We're looking for ...

On 7/6/2017 at 2:28 PM, JessieChan said:

Hey all! :)

Having Hentai Heroes in more than one language is amazing, isn't it? French and English for now. But hey! We want more. ;)
Currently, our dear members are translating into Spanish and German, so if there is anyone out there, reading this message and willing to help with those two languages, wave here!

Best,
Jessie

Rainbow_Unicorn_Baby.png

I can help you translating in Italian language

I can help mostly with Spanish and German translation.

About Spanish: it's my native language and work sometimes as a freelance proofreader and ghostwriter. I can write both in Spanish from Spain or a more "international Spanish" (that "neutral-American" one) if it's preferred.

About German: it isn't my native speaking language but I can speak it and read it quite fluently I wrote only 4  or 5 books as ghostwriter in this language.

About English: You can see that my grammar isn't perfect when posting, but when at work, is obvious that I can't make that happen...

Experience in Translation works: I was in the translation team of 5 English to Spanish games, 3 Spanish->English ones and German->Spanish, 2 Spanish->German and 1 English->German.

I wrote a book at Spanish and simultaneously the translations to German, English (and Italian with the help of my ex gf)

I see that the game is mostly done at Spanish. And some of the horrors there was posted and/or corrected.  But I think that I can help with new contents as well as proofreading the old one.

Edited by Chinchi

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.6.2017 at 7:24 PM, Sinner said:

I agree, I just don't think anybody could pull it off.

Just take the first sentence of the intro: "So you like watching people fucking, huh?"

There's just no way to make this work, without rewriting it to something like "So you like watching people having sex, huh?". Just using the German version of the word fuck instantly drags the entire thing down to hilariously, exaggerated and cringe-worthy language.

Actually, I now want to translate this and make it work, just for the challenge of it vUvCxRb.png  (It's sad, when you have to insert 'x' + 'D' as an image, because the stupid editor fucks it up into an infantile smiley if you don't.)

you can just juxtapose some versions for the same sentence and discuss which is the one that´s the least cringe-worthy.... I would say: "Na du siehst wohl gerne Leute beim ficken zu, ha?", but there are many possibilities even for that simple sentence.

On 2/22/2018 at 2:21 PM, The Real Max Power said:

you can just juxtapose some versions for the same sentence and discuss which is the one that´s the least cringe-worthy.... I would say: "Na du siehst wohl gerne Leute beim ficken zu, ha?", but there are many possibilities even for that simple sentence.

My take on "So you like watching people fucking, huh?" would be "Es gefällt dir also Leuten beim Sex zuzusehen, hm?"

Edited by Sinner

30 minutes ago, Sinner said:
On 22.2.2018 at 1:21 PM, The Real Max Power said:

My take on "So you like watching people fucking, huh?" would be "Es gefällt dir also Leuten beim Sex zuzusehen, hm?"

"Du schaust gerne zu oder?" would be enough for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sinner said:

That works. Isn't it kind of altering her personality towards indirectness, though?

Maybe? Hadn't thought about that

8 minutes ago, The Real Max Power said:

With the actual picture...it is, but your version would only be "So you like watching, huh?"

My concern was more in later instances the german texts are far longer than the english ones, so why not shorten it where possible?

7 minutes ago, GameRaven said:

My concern was more in later instances the german texts are far longer than the english ones, so why not shorten it where possible?

Yeah, that´s really an issue with german... long sentences! So it´s for the concept of "keep it short & simple" (KISS), like in project management courses

Whoever is going to translate all that stuff really needs to think that way.

Since the pictures explain everything clearly it should really be possible to cut the long german sentences down quite a bit, without I would be more close to the original.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...