SexMonster Pets

Qt4s

Almost everyone likes collecting things, perhaps a good and fresh idea would be to introduce pets which could be collected just like harem guys - pets are a popular feature in almost all online mmo.

Such pets could be a good buffers, offering a few % buff strength for fighting. 

They could look like some cute monster with certain body parts exposed and exaggerated for fun and they could be pinned to a heroe in the character screen or a better idea to a harem guy in the team selection screen.

What do you think about this idea?

I know it is not how you want it, but the 5th hero item slot is a pet, and exactly such little cute monster/animal/robot/dragon you imagine, giving the same few % buff as all other equipment slots 😉.

I am not generally against adding another type of hero asset, as long as there are fair F2P drops for it so that it does not turn into a P2W feature. I would be against it if it was just a boring static stats buff, and when there are theoretically multiple variants, but due to bad balancing (as we know from KK) only one relevant variant that everyone is looking for. When doing the efforts to add a new type of hero asset, then it should have a creative/interesting mechanic, with well balanced different buffs or special abilities, where each has its up- and downsides but none is clearly superior or inferior. I hate all these choices which are no choices among equipment, GG and skills, as there is only wrong and right and one just needs to know which one is the right one, otherwise makes a mistake.

Edited by Horsting
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

8 hours ago, Qt4s said:

1. You must have meant to post this in the GH forum, judging by your avatar and mention of harem guys. This is the HH forum though. I've moved the thread for you this time, but please make sure you're in the right forum before posting from now on. Thanks.

2. I think this idea is terrible and right in line with the current wall HH and all of its clones are headed to at full speed.

3. Only Rosso ever believed Kinkoid games and "RPG" belonged in the same sentence. Now we found someone who outright considers them MMOs? Damn, that escalated quickly.

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

1. You must have meant to post this in the GH forum, judging by your avatar and mention of harem guys. This is the HH forum though. I've moved the thread for you this time, but please make sure you're in the right forum before posting from now on. Thanks.

2. I think this idea is terrible and right in line with the current wall HH and all of its clones are headed to at full speed.

3. Only Rosso ever believed Kinkoid games and "RPG" belonged in the same sentence. Now we found someone who outright considers them MMOs? Damn, that escalated quickly.

I play both, though GH is my main, so I completely don't understand your steps and why did you move the topic here, especially because nothing in GH can be added before having been added in HH first. Discrimination even here. Anyway thanks for killing new ideas as always. Kinkoid should return the pre-alpha version of the game - everyone would be content then.

• Surprised :O 1

6 hours ago, Qt4s said:

Discrimination even here.

Wow. Playing the victim card right away for no reason, much? V_v

Such a bullshit accusation also confirms that you don't know me or my values at all. Which makes the following claim sound even less convincing:

6 hours ago, Qt4s said:

Anyway thanks for killing new ideas as always.

Seriously, stop it right there with the pretend persecution paranoia. That's too ridiculous to offend me, but it's dumb enough to be grating on my nerves and it will probably not amuse my fellow mods on the GH forum either.

-----

6 hours ago, Qt4s said:

I play both, though GH is my main, so I completely don't understand your steps and why did you move the topic here, especially because nothing in GH can be added before having been added in HH first.

If you're actually interested in understanding things instead of throwing cheap accusations around, here goes.

1. You may play HH too but the post you've made clearly sounded like it only referred to GH, so it belonged to the GH forum.

2. Why do you think there's a Suggestions section on the GH forum, then? For show? If you came up with a good suggestion here, it might even be more likely to get brought to Kinkoid's attention than the same suggestion on the HH forum. The GH community is smaller and less active, but with the same number of dedicated moderators than the HH forum does. Plus their one CM, Neven, might just be the last one still around from the good old days, and he tends to listen to his mods.

Of course, an idea being forwarded to those in charge at Kinkoid isn't a guarantee they'll run with it, but that's the best you can ask for as a player. Since you play HH too, a good example would be my sustained feedback about the dead currency "Movie Frames" still taking up prime reward spots despite no longer being usable for most players. It's been confirmed several times that feedback has been forwarded and heard. It just seems that those in charge disagree and they prefer to keep giving all players Movie Frames every day.

