What is a battle plan for Mythic Days?

Bob_Down

Hello,

Ok, I have saved up 9,600 Kobans and 5 Sandlewood Perfume, and I'm ready for my first Mythic Days.

(I don't know what the girl is - hope she is an okay one.)

Question - how do you perform the battles?

I mean specifically, do you do battles "one at a time" or do people spend Kobans on the "multiple fights" option? (In case Shards run out).

Is it safe to wait out the first flurry when everyone is grabbing shards, and start to get them at the end of the contest?

Do you stop doing other activities, so that the Sandlewood Perfume is not "consumed" by "non-Mythic" things?

In short, any tips or tactics for actually performing the battles.

Thanks.

If you have a large number of saved combativity, it may worth spend few kobans on x50 to use them early so you can earn new combativity sooner. Once I use up the saved combativity, I take my time and fight one at a time. There is always shards left before the event ends, so no need to rush. I typically get the girl by end of 2nd day. Because of the SP boosters, I don't fight other villains during the event. Just remember to activate the SP booster when the event starts and every 11 drops. It is easy to lose track when fighting this many times. And keep an eye on the shard pool, it goes quickly on the 1st day. You don't want to fight when no shard is available.

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 5

I´d always suggest do the single fights..doing them one by one will need a bit more time and patience but during the event duration (3days) you´ll be able to get enough shards.. maybe not on day one but slowly on day two and surely on day three. the 50x battles can burn more than 1k kobans and if you don´t have a ridiculously amount of them 1k isn´t something I´d suggest wasting :)

And yes..once you put on the sandalwoods you don´t wanna fight any other boss who could drop girl shards.

• Like 4

See the above:

If you've saved a lot of Combativity from seasons/PoA/PoV, you want to use the 50x option right at the start of the contest. The free regens are worth more to you than the spent Koban.

Other than that, stick to single fights. Do not fight other villians during the event. Every free regen is valuable on this event and you are simply burning your SP doing so.

I'd recommend waiting until the 3rd day to do any paid refills you're going to do so you get as many free regens as possible. Unless a complimentary Daily Contest comes up earlier, in which case I'll usually try to get a top 4 finish in that, while still leaving enough shards to collect for the free regens to be worthwhile for the rest of the MD.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 5

Regarding the timings, you usually have:

- 1~2 minutes every 2 hours before shards run out on the first day

- 3~10 minutes every 2 hours before shards run out on the second day

- 10~15 minutes or more on the last day; at this point you don't need to rush anymore. If the girl isn't extremely popular, shards even regen faster than they disappear in the last ~12 hours

So make sure you have enough time to spend your combativity before investing Kobans or Season rewards; otherwise you'll block your natural combativity regen for 2 hours (Which is 4 fights = 43 Kobans wasted every 2 hours)

• Like 4

There are multiple decision trees that go into a plan. Note that the sandalwood perfume only relates to villain fights, so you can do literally everything else.

1. Are you sitting a ton of saved Combativity going in, or have you been using it for other things? This is partly dependent on the timing of Mythic Days. It's easier to save up the Combativity if Mythic Days is early. If you have a lot of saved Combativity, then you may want to spend Kobans for the instant x10 and x50 fights, unless you have a high enough level monthly card.

2. Are you planning on using 4 perfumes or 5 perfumes? If you are planning on trying this with 4 perfumes, you'll want to do single fights to get to 12 shards before using a perfume. Otherwise, you can just use them from the start, unless something causes issues like bad placement of the girl for you.

3. Is the Mythic Girl on a boss where you have other girls to drop, either an event girl or worse, world boss girls. If you have multiple world boss girls, I feel that's a problem where you should skip the Mythic. If there's only 1 extra girl total, it's not so bad.

4. If a contest shows up which has fight villains, by all means work in conjunction with that.

5. If the shard pool is empty, stop. Expect the shard pool to be gone very, very fast early on day 1.  I'd actually keep another tab open to check the shard counts periodically as you fight.

6. Is the Mythic one you even want? If a player has enough Mythics in a class, they might skip pushing hard for one, simply because they don't have the gems to make it worthwhile.

I wish you luck.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zteev said:

3. Is the Mythic Girl on a boss where you have other girls to drop, either an event girl or worse, world boss girls. If you have multiple world boss girls, I feel that's a problem where you should skip the Mythic. If there's only 1 extra girl total, it's not so bad.

First up, thanks to EVERYONE who replied on this thread. There is solid information here - and I really appreciate that. I suspect that other players will find these responses useful for a long time to come.

I will hold off for the third day, and in the meantime wear down Donatien 2nd tier with natural regen, which is the best level for me as there is one remaining girl (Xia) on 20 shards, while the other levels are all still present. I have enough Sandlewood, and a small amount of stored Combativity (the season just re-ticked over, so not a lot, but some), to make a go of this.

Thank you.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bob_Down said:

meantime wear down Donatien 2nd tier with natural regen

I forgot to mention this earlier. You can change Donatien to tier 1 from the Adventure page. So when you fight for the mythic girl, you won't use sandlewood on any villain girl shards. Once you get the mythic girl, you can change Donatien back to tier 2.

