PVP / Battle / Tower of Fame - Am I missing something?

ZeroZero

I look at the rewards from it and I'm unsure of why I would every participate.

I get more money if I fight a world boss even when the combativity cost is double.

I can't get a girl from PVP

I'm aware you get an item from fighting, but the item is random enough from what I have seen it's not a way to seek out a specific item or even type of item.  

The gear and boosters for PVP could potentially cost a lot of Kobans.

Is there a reason to engage in PVP that I'm missing?

Oh this seems to be the right place for a newbie question, so I don't have to create a new thread for it.

As a new player what's the wisest strategy? Saving combativity for fighting world bosses only until you have all their girls/guys?

Or is the xp-gain from player battles and the faster leveling still worth it, considering that you can't speed up story progression by faster leveling anyway? Or am i missing something?

20 minutes ago, Dunric said:

Oh this seems to be the right place for a newbie question, so I don't have to create a new thread for it.

As a new player what's the wisest strategy? Saving combativity for fighting world bosses only until you have all their girls/guys?

Or is the xp-gain from player battles and the faster leveling still worth it, considering that you can't speed up story progression by faster leveling anyway? Or am i missing something?

I strongly suggest you give priority to world bosses fights. You will level up anyways with daily missions, but getting girls is not that easy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, randomplayer said:

I strongly suggest you give priority to world bosses fights. You will level up anyways with daily missions, but getting girls is not that easy.

additionally levelling up is not quite the main goal. the faster you level up the faster you get into contest brackets with tougher opponents. i for myself only battle in the arena when an appropriate contest is taking place and i have a chance to rank 1st-4th. otherwise its a waste of battle energy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, randomplayer said:

1 hour ago, Habi said:

additionally levelling up is not quite the main goal. the faster you level up the faster you get into contest brackets with tougher opponents. i for myself only battle in the arena when an appropriate contest is taking place and i have a chance to rank 1st-4th. otherwise its a waste of battle energy.

Thank you for your advice. I will stick to it and focus on world bosses for the time being.

2 hours ago, Dunric said:

The #1 objective of this game is to get new members for your harem, the #2 objective is getting Kobans (so you can use them to get more girls)

now you can figure out your game play strategy

• Like 1

I farm boss for girls until i have all 3 then i do arena battle until i unlock next world. Then farm boss for girl etc. Repeat for each world opened. I sometimes do 1 arena battle if i have odd number of combativity (not at 20 yet) and i dont have time to wait 10 mins for 2nd point to fight boss again.

Well that went fast...I guess I'm lucky. Today I'm in my 4th day of playing the game and I just got the last missing harem member from Dark Lord (3/3). :D Since i'm still progressing through the story in Gems Kingdom and therefore have no other world boss to fight yet, it looks like I can enjoy some battles against other player's harems for a change.

20 hours ago, Dunric said:

Well that went fast...I guess I'm lucky. Today I'm in my 4th day of playing the game and I just got the last missing harem member from Dark Lord (3/3). :D Since i'm still progressing through the story in Gems Kingdom and therefore have no other world boss to fight yet, it looks like I can enjoy some battles against other player's harems for a change.

Yes, you are lucky (well done!), even though you get rewarded and encouraged with more frequent girl drops early in the game.  Yes, good idea battling the rest of us.  You can also earn more cash in PVP arena battles than battling the bosses, right up to The Juy Sea.  The reason for this is because you get two turns for the same expenditure of combativity energy in battling other players for every one turn battling the bosses.  This is a thought to consider when you need cash to upgrade your girls' affection levels and you don't have that many girls at maxed out affection stars to pay out much.  It's only when you get to The Juy Sea and win battles there that the single payout for a win generally exceeds two payouts for winning arena battles.  Another point to be made is that some contests award more points for arena battles than for beating bosses in those earlier worlds.  I won't tell you where it evens out, but you can click on each contest running to find out what you have to do and how many points are awarded.  'All shall fear your skills' is the contest to consider here.  You also get a chance in arena battles to gain a small amount of XP with each win and this can make a difference in winning contests and going up levels sooner, quite apart from going up the league table in the Tower of Fame by gaining mojo with each win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrian'smole said:

Yes, you are lucky (well done!), even though you get rewarded and encouraged with more frequent girl drops early in the game.  Yes, good idea battling the rest of us.  You can also earn more cash in PVP arena battles than battling the bosses, right up to The Juy Sea.  The reason for this is because you get two turns for the same expenditure of combativity energy in battling other players for every one turn battling the bosses.  This is a thought to consider when you need cash to upgrade your girls' affection levels and you don't have that many girls at maxed out affection stars to pay out much.  It's only when you get to The Juy Sea and win battles there that the single payout for a win generally exceeds two payouts for winning arena battles.  Another point to be made is that some contests award more points for arena battles than for beating bosses in those earlier worlds.  I won't tell you where it evens out, but you can click on each contest running to find out what you have to do and how many points are awarded.  'All shall fear your skills' is the contest to consider here.  You also get a chance in arena battles to gain a small amount of XP with each win and this can make a difference in winning contests and going up levels sooner, quite apart from going up the league table in the Tower of Fame by gaining mojo with each win.

Thanks for your advice...will keep all that in mind.

4 hours ago, Dunric said:

Thanks for your advice...will keep all that in mind.

It can be a dilemma though.  You cannot win girls in arena battles, but often (say with Dark Lord) you may end up winning all three of his girls quite early on.  Because you can't then get more girls by beating him this is a golden opportunity to battle other players and earn more money until you get to the next world.  The other thing is that you can only win boosters in arena battles and these items can be very handy early on in the game when your equipment is still a bit thin and your girls' affection levels are not maxed.