RNG isn't so bad

Crimson scale

I keep hearing about how the drop rates are so terrible but it could be so much worse. The quest items and girls are removed from the list once you get them and while you wont get rich doing it the options become (1) get a new girl (2) get money for your harem. Could you imagine if you got the "new girl" scene for an event girl only to find find you got Kimmie...for the tenth time or your 900th green orb. I'm a gamer to my core so I've dealt with random drops all my life and this game is actually very kind to players, especially compared to some others that shall remain nameless. Personally I enjoy farming in games and ive never farmed for hot girls before so that's just a bonus and anyway I'd rather have getting a girls be a actually achievement than get them all in one week and be done with it.

• Like 3

I can tell you that the quest items no longer dropping after you have enough, is something new they implemented not that long ago.
I got about 150-200 of the quest items of world 8, so yeah, it's great that they changed that. Now new players won't have to face that as well xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pire said:

I keep hearing about how the drop rates are so terrible but it could be so much worse. The quest items and girls are removed from the list once you get them and while you wont get rich doing it the options become (1) get a new girl (2) get money for your harem. Could you imagine if you got the "new girl" scene for an event girl only to find find you got Kimmie...for the tenth time or your 900th green orb. I'm a gamer to my core so I've dealt with random drops all my life and this game is actually very kind to players, especially compared to some others that shall remain nameless. Personally I enjoy farming in games and ive never farmed for hot girls before so that's just a bonus and anyway I'd rather have getting a girls be a actually achievement than get them all in one week and be done with it.

While I agree with you that it is nice you don't have duplicate girl drops.

I disagree with your assessment of girl drop rates in this game bearing in mind that I probably do not have your experience in other games.

I work from home and have the opportunity to fight bosses / trolls 30 to 40 times daily and I can attest that I haven't had a girl drop

in the last 24+ days.

I understand that you need patience in this game but this drop rate is very trying to say the least.

1 hour ago, casey said:

While I agree with you that it is nice you don't have duplicate girl drops.

I disagree with your assessment of girl drop rates in this game bearing in mind that I probably do not have your experience in other games.

I work from home and have the opportunity to fight bosses / trolls 30 to 40 times daily and I can attest that I haven't had a girl drop

in the last 24+ days.

I understand that you need patience in this game but this drop rate is very trying to say the least.

at some point you just have to wait for the pity timer. i have 14 boss girls currently and i think the pity timer thing started around my 9th or 10th girl. it was basically the same point in time when the pity timer mechanics were released. the chances to get one before 30 days have passed is basically 0. we just have to accept that. the positive side is that it is somewhat predictable. and this is still an idle game. you can't play 24h/7d and have everything.

26 minutes ago, Habi said:

at some point you just have to wait for the pity timer. i have 14 boss girls currently and i think the pity timer thing started around my 9th or 10th girl. it was basically the same point in time when the pity timer mechanics were released. the chances to get one before 30 days have passed is basically 0. we just have to accept that. the positive side is that it is somewhat predictable. and this is still an idle game. you can't play 24h/7d and have everything.

Thanks for the info, I've read about this "pity timer" hopefully it will kick in for me soon.

Like most players I generally try to check in every 3 plus hours to let my battle energy recharge and then have my bosses battles and collect my harem earnings.

This only takes place during normal waking hours, I'm not a fanatic who does 24 hours stints.

As you wrote this is an "idle" game and patience is a virtue, checking in between the hours of 8:00am and 11:00pm is more than enough.

Also they made it easier to get boss girls as well before players could go months without a drop which is why it's funny that people complain when it's easier now as well lol.

