Mythic gear upgrades only loading first 100 items

SafiTheOrca

I have been unable to load my full inventory of equipment for the mythic gear upgrade screen. It displays my mythic equipment plus 100 items from my inventory, ordered by rarity and then by age of acquisition (oldest first).

This has prevented me from using up my rare and epic equipment for upgrades until I used up a lot of unwanted mythic gear first. On a whim, I disabled HH++ and Zoo's script, and fully reloaded the game. This did not change the outcome.

After each application of an upgrade, I have to close and re-open the upgrade screen to get it back to 100 items + the mythic equipment.

Here's the upgrade screen scrolled to the top and the bottom. Note that scrolling further down does not initiate any activity - not even the hovering carrot.

rtLMpKU.png

After using up a significant number of legendary equipment for upgrades, it is now showing me epic gear (hence the sorting by rarity and then by age observation). The following screenshot was taken with HH++ enabled again since turning it off made no difference to the game's behaviour:

GTNFkz2.png

At this point I've tried the usual things, disabling scripts, logging out and back in, using a private browsing session to avoid issues with cookies or other client-side data. No dice. No matter how much I drag that scrollbar down or spin the mouse wheel, the upgrade screen will not load more than 100 items (not including the mythic equipment on top of that).

All make sense? Anything needing clarification please let me know. Are there any known solutions I should employ? Happy to assist with any testing of a fix since this appears to be a fairly isolated issue based on discussions with club mates.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised :O 2

From the Blog Post:

"Auto-fill selects the lowest currently loaded items. If you have more than 100 items, make sure to scroll to the end of the list so that all items are loaded and you have the best chance of making the best deal with the auto-fill option."

The feature worked in Test Server or at least they tried it once.

Sum up this with the Magical Morphing Items and my conclusion is: they uploaded the beta instead the revised code (that shown some extra critical bug in Leagues).

It's strange only you reporting (probably due the paywall the strategy of delivery so far).

12 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

It's strange only you reporting (probably due the paywall the strategy of delivery so far).

+1 for this (on Comix). I can currently only spend legendary stuff...

Same thing on Comix for me as it most likely uses the very same code. Got my item from PoG level 1950.
I just thought I would wait until I either get my first Mythic on HH (without extra money) to confirm this or wait until others pop up with this problem.

• Like 1

As soon as a new day began (when the missions were updated), I spent a certain number of orbs in MP and received a girl and 2 mystical equipment. Then immediately upgraded it to the maximum. Yes, old legendary items are loaded in the menu first, but by scrolling down, both epic and rare items are loaded. So look for a problem in your browser: something in it does not work correctly.

Il y a 11 heures, lepidocter a dit :

It's strange only you reporting

I just checked again on test, and I see the same issue there: loading doesn't happen. It worked last week.

Edit: retested on Chrome without scripts; it worked fine. But on Firefox, with or without scripts, scrolling won't load anything

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

+1 for this (on Comix). I can currently only spend legendary stuff...

Same thing on Comix for me as it most likely uses the very same code. Got my item from PoG level 1950.
I just thought I would wait until I either get my first Mythic on HH (without extra money) to confirm this or wait until others pop up with this problem.

Well that's both good and bad - bad that it's happening to someone else, but reassuringly good to know this isn't an isolated incident. I use Vivaldi web browser with the Ghostery and Tampermonkey extensions loaded. Any similarity to your own setup?

12 hours ago, Master-17 said:

As soon as a new day began (when the missions were updated), I spent a certain number of orbs in MP and received a girl and 2 mystical equipment. Then immediately upgraded it to the maximum. Yes, old legendary items are loaded in the menu first, but by scrolling down, both epic and rare items are loaded. So look for a problem in your browser: something in it does not work correctly.

I appreciate the suggestion. I have already tried vanilla installs of Chrome, Edge and Firefox in an attempt to side-step this issue. The same behaviour is exhibited in all 3 of these web browsers. You mention something in my browser not working properly - what did you have in mind as the culprit? I'm happy to investigate your hunch further, I just need a bit more detail pertaining to what you had in mind. Thanks!

1 hour ago, SafiTheOrca said:

Well that's both good and bad - bad that it's happening to someone else, but reassuringly good to know this isn't an isolated incident. I use Vivaldi web browser with the Ghostery and Tampermonkey extensions loaded. Any similarity to your own setup?

Firefox 106.0.5 (64-bit) with Tampermonkey.
Tried disabling HH++ OCD but it changed nothing.

As you wrote that you have tried it with vanilla installs of different browsers I do not think that it is related to anything browser specific.
I also do not think it is something account specific as this would be very weird while not impossible.

My best guess would be that it might be resolution related.
I am currently running at 1440x900 .

Can anyone else with a "reasonable" desktop size and where it works as intended please post their screen resolution for testing ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

My best guess would be that it might be resolution related.
I am currently running at 1440x900 .

Can anyone else with a "reasonable" desktop size and where it works as intended please post their screen resolution for testing ?

I think you're right, it's not browser-related based on what I've tried and seen.

My display resolution is UHD (3840x2160) with the default Windows recommendation of 250% desktop scaling for UHD displays. I've given it a quick test swapping the 250% scaling down to 100%. Still won't scroll.

This has led to a slight problem - I'm unable to upgrade mythic gear past level 16 because I have various legendary monostat sets I wish to preserve until mythic gear becomes the norm. This is leaving only a few of the 100 item slots filled with items I can actually use for the upgrades.