And that's it for the mod part of my exchange with you. You've made a post about GH on the HH forum, I forwarded it to the GH forum. What scandalous discrimination and censorship indeed! ^^ /sarcasm

---

To clarify, since you seem to jump to the worst possible assumptions hastily, the additional two points in my previous post were just me sharing my individual opinion on your suggestion, since you did ask. I thought the phrasing was using enough dark humor that it would be fairly obvious that wasn't an "official" response in any capacity. Obviously, my expectations were set a bit high in this case.

I really think your suggestion sucks, though. We already have way too many in-game currencies, way too many overlapping mechanics each involving its own type of tedious grind and micro-management, and most importantly, each coming with its own distinct incentives to shell out real money just to somewhat keep up. Adding non-cosmetic pets (you clearly suggested attaching power creep to them) on top of hero gear, recruit gear, recruit skills, and all the paywalled content that's only accelerating lately... well it would be yet another layer of unnecessary Skinner Box P2W garbage to this once idle and actually F2P game. Sadly, as I said, it would fit right in there with Rosso's "Vision", so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar was already in the works, and if not, your suggestion might actually hit home.

Anyways. Over and out. I'll leave this in the capable hands of the GH mods. Cheers.

Yeah that won't do. The way this discussion is going on, that won't do at all.

It was a genuine idea. Just switch "guys" for "girls" in Qt4s's initial message and you got the idea for a nice feature.

Also girls with pets are cute, it's a nice idea for an event with cute pets:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Also I understand he'd talk about it with HH player since the forum there is more active.

I'm sad it ended up like this.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

27 minutes ago, Zamioc Yuki said:

I'm sad it ended up like this.

I'm sad you perceived it that way.

The idea of cute pets added strictly as optional cosmetics seems harmless enough, and it could even be a nice addition for a number of players. That's basically your suggestion at this point, though. The OP seems to have inspired you to imagine it, which is nice and productive. I wouldn't mind this at all.

What he actually suggested was miles away from that, though: sex monsters with comically exaggerated (presumably sexual) parts (so an almost 100% guaranteed nope from Kinkoid due to the "furry"/bestiality misconception on their black list, as you know, though I hadn't bothered mentioning it yet) and a power mechanic attached to it... I stand by what I said on that version.

As for replacing "guys" with "girls" in his post, he could have done it himself, and he's free to re-post the suggestion on the HH forum if he wants to. He might want to embrace the massive improvements you've inadvertently added to his suggestion while he's at it. He'd get a very different response, because that's a very different idea.

And aren't guys with pets just as cute as girls with pets? Pets are cute, period. Humans are entirely optional. ^^

Anime Boy Cute Anime Boy With Cat PNG Image With Transparent Background |  TOPpngPin on Eye CandyAnimeboy Boyanime Cat Catboy Withcat Kitty Cats - Anime Boy And Cat PNG  Image With Transparent Background | TOPpngHot anime guy, cat and attractive anime #806125 on animesher.com

• Like 1

I also feel like needing to defend the idea: Adding some asset to the hero page/profile itself has nothing to do with P2W, micro-management, nasty farming, additional time invest, bad PvP balancing or any other such negative assumption. It is all about HOW such is implemented, and there are without doubt ways to do this without making any of the veterans and others who prefer the casual game over RPG depth unhappy. I think we are all too much biased by the way HOW KK implemented anything lately (and not so lately), assuming/implying the worst with every new idea. But it is unfair to blame the idea for some cute pet addition that goes beyond the existing 5th item slot for this.

As I mentioned creative ideas/mechanics: This does not even need to touch PvP at all. As we can see above, combining it with some nice art already has some implied value, e.g. having it added to the waifu. And thinking about the first GG tier, instead of raising battle stats, it could also give (moderate) passive Ymen/EP/gem/whatever bonuses, or slightly increase an energy's regeneration speed, or max storage. With some more pets, one could then even switch based on current needs or game progress. It means to invest a little more time into the game again, I know, just throwing ideas into the room. Also a pure visual/art benefit would be fine, like the hero profile clothes/avatars, just a little more prominent and tied into other game pages, hence not affecting PvP or resource management/collecting at all.

