go there to get more kobans and not worry about getting 1 point too much to stay in my current league but I'm afraid I might lose on this and going down a league is a huge waste of time and resources if it doesn't work for me.

I'm on Nutaku if it makes a difference for league performance.

In my case (lvl 398, level 600 girls, full Mythic/Legendary), I can barely stay in Top 45 (I play on HH). It takes a lot of effort (Using Legendary boosters all the time, including rare Cordyceps)

But @JustVisitingReborn says it's a lot easier (Similar level/harem, easy Top 45, or even Top 30 now?)

In any case, since it also depends on how you play (How well you optimize your PvP teams and time your fights), I would recommend trying and see how it goes for you specifically. Worst case, you can still go down a league later on; and even if you only make it Top 60, you don't lose that much compared to D2/Top30. Level 400 should be the right moment to reach D3 on both servers, although your harem is not that strong (Lack of Mythic girls, and relatively low level). Reaching lvl 600 might help a lot.

5 hours ago, garadron said:

So, I'm currently level 397 and I'm doing fine in D2 - I'm easly staying in top 30 to maximize my gains there while I'm also pretty afraid of going into D3.

Level 400-ish is definitely a bit low to be entering D3. To give you an example from my League bracket, I am level 459 and I am the 74th highest-level player in my 104 player league. In other words, I'm 52 levels higher than you and I'm still below average in D3 for player level.

With that said, player level doesn't matter nearly as much in D3 as it does in lower leagues, and your progress with your harem and awakenings is more important. Even though I'm below-average by player level, I routinely take top-15 in my league. Liliat is near your level and taking top 45. So it's definitely not impossible to punch above your weight class.

5 hours ago, garadron said:

How hard is staying in top 45? What player level or girl level should I be to feel safe I can achieve that? I have 2 Mythics right now (Norou and Lupa's mom) both level 550, 23 5L's at 550 and 17 5L's on lower levels.

There are a lot of D3 players that do not even have mythics, so you're fine in that regard. 

In terms of harem level, you will see a huge spread in D3. There are already some players at level 750, while there are others that have largely ignored the awakening system and are still at level 500, and everything in between. To use myself as an example, I currently have a full level 650 team and will be level 700 in a few weeks. This means some fights will be utterly impossible for you as you are woefully outclassed, while others should be quite doable. 

However, there is one thing you absolutely need to be prepared for: 3 legendary boosters active every day, all day, no exceptions.

22 hours ago, Liliat said:

But @JustVisitingReborn says it's a lot easier (Similar level/harem, easy Top 45, or even Top 30 now?)

There's caveats to my experience.

Firstly, with regard to boosters, I ALWAYS play a Ginseng and 2xCordy. That's expensive. I understand that other players feel that this is spending too much, but I feel the League is the primary objective of the game. Winning there is winning as far as I'm concerned. And even spending this I can still afford to pick-up the Mythic every month and one of the PoV bonus path whilst still saving ~100 Koban (Nutaku)/month. For me, spending for those Cordys is a worthwhile investment but I understand that others will feel this is a false economy.

To also add some perspective to this, I'm now level 402. This is my 13th week in D3 and my results have been as follows:

W1: 54th
W2: 44th
W3: 33rd
W4: 42nd
W5: 39th
W6: 35th
W7: 26th
W8: 27th
W9: 34th
W10: 20th
W11: 20th
W12: 31st

I was absolutely gutted with W12. I was 30th with 8s to go, so must have been beaten by single digit points. But info that @zoopokemon and @Rarum provided very accurately predicted I wouldn't break 30th last week and they were right as right can be. This week I'll break 30th with little doubt.

My first week was the 9th of December and at that point I would have had 5 Mythics, only 4 of them useable (the 5th - Finalmecia - would have been upgraded during the PoA at the end of December) and I think they'd have been level 500. I'm now level 600, but I'll break 650 in the next few days.

I also invest a LOT of time comparing the scores in the league, using the community scripts and zoo and numbers' booster detector to pick off the right fights at the right times. Not just at snapshot times - I find a lot of changes happen in between.

So there are potential reasons for my comfort in D3 that aren't necessarily replicatable for everyone. I'm still proud of my success, but I'm not unaware that there are factors involved that are non-controlable that benefit me.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

I can't help you in your specific circumstances, since I'm a level 500 player with more than 7 mythics at level 700, but there are some general considerations I can provide.

I think the first question you might ask yourself is: how much time I want to devote to this game?

Being competitive in D3 takes time. You need to periodically scan for opponents without their boosters on in order to maximize your points. League snapshots happen every 6 hours so you want to check at least 3 times a day. Level disadvantage can be offset by better playing, but it takes some dedication.