On the plus side everyone can breathe a sigh of relief - this orca's progress has been sidelined by a bug and is not a threat (yet)!

1 hour ago, 45026831 said:

As a workaround, try resizing the browser window and see if that helps.

LOL, making the Window small enough to actually switch to "mobile view" Style made it actually work.
Resized back to full/regular and it does not work again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

il y a 9 minutes, Xcelsior a dit :

LOL, making the Window small enough to actually switch to "mobile view" Style made it actually work.

Indeed, mobile-view scrolling works for me as well :D 720p works too, but at 1080p it stops working.

Amazing :D

Edit: ah, no, 1080p works too. I just reached the end of my items list, which happens a lot faster on test than it does on main 😛

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Indeed, mobile-view scrolling works for me as well :D 720p works too, but at 1080p it stops working.

Amazing :D

Yeah, as said I am on 1440x900 . So I tested what I thought should absolutely work, 1080p.
I did not bother to go lower as this seemed unreasonable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 45026831 said:

As a workaround, try resizing the browser window and see if that helps.

Perfect, thank you! Resizing the browser made no difference, however changing my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 means the scrollbar is working now 🥰

Looks like KK have enough basic evidence to investigate this further and develop a fix. Otherwise I'll be changing my desktop resolution any time I want to upgrade mythic gear 😁

Edited by SafiTheOrca
1980x1020? What sort of messed up aspect ratio is that?!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is still an ongoing issue, but it's good to have more info and it has been reported.

The trick hinted at in the blog post (scrolling all the way down in another Equipment tab first to load up all equipment items before going back to the Upgrade screen) unfortunately doesn't work. I can have a thousand items and load them all by scrolling all the way down, I'll still only see 100 of them without a scroll bar when I return to the "Upgrade" menu.

Additionally, despite Numbers' update to prevent favorite items (from the HH++ script) from being grabbed by the Auto-select button doesn't work for me, at least. The damn thing constantly picks on my old common full Harmony dog whenever it wants "+1 material", and also selects my favorite epics and legendaries like any others.

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

The trick hinted at in the blog post (scrolling all the way down in another Equipment tab first to load up all equipment items before going back to the Upgrade screen) unfortunately doesn't work. I can have a thousand items and load them all by scrolling all the way down, I'll still only see 100 of them without a scroll bar when I return to the "Upgrade" menu.

The blog post suggests scrolling from the upgrade menu; not from the equipment page. But it is precisely what's broken (on some browsers/screen resolutions)

• Thanks 1

@45026831 (yes! I remebered, it's four five O ^^) pinging you for the above just in case (the favorites thing). Also, I'll quote these messages from the main thread about mythic gear, as this is basically a foreign language to me but it looks like it might be useful for those who speak code?  

18 minutes ago, 430i said:

Replace:

var should_load_more=items_container_element.scrollHeight-items_container_element.scrollTop===items_container_element.clientHeight;

With

var should_load_more=items_container_element.scrollHeight-items_container_element.scrollTop<items_container_element.clientHeight;

10 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Maybe use <= instead of <, considering scrolling sometimes works with ===

------------ 

11 minutes ago, Liliat said:

The blog post suggests scrolling from the upgrade menu; not from the equipment page. But it is precisely what's broken (on some browsers/screen resolutions)

Makes sense, thanks. Having said that, there's more to it than just the scroll bar not appearing on some setups. As of this writing, even when I HAVE the scrollbar, scrolling down further than the first 100 items it decided to load doesn't do anything.

image.png

I realize it's not necessarily evident from a static screenshot, but I'm actively pulling down on the scroll bar, in this situation and it won't budge.

While I'm at it, a screenshot from the same moment, scrolled up, and there they are in all their glory: all of the items that I would ideally want to never even appear on this screen (most of my favorites from the HH++ script, including my other Mythic items), as the Auto Select thing's favorite targets to burn for fuel... =/

image.png

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

Il y a 2 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

Makes sense, thanks. Having said that, there's more to it than just the scroll bar not appearing on some setups. As of this writing, even when I HAVE the scrollbar, scrolling down further than the first 100 items it decided to load doesn't do anything.

Yes, we all have the scrollbar; and for many players, moving it won't trigger the load-item. Resizing the window to super-low sizes (Forcing the mobile view, or maybe a bit higher than that) may solve the issue. It did for me (After I resized "small enough". Resizing only a little bit didn't help).

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

Yes, we all have the scrollbar; and for many players, moving it won't trigger the load-item. Resizing the window to super-low sizes (Forcing the mobile view, or maybe a bit higher than that) may solve the issue. It did for me (After I resized "small enough". Resizing only a little bit didn't help).

Resizing the window to "mobile view" size does not completely fix the problem for me.
It loads more items a couple of times and then it stops again.
When I resize the window again I can load more items (maybe even multiple times) until it stops working again.

• Like 3

Il y a 9 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

While I'm at it, a screenshot from the same moment, scrolled up, and there they are in all their glory: all of the items that I would ideally want to never even appear on this screen (most of my favorites from the HH++ script, including my other Mythic items), as the Auto Select thing's favorite targets to burn for fuel... =/

It's not a bug. Numbers has chosen not to prevent your favourite items from being selected by the auto-select button, but he does prevent from being used to level up (look at your grey level-up button).

• Hearts 1