13 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

What he actually suggested was miles away from that

He mentioned "a few % buff", but that this is the only and main idea, and all the negative implications were actually from you (but I also focused on battle stats/bonuses in my first comment). To me the cuteness of pets showing up along with the hero seems the main idea, with any practical benefit being completely open, just thrown in. But as said, I think we are all biased by HOW KK implemented anything, so that we see the worst in every idea quickly, for reasons.

Edited by Horsting
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Horsting said:

a pure visual/art benefit would be fine, like the hero profile clothes/avatars, just a little more prominent and tied into other game pages, hence not affecting PvP or resource management/collecting at all.

Absolutely. And okay, I might have translated a bit of what @Qt4s suggested into what Kinkoid would almost certainly make of it a bit too quickly. If he's not particularly aware of all the implications and more or less recent developments his suggestion brought to mind to those in the know, and his suggestion was genuinely innocent in that regard, then I can even see how my response might have surprised him. My bad for that, then, QT.

When making suggestions, we need to be realistic and take the context into account though. They've recently gutted Affection Scenes for all but the most expensive recruits. They've even stopped producing the cute tiny sketches that went with CE daily missions, replacing them with a basic countdown. Does it look like the Art Team would have the time and resources to produce pet art right now?

24 minutes ago, Horsting said:

I think we are all biased by HOW KK implemented anything, so that we see the worst in every idea quickly, for reasons.

For very good reasons, yes. It's not a bias at this point, it's just being realistic about what's going on and where Kinkoid is headed.

Just like most of the main recruits that Kinkoid still devotes time and resources to have the art team produce real Affection Scenes for are the new and more and more frequent purely paywalled ones, it would be naive to expect Kinkoid to add pets or anything else right now without attaching some power creep mechanics and/or some predatory monetization to it in the current context. Even if Qt4s hadn't suggested it in passing in his own suggestion, I mean.

Anyway. It doesn't mean we should give up on discussing or suggesting new ideas. Just don't hold your breath and be careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qt4s said:

I'm sorry, I overreacted.

English is not my mother tongue and I thought the term 'guys' is universal and can mean both boys and girls.

No worries, and thanks for your honesty. I'm sorry too. We got off on the wrong foot, it happens. I'm glad this discussion helped clear things up.

("Guys" can be used when you're talking to a group of people, regardless of their gender. But that's in conversation and more of a US thing. When you're talking about people, if you describe them as "guys", then it does mean they're all male.)

3 hours ago, Qt4s said:

Please delete the whole topic.

I don't think the topic deserves to be removed. It got sidetracked by misunderstandings and a bit of tension at some point, but the idea is still interesting enough to be suggested and discussed. It would probably work better with a new thread in the HH forum, with a slightly reworked opening post, though.

How about we help you rewrite it here, then you can make a new thread in the HH Suggestions forum when you're satisfied with the result? After that, we can close this one.

If you're okay with it, I'd suggest the following changes:

1. Using "recruits" or "characters" instead of guys or girls, as these terms are not gendered, so it works for all Kinkoid games.
  2. Changing the title to mention Pets instead of (Sex) Monsters, to avoid the creepy vibe this can give and insist on the cuteness of pets instead.
  3. Perhaps don't give them the idea of attaching a buff to the pets. This would be a deal-breaker for many players, and as I explained it's unfortunately very likely that if Kinkoid does pick up this suggestion, they will find a way to attach some amount of power creep and monetization incentives to it anyway.

Something like this ( @Zamioc Yuki, @Horsting or any lurker reading, please feel free to give a hand too):

On 9/11/2023 at 1:52 PM, Qt4s said:

TITLE: SexMonster Pets -> How about introducing Pets as Cosmetics?

Almost everyone likes collecting things, perhaps a good and fresh idea would be to introduce cute pets which could be collected just like harem guys recruits - pets are a popular cosmetic feature in almost all online mmo games.

Such pets could be a good buffers, offering a few % buff strength for fighting. 

They could look like some cute monster with certain body parts exposed and exaggerated for fun and they could be pinned to a heroe in the character screen the Hero's Profile or avatar, or a better idea to a harem guy in better yet, to individual characters in a team (which we could select and change from the Team Selection screen).

How would you folks like this idea?

Please let me know. I agree with Zam and Horst now (and with you): this could be a nice cosmetic addition to the game(s). I have very little faith Kinkoid would add a nice cosmetic addition these days, but it doesn't hurt to try.