Is it always worth it to upgrade affection?

Hoo

34 minutes ago, Hoo said:

I'm looking at upgrading my Agate to her 4th star, but it looks like it's going to cost me over 3 million dollars in gifts and paying for the scene! Will the income increase actually be worth it?

The answer to that will be no for almost every girl (apart from maybe Bunny and Juliette).
One does not upgrade the girls to get their money back, one upgrades the girls to unlock new content.

it's a matter of perspective. if your goal is to raise all girls to max affection and unlock their scenes/poses then you should upgrade all of them as soon as possible. the reason is that the total upgrade cost stays the same but the income raises so delaying the first upgrade delays all future upgrades even longer due to potentially lost income. if your goal is to hoard money you shouldn't upgrade any girl except to a level where the income timer fits your activity so you don't loose too much uncollected money.

most player's try to collect girls and upgrade them to max affection. the game is designed and advertised for this. but you can define your own goals if you wish. e.g. some players seem to want to reach lvl400 first/fastest although it doesn't make much sense in my eyes.

Edited by Habi

18 hours ago, Hoo said:

I'm looking at upgrading my Agate to her 4th star, but it looks like it's going to cost me over 3 million dollars in gifts and paying for the scene! Will the income increase actually be worth it?

It depends what your specialty is.  If your specialty is know-how, you should definitely make the sacrifice to upgrade her as her know-how battle stats are in second place behind Body Builder Elyzabeth who is no longer obtainable.  She also pays out more than anyone else so see upgrading her as an investment rather than a burden.  Oh, and her scenes are pretty hot!  She's really gorgeous in her later upgrades.  I have the same issue in upgrading Abraël.  I am not Charm so 13m to upgrade is too much of a burden for limited return, but she pays more than Bunny, but not as much as Ankyo.  The other thing to bear in mind that if, like me, you have left it too long and you upgrade your XP and obtain more girls in the meantime, it becomes progressively dearer to upgrade the girls to a higher level, unless you already have the girl to ready upgrade with the green upgrade button displayed.  The upgrade cost is then fixed to that affection level in the scene you can preview before unlocking it.  If you have other priorities in the game you can then leave her on her upgrade status until you are ready to pay the cost.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:12 PM, Habi said:

it's a matter of perspective. if your goal is to raise all girls to max affection and unlock their scenes/poses then you should upgrade all of them as soon as possible. the reason is that the total upgrade cost stays the same but the income raises so delaying the first upgrade delays all future upgrades even longer due to potentially lost income. if your goal is to hoard money you shouldn't upgrade any girl except to a level where the income timer fits your activity so you don't loose too much uncollected money.

most player's try to collect girls and upgrade them to max affection. the game is designed and advertised for this. but you can define your own goals if you wish. e.g. some players seem to want to reach lvl400 first/fastest although it doesn't make much sense in my eyes.

Yeah, that's right.  It seems dumb to race through XP levels and miss out on all those hot girls along the way.  I've noticed, too, that some players seem to like the PVP arena battles and they're right up near the top in the Tower of Fame.  I looked at their team battle stats and I thought, "I can beat them easily" and I did, every time.  It's just that I prefer the buzz of having a girl drop for me than increasing my mojo.  That said, with the new battle display, I can check out what some other players' girls really look like instead of the head and shoulders image that we were once restricted to.

In my third most advanced game (Peregrine Took), I've gotta upgrade Princess Agate NOW!  I've been sidetracked long enough and I need 8.7m to max out her affection.  I have only 2.7m so I have a long way to go!  I've maxed out Winter Sophie and she was a side goal, but her payout for know-how was really disappointing.  She must be tired from all the mountain climbing and on-site shagging.  Pinch me if I become tempted to buy more legendary gifts!  I think they're put up to brass me off and stop me reaching my goal.  Agate is so valuable at her 5 star level I cannot be sidetracked any longer.  Please!  No more drops just yet until I can recover and get my affairs of my harem in order.  I hope I'm not tempting fate here!

I think at some point you need to weigh the cost benefit and generally the answer is NO!

As an example: for me to give Abrael a 5th star it will cost me 28000 affection points plus

whatever the upgrade cost is.

With that amount of resource expenditure I can upgrade 3 normal Harmettes to 3 star affection levels each.

Which I chose to do.

Maybe some other players feel differently.

On 17.1.2018 at 1:29 PM, Adrian'smole said:

I looked at their team battle stats and I thought, "I can beat them easily" and I did, every time.

basically this is true but keep in mind that in arena battles the stats of the 3 girls are not considered for your opponent. you can check that by clicking yourself and comparing the left side and the right side. for me the difference is ~15000 ego, ~4000 damage and ~1100 defense for the other 2 stats. that is not neglectible.

