Do I get shards for a new girl in league if I buy her in SM shop now?

Horsting

I went with 94/100 shards of Dolly into the new league week. Coincidentally the missing 6 shards are now offered in SM shop. I am in D3 now and expect to get at least 23 shards, i.e. loosing quite some, converted into affection item compensation. But if the girl in league does not change when I get her, but I get all 23 shards converted into affection items, then buying her in SM shop is of course nonsense.

Not sure if anyone ever tested this? 🤔

Okay 1:1 🤷‍♂️.

E.g. contest and event path shard rewards are checked live and turn into orbs immediately when claiming the same girl elsewhere. But of course that does not mean it applies to the league as well, and girl => orb is not the same as girl => next girl. A better comparison would be with CC girls.

Is this something to ask KK directly, e.g. on some Discord channel or so? I could bite the bullet for science. But even if I knew that the girl adjusts immediately, I am not 100% sure whether I should really use SM coins for shards which I do get anyway earlier or later, just speeding league girl rewards up for 1 week. So the added uncertainty makes it a little too unattractive.

Edited by Horsting

4 hours ago, Horsting said:

I am not 100% sure whether I should really use SM coins for shards which I do get anyway earlier or later, just speeding league girl rewards up for 1 week

Yes, it makes no sense to speed up getting a girl in the Leagues. For example, I no longer have a girl in the awards, because they have all been received. So I just don't get that extra reward. And so the SM coins will simply be spent on essentially nothing.

• Like 2

For the sake of knowledge, I did buy the shards now, and luckily the league girl immediately updated.

I still think that it is not necessarily worth it, as one gets all league girls anyway earlier or later, while LD girls can be much harder to get, take a year to be revived, or even have no schedule yet when been revived already. But if the league girl immediately gives you some benefit in current team(s), it may be worth it.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1