• Like 4

RESULT

So, I got the girl.

However, it was a close run thing.

I also question whether it was worthwhile.

Recall that I started with 9,600 Kobans, 5 Sandalwood, a small bank of Combativity and a World Girl already at 20.

End result: 46 Kobans left, one single charge of the Sandalwood left, a small stack of black gems, and a few tens of millions of cash.

It was a very, very close result. The world girl "ate" up a lot of the Combativity, and I eventually started using the Sandalwood even though she hadn't fallen, as I was burning through the Kobans.

I didn't use any "x10" or "x50" spins as I didn't have the Kobans for it - and the stack of Mythic Shards was in no danger of running out (it just kept growing and growing).

All of my Kobans were spent on Combativity refills. All of my savings were gone. And finally I was at 99 Mythic Shards with NO RESULT.

I got very lucky though, because the Daily Goals give you an extra Combativity, and on the VERY LAST ONE, I got a Mythic Shard.  Which was, very, very lucky given the previous drop rate.

So, I got the girl.

However, this entirely depleted my Koban savings (I was hoping to be luckier). So not only did I miss out on the prior Season's girls, but am in no position to spend Kobans on anything else either.  I could have easily got nothing though.  I could have got many other non-Mythic girls for the same outlay.

Another key point is both how TIME CONSUMING and INCREDIBLY BORING the game play to get the girl was. "Click, click, click, refill Sandalwood" and repeat FOREVER.

I thought "Boss Bang" was a pointless clickfest, but boy, the Mythic contest so lacks any engagement. And is so time consuming. (An hour? More - I don't know - I lost track of time.)

Finally, it is a "Green Gem" girl, and that eats into other Legendary girls I have, that I may prefer more in terms of design.

She is going to be very expensive to level up, and eats into other girl's progress.

So would I do it again? As a casual FTP player?

I honestly don't know. It was (a) expensive (b) risky (c) dull (d) time-consuming (e) high opportunity cost and (f) not obviously rewarding.

Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for reading!

And a repeat big "Thank you!" to everyone who contributed.

1 hour ago, Bob_Down said:

It was a very, very close result. The world girl "ate" up a lot of the Combativity, and I eventually started using the Sandalwood even though she hadn't fallen, as I was burning through the Kobans.

The chance to drop shards from the mythic and the chance to drop shards from the world girl are independent. It's more like you role a dice and if a specific result came you gain shards from the mythic, with another specific result you gain shards from the world girl (and if a girl from the Classiv-Event was on the villain you will have a third, independent chance to get shards for her). If one of theese specific results is exhausted, because you had reached 100 shards, the specific result will give you Yumen. So from the combativity part it's equal if there is another girl at the villain. It will only a thing with the Sandalwood.

1 hour ago, Bob_Down said:

So would I do it again? As a casual FTP player?

As a more actice f2p player I recommend waiting until you are lvl 350+ and can make D2 top45 regulary. With this your Koban incorme should be high enough to go sometimes for a mythic.

There's still 28 hours on the event, so by finishing early, you missed on over 60 free combativity (650 Kobans).

Going for a Mythic Girl when another girl is present is risky, especially regarding the use of SP Boosters. I don't know the drop rate of World girls; so it's hard to say if it's best to use SP or not. You should plan more Kobans/Combativity in that case.

9600 Kobans is largely enough if:

- The mythic girl is alone with her villain

- You have 5 SP Boosters already

- You have some stored combativity

- You use all 3 days of natural regen (Or at least 2.5 days, i.e. you finish her on the last day of the event)

However, in any other situation, 9600 is indeed very risky (That 890 Combativity worth of Kobans; 990 with 2 days of regen, which gives you "only" 99% chances of getting the girl if she's alone; and ~95% if there's another girl on the villain (Assuming Classic Event drop rates))

When going for 2 girls at the same time, depending on your strategy, you need:

- More fights but less boosters (If you only activate your booster after claiming the first girl). Usually 4 boosters required instead of 5

- As many fights but more boosters (If you activate your booster immediately). 6 or 7 boosters required instead of 5

As a lower-level free to play player, I'd recommend:

- If you barely have enough Kobans, only go for cheaper or more powerful Mythic girls (In your case, Titania was more expensive because you also had to fight for Xia, and she's only an average Mythic girl in terms of power). More powerful ones should always be a priority though.

- Prepare well (Store as much combativity as you can, as well as 5 or even 6/7 boosters)

- Wait until you have a good stash of resources (Going for only 1/2 or 2/3 mythic girls will allow your kobans stash to grow and be less risky)

Mythic girls require a large investment, but at least the first 7 of them are really important to make more Kobans in the leagues.

Last tip: try to obtain your 3 common girls on all villains, especially from Edwarda to Finalmecia (I think Mythic Girls don't appear on lower-level or higher-level Villains; only mid-level ones). You really don't want to fight for multiple girls at the same time when using boosters; it makes the event 5 to 10% more expensive (Without boosters, it's the opposite: fighting for multiple girls at the same time is best)

• Like 2