• Yucky
  4. 4. Rate Fashion Cori

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

16 hours ago, Methos2 said:

This is like the time you made statement about not storing CP and kisses during GA. I did the opposite and got better rewards.

7200 kobans for 4 girls and 1600 gems. That's what makes it better than OD.

Yep, I remember that.  I got Golden Lupa's Mom.  If you skipped the PoA & PoV, you could've got her too, and much easier than I did, but didn't want to adjust your play style for the GA.  To each, their own, remember?

Being able to choose which gems you chase after, makes a difference.  100 of each gem, plus 800 voyeur/physical gems, might add up to 1600 gems, but 1180-1475 of the exact gem type you need, to max or awaken a girl(s), is no doubt better. 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Also, yes, OD is the best event in the game for the first two years or so of an "average" dedicated player. And then it reaches a plateau and it's all downhill from there. After three years at maximum, unless one has a super weird and specific approach to the game in general, OD is more and more of a non-event. Most veterans only have the two brand-new permanent EP girls to aim for from OD on most months. I'm getting there fast myself.

If you reach a point as a veteran, where you only have 2 girls available from OD, that's great.  Don't forget that prior OD's helped you reach that point.  Contributing to the harem size (collection), more than PoA.

...you don't really care for the collection aspect of this collection game, definitely a lot less than your average player at least. This skews your perspective to an insane degree...

Just want to clear up a misconception about my goals.  I keep getting told I ignore the collection aspect of the game, and only focus on PvP.  Not exactly.  I do have 746 girls, and 96 of them are L3s at lvl 400.  It's not that I completely ignore 3 star girls.  I just don't pay 7200 kobans for them.  Some of my fave girls are 3-stars.  I appreciate their art.  If there's a girl I like, but don't wanna waste kobans, then can still see her art on the wiki, except for the scenes.  That's the case for me w/ the current PoV's Lustful Salem.  I love her art and parody, but I'm not gonna spend 3600 kobans for her, right before an MD.

On 8/31/2022 at 2:46 AM, DvDivXXX said:

That's utterly besides the point. And it's terrible advice for most other players. YOU see MD as the absolute priority for YOU, and you therefore overvalue CPs (PvE fights) to a ridiculous degree over everything else that's valuable as a reward in this game, including non-Mythic girls. Which is insane. The total value those 7.2k kobans give, even more now that there are 5 extra tiers including a fucking Draft Orb, is so much more than 666 PvE fights, it's not even funny to compare the two. Except if you're exactly Ravi-Sama and you don't care for anything in this game that doesn't directly help you catch all the Mythics. Keep that in mind please.

I currently have 6 mythic girls.  2 at lvl 750, 2 are lvl 733, and 2 are lvl 650.  I don't have 7 for a full team.  My goal is to get at least 1 of each element (8), then a total of 3 of sensual and dominatrix.  That's a goal of 12 mythic girls.  I'm halfway there.  Not extreme at all.  I never said I want every mythic girl.  You assumed that.  Saying I'd rather skip the premium PoA, and save for MD isn't dumb, ridiculous, or insane.  Your aggravated/unprovoked response to my sensible strategy, warranted my reply.  The community feedback was positive.

Chillax already! You're perfectly entitled to have... pretty subjective... very drastic stance... clearly constitutes a very big bias... skews your perspective to an insane degree... You only think in terms of... stronger PvP position... insane... for any random player, let alone most of them... advice that's objectively terrible... sacrifice it entirely... to be stronger in PvP ASAP, just like you... how long-term you plan and see things with your laser-focus on PvP, all PvP, nothing but PvP.  I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings somehow, that wasn't the goal... Take a chill pill and focus on your future D3 win streaks while I enjoy the sexy 3-star girl pics you might get to see by the end of this decade... ^^ 

I haven't yet reached top 4 in DIII.  I've gotten 2 top 5's in a row.  I'm improving and progressing.  Unlocking level 750 helped make a huge leap.  Getting better over time, making little adjustments here and there, according to blessings, and then reaping the koban profits from that effort, is one of my fave parts of the game.  Can't tell me players wouldn't want to earn more kobans.  Saving 7.2k kos isn't terrible advice.  It's not insane.  Eventually, players will realize the kobans spent on a PoA, could've gotten them a mythic girl instead.  I've skipped 2 years of premium PoAs, but I've only seriously competed in Leagues for the past 3 months, getting 13x top 15s this year.  Before that, I didn't really keep track of scores, averages, and ranked just in the top 30 or 45.  Last year, I was in DII.  I haven't had a "laser focus on PvP" for two years.  I was casual last year.

I'm chill.  Looking forward to MD.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Just want to clear up a misconception about my goals.

It's good that you did, because quite frankly, I would never have been able to guess that from the way your very detailed posts about anything strategy or choice related in this game have been consistently drastic and seemingly going in a single direction: MD! MD! MD! Question? Nah, that's not MD so it's crap. MD! MD!

