New Combat

Don23

Thoughts?

The combat revision seems interesting, but 30 minutes for a combat point? They really want people to dish out cash for those Kobans.

edit:

Now that I've actually read all of it, I think it's much better. Arena battles no longer cost action points (I wonder what an effect it will have on arena battle or experience related contests) and boss battles have been reduced to 1 point. Still a 33% reduction on possible boss battles per day (without paying for refills anyway and through the time increase the relative value of refills has increased).

Edited by Don23

They also adjusted the drop rate to compensate for the loss of villain battles (from a maximum of 72 down to 48).

This is not in the patch notes, but we asked about it on the discord server.

Apart from that; prepare for some temporary loss of income in the beginning when you still need to level up the bosses.

I would point out that they said this is the first of a series of updates. While I don't believe this update is any improvement to the arena, in fact I think it makes it worse, there may be more coming that will finally start to fix the issues and pointlessness of arena combat. We will just have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, Asherandai said:

I would point out that they said this is the first of a series of updates. While I don't believe this update is any improvement to the arena, in fact I think it makes it worse, there may be more coming that will finally start to fix the issues and pointlessness of arena combat. We will just have to wait and see.

Exactly,  Some contests last for 4 days so even people that can do their 3 arena fights every 30 minutes will have a hard time beating other players in contests that require arena wins or for you to gain experience - which you get from arena plus that contest that gives points for arena or boss battles now needs you to do both arena and boss battles to win it.

11 minutes ago, Asherandai said:

maybe in another update we get another "energy bar" for arena fights and they just couldn't get it right for the upcoming update. just an idea but that might solve the issues you pointed out in the other thread. we will know what it will be when they tell us.

those "issues" are issues that aren't all that relevant because they are based on pure speculation -_-

here come my speculation:
there might be a few players that go nuts and use every arena battle they get, but those will be scarce.
I predict that after the first week or two, it will be actually easier to win those arena contests than before, because you now have the chance to get some arena battles in.
(space out the missions over 30 minutes, so that you can collect the previously finished mission and then do some arena battles.)

people always see problems when there aren't any problems yet.
the patch note thread exploded with angry comments from players I've never seen commenting before, or players that are hardly around.
just chill, see what the impact is, and then give feedback.

funny thing is, I already talked to one of the devs of the team, and told him that this will most likely cause an outrage, and he said that they indeed expected that already xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Don23 said:

Winning arena battles still nets you some cash though, right? Maybe there's finally a point to being able to challenge people through the Hall of Fame.

arena battles will give you ~5600 cash for a win against an opponent with a level that is about equal to yours.
it grows with increasing level difference.

however, you also still get the boosters (now and then) and the common/rare gifts (a bit more than boosters, but not as much as money).

51 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

people always see problems when there aren't any problems yet.
the patch note thread exploded with angry comments from players I've never seen commenting before, or players that are hardly around.
just chill, see what the impact is, and then give feedback.

funny thing is, I already talked to one of the devs of the team, and told him that this will most likely cause an outrage, and he said that they indeed expected that already xD

Every update causes outrage. Remember the affection update? That went on for weeks, even though it was pretty much exactly what a lot of people were asking for prior to the update.

52 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

arena battles will give you ~5600 cash for a win against an opponent with a level that is about equal to yours.
it grows with increasing level difference.

however, you also still get the boosters (now and then) and the common/rare gifts (a bit more than boosters, but not as much as money).

I'm not complaining, but I don't think this part is really very good. The fact that lv1 vs lv1 and lv400 vs lv400 will earn the same amount seems wrong to me. There is also the implication (not outright stated) that fighting a lower level opponent will result in lower earnings. Makes sense, but on gay harem there aren't many people equal or higher than me in level, so its like I'll be nerfed which really sucks. Still there was a mention somewhere of gift scaling which has the potential to be really nice if it is in there, and i'm not concerned over cash like many people seem to be.

Anyway, the point of these comments is to give first impressions (at least it is with mine). True judgement comes about 1-2 weeks or longer after the changes are made, and can be properly examined/tested.

I personally am exited about it taking 30 minutes for a combat point. It means that it will take 10 hours to fill and I won't have to wake up in the middle of the night to use all my points. I know we will effectively get fewer chances for girl drops but I like being able to sleep 8 hours straight and not miss out on point refills.