1 hour ago, casey said:

I think at some point you need to weigh the cost benefit and generally the answer is NO!

As an example: for me to give Abrael a 5th star it will cost me 28000 affection points plus

With that amount of resource expenditure I can upgrade 3 normal Harmettes to 3 star affection levels each.

Which I chose to do.

Abrael is the strongest charm harem member at 5 stars so it's worth doing for people with charm as their main stat i only have her upgraded to 3 stars since i am not charm and she is like my 42nd harem member so would cost a lot upgrading her to 5 stars and since i am saving up for samane due to being now how when they released her 4th and 5th star.

Edited by natstar

7 hours ago, casey said:

Which I chose to do.

I agree with you entirely, especially since I'm not charm, which Abraël is.  For the lovers, she's a good catch, however.  In my case, I'm an expert and, for me, Agate is sure worth the upgrade.  Not only are her expert battle stats outstanding, but she pays over 9000.  Her affection scenes and 4 and 5 star profile images are also pretty hot compared with her earlier ones.  The conundrum for players is that, if they upgrade their newly acquired haremettes, it becomes progressively more expensive to upgrade those earlier ones to 5 star affection levels.  In general, I found the whole Juy Sea experience a bit of a rip off, and that includes the cost of upgrading Abraël compared with other haremettes with 5 stars.  You don't have to progress very far in each scene of this world for Eugenie's stomach to demand money for more food or some other extortionate expense so the objective should be to get out of this world and onto Admittance of the Dead as quickly as possible so we can move on, focus on upgrading our other girls and, if the luxury allows, buying and accumulating money, gifts and books for future updates.

3 minutes ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I agree with you entirely, especially since I'm not charm, which Abraël is.  For the lovers, she's a good catch, however.  In my case, I'm an expert and, for me, Agate is sure worth the upgrade.  Not only are her expert battle stats outstanding, but she pays over 9000.  Her affection scenes and 4 and 5 star profile images are also pretty hot compared with her earlier ones.  The conundrum for players is that, if they upgrade their newly acquired haremettes, it becomes progressively more expensive to upgrade those earlier ones to 5 star affection levels.  In general, I found the whole Juy Sea experience a bit of a rip off, and that includes the cost of upgrading Abraël compared with other haremettes with 5 stars.  You don't have to progress very far in each scene of this world for Eugenie's stomach to demand money for more food or some other extortionate expense so the objective should be to get out of this world and onto Admittance of the Dead as quickly as possible so we can move on, focus on upgrading our other girls and, if the luxury allows, buying and accumulating money, gifts and books for future updates.

Actually, once you get a girl, her costs are set. It doesn't matter which girl you upgrade first, it matters where she is in the list, which number she has.
You can wait until you weigh a gram, it won't make girls you acquired later, cheaper than the girls you acquired earlier.

5 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Actually, once you get a girl, her costs are set. It doesn't matter which girl you upgrade first, it matters where she is in the list, which number she has.
You can wait until you weigh a gram, it won't make girls you acquired later, cheaper than the girls you acquired earlier.

Oh?  I might be wrong, but I found that the cost of upgrading varies from one of my accounts to another and this seems to be irrespective of her place in my harem.  In one case, I found that the cost of upgrading her did rise as I acquired more girls, unless she was already at the green upgrade screen.  It was at the next affection star upgrade that this showed up and, for Abraël, the cost kept running away from me.  I was actually amazed I was able to upgrade her to 5 stars in my earliest accounts.  That's why I wrote what I did.

8 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Just look at the number she is given in the bookstore/giftstore.
The upgrade cost of the girl is linear to that number.

I checked more closely and, yes, you're right.  On that argument, once Samane is upgraded to a possible 5 stars, imagine how expensive she's going to be to upgrade!  Yes, and I've found in upgrading my latest 3 star acquisitions (like Princess Tiana) that upgrade costs have been very high.  A direct comparison has been possible in comparing my earliest game with the newest.  Upgrading Hari was relatively easy for the newest game, but a lot more expensive to upgrade her in my oldest.  I apologise for the faulty advice I gave other people.

For me : Get all the girls I can and unlock all their sceens.

The choise to upgrade your girls is yours, but since more affection level = more income, why not ? I know this means expense crazy ammount of money (this action made me bankrupt, three times), but I don't find any better place to spend money in this game than upgrading your girls affection.

every day i am broke. but 1 girl to do from 2 to 3 stars should be possible. i see it as invenstment. if u buy a house it will burn lot of money but over the time u get money from the rent or u dont need rent a apartment for urself so u save lot of money. ofc it wont pay of imidietly and will take some time.