Daily goal "Spend 30 Kobans" requires more than 30 kobans

Horsting

I hope I do not misunderstand the daily goal, but today the "Spend 30 Kobans" goal was up. As we have legendary days, I bought 3 fists for 33 kobans. However, the goal went only to 24/30. So I bought another fist for 11 kobans, which brought me to 27/30 (+3), the next to 29/30 (+2), so I overall needed to spend 66 kobans to complete the goal.

It was not so tragic, as I likely need to buy those fists anyway to get the legendary girl, but there might be circumstances where I could decide to buy the potions instead for much less kobans, to roach the last PoG goal. It should be at least possible to calculate what you want to buy to finish the goal, or if it is meant differently, it should be described differently, as currently I clearly understand it that I need to spend exactly 30 kobans, not more.

EDIT: Probably someone didn't finish the goal yet and can try to replicate it. What I forgot to do is checking how much my actual kobans amount went down. The confirmation dialogue at least definitely showed 33 resp 11. I bought another fist now after completing the goal, and kobans went indeed down by 11.

Edited by Horsting

Since the introduction of the chance for us to buy a desired amount of points, the costs shown in every single dialogue window aren't always what those points are going to actually cost.

That is the maximum cost you're going to pay, but you'll be actually charged that much only if you buy those points when the current timer for the regen of the next free point of said resource is near its starting value. For example, if you buy a combativity point while the combativity points regen timer says you'll get your next free one in about 30 minutes, you're going to pay 11 kobans. 

If you buy that same point when the timer says the next free one will be available in less than a minute, the price shown in the dialogue windows will always be 11 kobans, and apparently 11 kobans will be taken from your stash, but it is only a visual thing: as soon as you do any action that cause a page refresh, you'll see 10 kobans more in you savings.

Basically, the price estimate that is shown us does not take in account the free regen timer situation, while the actual cost they'll charge us for that purchase does 

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 2

Interesting, I had the impression that the timer remains unchanged while I simply get the amount of fists on top. So I get a full "30 minutes" first for full 11 kobans. I thought the partial kobans cost was only a thing when you buy the very last fist for maxing your storage. And I remember reading somewhere that even this was changed and you have to pay the full price now regardless how much minutes are left. But probably this info was outdated and later found to be visual only, as you say.

In my particular case however even if you are right, it cannot explain that after buying 3 fists, the next 2 firsts (bought separately) did get me (or cost me) only 3 respectively 2 kobans (goal points). As I bought all of them a few seconds one after another, it can only explain the less price/points for the first 3 fists (bought combined) which got me 24 points.

Edited by Horsting

I can confirm what @Antimonwrote with the price shown being broke as I've observed this in each and every MD and LD since it started happening :D

example from the ongoing LD, each of the below instances of me buying 20 fists was shown as being worth 36, including the last one (18). But after creating a row for each refill my total nuban column was off as I had more nubans than I should:

image.png.96d68f05e98d0542aaebbd7a90b70f72.png

Before these I also paid (based on the prompt at least) 33 nubans to fill my fists from 2 or 3 to 20. So in 17 instances of me buying fists, I have paid 18 nubans less than the game told me, which gives cca 1 nuban per purchase, in your case 6 kobans. And buying up to 20 doesn't reset my timer, because I have a golden card so my cap for fists is 40

The first time it happened I was very confused to say the least

Edited by garadron
  • Like 2

8 ore fa, garadron ha scritto:

The first time it happened I was very confused to say the least

I discovered it because one fixation of mine is to have an even number of kobans, and I always spend my kobans according to this rule of mine. With this new system even if I try my best, each refill I do (no matter if partial, full or overfilled) has become a roulette, and almost every single day I find myself in the position of spending kobans to speed up the completion of a daily mission to even my kobans stash out. I'm happy I get to spend a little less than what it is shown in the dialogue windows, but at the same time I'm kind of irritated of not having the exact control of my kobans amount. It is like an emotional  roller coaster 😅😂

17 ore fa, Horsting ha scritto:

In my particular case however even if you are right, it cannot explain that after buying 3 fists, the next 2 firsts (bought separately) did get me (or cost me) only 3 respectively 2 kobans (goal points). As I bought all of them a few seconds one after another, it can only explain the less price/points for the first 3 fists (bought combined) which got me 24 points.

Actually, it explains both of the situations, because this system is double broken: the actual cost of a refill does take in account the free regen timer, even if it is not shown in the price estimate; however, refilling does not reset the timer (as Garadron said).

Let's say you have 9 combativity points and your timer says you'll regenerate a free point in about 14 minutes. You refill1 point, the price estimate in the dialogue window says you'll have to pay 11 kobans, they initially visually-only charge you so, but they actually took away from your stash... let's say only 5 kobans. so, page refresh, and you'll have 5 kobans less instead of 11 (so you "got back" 6 kobans), 1 combativity point more (10/20), but the free regen timer will still say that you'll get your next free point in about 14 minutes (minus the time passed during this 1 point refill operation).

This implies that buying points one by one without ever hitting the bar cap could cost you an hefty amount of kobans less than buying the same amount of point in stock. Still, I would not recommend this behaviour, for two main reasons:
1) Buying large amounts of points one by one could easily drive any sane person insane
2) More importantly, there is a distinct possibility that it could be seen by kinkoid as "bug abuse", and you don't want to go down that route.

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Antimon said:

Actually, it explains both of the situations, because this system is double broken: the actual cost of a refill does take in account the free regen timer, even if it is not shown in the price estimate; however, refilling does not reset the timer (as Gardron said).

Ah that makes sense. I just didn't expect it being broken in a way that you can or accidentally will abuse it 😄. Thanks for the explanation! It lifts my mood that I, without intention, did buy some fists for special discount 😁.

• Haha 2