I'd say go for it and see what happens. You can time it properly to be sure you won't miss the girl. If you're doing 16-30 that means after 3 weeks you'll be at 69 shards, the next league is the one to go for your best possible result. If you make top 4 you'll get the girl and have 2 weeks to test D3. You could demote on the second if you need to. If you make 5-15 you'll be at 97 shards, so you'll get her in the next league.

Much more fun than constantly being at 16-30 for sure.

• Like 3

I'd say go for it and see how you fare. Even the ranking prediction tool I give a limited group access to for helping me in D3 data collection efforts, needs some initial idea of averages you get.

There are a couple of basics you pretty much have to follow to do at all reasonably in Dicktator III. But it's possible to delve really deep into too, building your own helping tools and stuff. As the others did, I'll too try to give some tips of my own, to give you a fighting chance for those actually worthwhile brackets.

Using 3 legendary boosters is a must in Dicktator III, though you can have a gap in their use where you regenerate fights. A rough idea of how booster combinations stack up against each other can be gained from here:

Another thing you "must" do, is fight opponents when they are unboosted, unless you have a good reason to do otherwise. Consider this, if having boosters on yourself is so important, surely the opposite must be true: having no boosters on opponents when you fight them is just about equally important. Those points absolutely stack up.

As noted before, the primary snapshots are every 6 hours, starting at roughly half an hour past daily reset (it's variable). So, the recommendation is to check up on the league every 6 hours (maybe with the exception of sleep time). But there are also mid-snapshots which aren't as understood but make people go unboosted or boosted even between these 6 hour snaphots. So, you do benefit sometimes from checking up on the league more often if you have some opponent who is tough to find unboosted.

You could take that even further and try to make a probabilistic model of how much you gain in points if you fight a specific opponent now versus later on. At the latest, this is where it starts requiring keeping a spreadsheet where you can track opponents. You can go into the weeds and spend a lot of time optimizing your play, if that appeals to you.

On what kind of a girl leveling strategy works:

Later on in the thread, some points on which elements to prioritize (in leveling and in your battle teams):

A strategy that some more seasoned fighters use is also utilizing the blessings change on Mondays. So, past the reset you wait until the snapshot has taken place (about half an hour afterwards) and then check up on your opponents. Many of them will not yet have changed to this blessing's teams just yet (it's recommended to change yourself to it before reset time). This gives you some of those precious additional points if you can take advantage of this well.

It does also matter which teams and monostat equipment amounts you choose against individual players, but it's maybe a bit beyond the effort that's reasonable (with the caveat of unless you have the right set of tools). Usually countering an opponent's element is worthwhile, though. I do publish the numbers of girls of various elements in the teams I use in the league thread, but it's maybe not that useful for a low-powered player (you'd want to prioritize dominatrix more than sensuals, at least).

I'm not specifically trying to scare you about the effort that can go into league play, but I thought to give some pointers and you choose yourself what you want to implement and what goes beyond reasonable. You don't *have* to make this a second job, but it can also give some rewarding feelings to fare well against the odds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, garadron said:

I kinda want to go there to get more kobans and not worry about getting 1 point too much to stay in my current league

I promoted to D3 when I was around your level. I did it knowing the disadvantage that I would be on the bottom 10% of player levels because it had become too much work to stay in D2. In D2, I had to hold back my fights to not getting into top 15 so I was losing much XP points. Also sniping at D2 was ridicules. I could rank 16 an hour before reset and ended up at 40's. So, I wasn't consistently getting the top 30 prize.

My advice is that you may want to open your target to top 60 in D3. If you have that much trouble staying top 30 in D2, you are not getting the top 30 prize week after week anyway. Using D3 top 45 prize is not a good comparison. As others had suggested, promote to D3 and see how far you can get. Also, take at least 2-3 weeks before demoting. It took me some time to adjust my play style in D3. I started earning more in D3 than D2 after about a month.

2 hours ago, Bobick said:

Thanks all for your kind advices, which might become relevant for me as well soon (lv 402 with 600 team). One question, @JustVisitingReborn: Where can I find this booster detector? Sounds like a very helpful tool. Is it a part of the HH+ script which I somehow did not notice?

You've put me in a tight spot here. The booster detector is a joint collab between @zoopokemon and @45026831. I know they don't publicly direct users to it. If you can locate number's standard user script, poke (hehehe) around and I don't think you'll have many issues finding the booster detector ;)

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

If you can locate number's standard user script, poke (hehehe) around and I don't think you'll have many issues finding the booster detector ;)

Poked and found it without issues! Thanks a lot for the prompt! Now I noticed a similar hint is already contained in the "Community Scripts" thread, should be sufficient for interested players to locate it.