Your point on not getting the same girl to drop over and over is enough to prove that they don't know how bad it could be though.

im somewhat new to the forum, but i've been playing the game for a while now (i think i started in january or early febuary) i like the game especially because of it's chill idle attitude and it's subject matter aka the girls, and looking at these points you guys have mentioned i've either been very lucky with my drops since they tend to gravitate to 1 around events because of hte event girls, but also that i apparantly somehow manage to time my drops with the events,  but either im entirely forgetful or im lucky since i can't say that i've gone more than like... 3 weeks maybe a month tops before getting a drop, anyway im rambling.
my question would be how does the pity timer work and does playing epic pachinko give a boost to over all girl drop rate in the game? i figured i should ask since i got enough kouban saved up for at least 1 10x E pachinko

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/12/2017 at 1:20 AM, Crimson scale said:

I think you're right and quite philosophical about it.  Some games (that shall remain nameless with me too) require regular small (but ultimately significant) sums of money to gain not-so-valuable rewards to advance in the game.  The enticements are called 'loot boxes' and have hooked many people into serious gambling addiction problems.  They play on our reward loopback endorphin pleasure system in the brain.  For me HH has one element that does just that (but I am fully aware of my vulnerability in this area).  When a random or mission event girl drop occurs it is preceded by a full-screen silhouette outline of the girl that has dropped; she moves across the screen to the middle shrinking in size (surrounded by an exploding star display) until she merges with the detailed image of the girl who has dropped.  Only then is the girl identified.  I managed to capture this happening early on to show members what I mean.  I don't believe this is a spoiler for those moderators of our messages.  For me, early-on not knowing followed by that sense of anticipation is powerful and more exciting than any other aspect of the game, but this is just my thing maybe.  I'd be interested to know of others who feel the same way.  This is very clever animated PNG(?) file manipulation to achieve this.  Yes, I know... small things amuse... And I need to get out more!

New Girl_01.JPG

• Like 1

Yes!  After trying and trying I managed to get Marina off Bremen (and not in Epic Pachinko).  This is the first and only time I have won her from a random drop.  In that game my specialty is know-how, but it turned out her battle stats are only average.  In both of my two games where I'm in Plain of Rituals I have cleaned Finalmecia out of all three girls, so it's a matter of going back to earlier worlds and trying to get those girls who stubbornly refuse to drop.  In my case it has been Bonny off Edwarda. Re. Plain of Rituals I suspect there must be a problem in its development because it has been an awful long time since I completed Quest, Trapped City.  As I suggested in an earlier post, I could put up with waiting a little longer if two quests were completed and released together.  This would give us a chance to take our time through this world and maybe get to enjoy playing the quest released after that.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Peckerbird said:

Yes!  After trying and trying I managed to get Marina off Bremen (and not in Epic Pachinko).  This is the first and only time I have won her from a random drop.  In that game my specialty is know-how, but it turned out her battle stats are only average.  In both of my two games where I'm in Plain of Rituals I have cleaned Finalmecia out of all three girls, so it's a matter of going back to earlier worlds and trying to get those girls who stubbornly refuse to drop.  In my case it has been Bonny off Edwarda. Re. Plain of Rituals I suspect there must be a problem in its development because it has been an awful long time since I completed Quest, Trapped City.  As I suggested in an earlier post, I could put up with waiting a little longer if two quests were completed and released together.  This would give us a chance to take our time through this world and maybe get to enjoy playing the quest released after that.

They are busy with other things. The artists had to draw the things for the profile page and the january event. After that the team took a week off for holidays. I expect a new scroll somewhere in the next two weeks. But that's only the case if they aren't doing other things first.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 5:19 AM, Zorba the Geek said:

When a random or mission event girl drop occurs it is preceded by a full-screen silhouette outline of the girl that has dropped; she moves across the screen to the middle shrinking in size (surrounded by an exploding star display) until she merges with the detailed image of the girl who has dropped.  Only then is the girl identified... For me, early-on not knowing followed by that sense of anticipation is powerful and more exciting than any other aspect of the game, but this is just my thing maybe.  I'd be interested to know of others who feel the same way.

Yes. This mechanic is one of the most exciting parts of the game. That quick rush and watching the silhouette is just awesome. The creators did a good job with that.

On 2.1.2018 at 8:31 AM, Chthugha said:

They are busy with other things. The artists had to draw the things for the profile page and the january event. After that the team took a week off for holidays. I expect a new scroll somewhere in the next two weeks. But that's only the case if they aren't doing other things first.

they r always busy, and therefore we love them try there best. even if sometimes getting bit pisses about delays but in the end we like their work a stay ^^