And I don't think I'm the only one. I pay attention to your posts and this has been extremely present throughout your posts in any context pertaining to kobans, goals, and resource managements for many months, I assure you. I believe you now that you explain your approach is more subtle and your long-term plans more varied than that, but I don't understand how you could reasonably have expected me to know that since you never made that clear until today.

Your aggravated/unprovoked response to my sensible strategy, warranted my reply.

Yeah, I already noticed and acknowledged that my earlier reaction to your statement came across very differently for you than how I meant it, and that it hurt your feelings. You notably made that redundantly clear by repeating the few adjectives you incorrectly perceived as insults towards you, taken out of context, multiple times. You initial flippant statement was dumb. I stand by that. It means something entirely different than "I think you as a person are dumb and so is everything else you say or think", you know? VERY different. I say dumb things too from time to time. We're only human. Answering "nope, not worth the kobans, you can get X amount of CP instead" to a fellow player who was genuinely asking for advice to help them decide if the koban path of PoA was worth it for them or not, well that's a dumb thing to say. And it's not an insult or provocation to let you know that. That was pretty terrible advice for someone looking for actual answers to help make up their mind, yes. It's basically synonymous to saying this was a dumb statement, and again it doesn't mean I think you always give terrible advice and you're dumb and whatnot. It seems pretty paranoid to interpret it that way, especially given our otherwise many and very friendly interactions. I'm honest with you, as always. You said a dumb thing and I called you out on it. I could have been more gentle about it, and seeing how it made you feel and react, I wish I had in retrospect, but I honestly didn't expect it to be necessary given our rapport so far you and I.

Anyways. I feel this is more something between you and I on a personal level than a continuation of the discussion on whether or not PoA is valuable, by now. If you're on Discord and feel like it, I'd love to have a chat with you (and not just to clear the air about this incident, but because I appreciate you, you know that, I hope).

The community feedback was positive.

Yeah, you received a fair bit of likes for your initial rebuttal of my dismissive reaction to your statement. I was a bit surprised by that, honestly, but then again some users liked both your rebuttal and my counter-rebuttal, so... take this with a pinch of salt (but don't get salty over it ^^). It wasn't a popularity contest and your honor wasn't threatened and no crusade was necessary either way. We were just discussing and, in this case, vehemently disagreeing on specific things. Which leads me to a clarification of my own.

2 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

If you reach a point as a veteran, where you only have 2 girls available from OD, that's great.  Don't forget that prior OD's helped you reach that point.  Contributing to the harem size (collection), more than PoA.

So, this might actually be a crucial misunderstanding come to think of it and especially reading the above in response to my points about the diminishing returns of OD. Whenever I'm talking about the value of something in the game, I'm talking about its inherent value, by default. Not specifically in my situation, or from a veteran's or a new player's perspective, unless that's specified or otherwise implied by the discussion. You seem to assume otherwise, which might make you misread a good amount of my points in this particular discussion.

I said that OD is the best event in the game, for the first two years or so (in most cases). It inevitably becomes worse and worse over the years (and thus cycles through the same old monthly events), though. How does this lead you to assume I value PoA more than OD in general? PoA doesn't lose its value over the years. Each PoA has unique content and a lot of valuable rewards in it (and even more so now that it's been extended). So eventually, in most players' journey through the game, there comes a point where PoA has more value and is worth more than OD (and by that point, the player couldn't really invest a lot of kobans in OD even if they wanted to, since OD has very little left to offer for them). So, past that point, the best event to invest kobans in, in my opinion, is PoA.

I never implied that was true from day one or for newer players either. I'm not saying this is the absolute gospel and everyone not following it is wrong and a heretic that should burn at the stake. I said the opposite, though: that presenting this investment as outright bad, let alone universally so and for any random player who asks you, is a dumb thing to say. Because it obviously has value. Whether or not it's the best investment for a specific player in a specific situation is something else entirely. But I'm not throwing those monthly 7.2k out the window. Neither is Methos, or countless other players who love PoA, for good reason.

And having read more about your own journey, I can even perfectly see how PoA was kind of a lost cause from the get go in your situation, and since you get old PoA girls that are new for you through CbC, and the first two to three years are very hard and require making drastic choices (definitely as F2P especially) anyway, your choices make sense. You're just taking way too far by summarizing this as "PoA bad" as if that was the global truth of that event's value for any player, let alone actually advising a player whose situation you don't particularly know to basically forget about PoA because it's "not worth the kobans", period. I assumed this was clear enough much earlier on in the thread, but it's clear that it wasn't or at least it wasn't for you. Since this is basically just a debrief of our first fight as forum pals, making sure you and I understand each other is important to me.

Anyways. TL;DR: let's shake on it and move on, dude? And if you happen to be open to adding me on Discord, I'd be delighted. Love and respect. ❤️  Div*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1