Being able to do arena fight for no points sounds great,  I've never fought in the arena and haven't done a PVP battle since I got all of Dark Lord's girls before I finished world 2

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

They also adjusted the drop rate to compensate for the loss of villain battles (from a maximum of 72 down to 48).

This is not in the patch notes, but we asked about it on the discord server.

Apart from that; prepare for some temporary loss of income in the beginning when you still need to level up the bosses.

Yes, the cynic in me sees an enticement to buy combativity points.  The optimist in me sees a definite improvement and much earlier I posted the recommendation that challenging the villains should be more challenging with beating them becoming harder as one's own level increases.  I think overall it is a definite improvement, but the proof of the pudding...  Re. PVP battles, one of the gripes I had was that I was sometimes expected to battle opponents that had a much higher ego than me - all three.  I could sometimes beat them if I bought boosters and I would have a fair chance if their battle stats were significantly lower than mine (notably attack power and critical damage).  My choice of beta and omega girls became very important in this case.  If the opponents I'd defeated become out of bounds the choices become less and it sounds like the choice screen does not refresh to two new players leaving us to battle the one remaining.  In a way, though, these changes will make us work and think harder and that would be a good thing.

I like the changes to have PvP refresh every 30min and you get 3 fights free and not cost any battle points. Don't like the matching system much as 80% of the time I'm getting matched with people around 10 levels higher than me if not more. Also don't understand it anymore. The few battles I should be winning I'm still losing half the time. Ones where I have over 5k more ego and notably higher stats. I've been playing as I use to though, as in hit start > skip > next battle so maybe I actually need to watch the match to see whats going on.

I'm hoping my higher level matches is because as a newer player I've been doing PvP lots since you got more money per battle point than the first couple of bosses, so I think I'm higher in the rankings than I should be. Hoping losing a few times will bring me down to players closer to my range.

So I've done about a dozen battles now, and find that the opponent matching doesn't seem to do a good job.  Prior to the update, arena battles weren't difficult, and I'd win 80-90%.  Like many here I didn't fight a lot, but would just for variety.  I think I have a record of 3 and 9, mostly fighting opponents 10-16 levels higher, and with 6-10k more hit points.  I haven't really looked at how even the 3 battle scores are, but given the margin of defeat, they aren't close.  The win-loss ratio makes arena battles unappealing at the moment.

The worst part about the drop in income from boss battles?   It makes me not want to try for event girls.   I mean before  it was no big deal to drop a few combat points to try for one, but now with my main source of income more than halved i just don't want to anymore.   

I think i am done with the game until they do something about this.    I can get my fix of badly written dialogue and ripped off plot lines elsewhere.

Edited by Toastedmilk
  • Thanks 1

One thing I've noticed is that when you lose PvP you get more xp than if you win. Currently I'm lv38 and when I win I only get 3-4xp but losing i get at least 20. Noticed it last night when I gained a lv after losing and started tracking my xp to be sure. The more I play the more okay I am with the changes, at least for newer players. By sounds of it all they really need to do is tweak a few things like how much the highest lv boss pays out and the PvP matching system and the update isn't so bad.

11 hours ago, MisterCat said:

So I've done about a dozen battles now, and find that the opponent matching doesn't seem to do a good job.  Prior to the update, arena battles weren't difficult, and I'd win 80-90%.  Like many here I didn't fight a lot, but would just for variety.  I think I have a record of 3 and 9, mostly fighting opponents 10-16 levels higher, and with 6-10k more hit points.  I haven't really looked at how even the 3 battle scores are, but given the margin of defeat, they aren't close.  The win-loss ratio makes arena battles unappealing at the moment.

i agree. today i had somebody with lvl 56 (i am lvl 186) on the other side there was sb with lvl 200. i still try to figure out how opponents r choosen but i dont find a clear line in that. it seems total random. also the ego dont seems an indicator. sometimes he has 50k next time there is sb with 100k.

On 2/5/2018 at 5:31 PM, Chthugha said:

so they are happy with people being angry. they expected it because they knew the changes were not gonna make people happy?
you should post this in the feedback thread. I would just LOVE to see what people think of this. sounds great that they make changes that they know will upset players. 

please, i beg you, post this in that thread. i would love the reactions ^_^

On 2/5/2018 at 6:36 PM, Asherandai said:

Every update causes outrage. Remember the affection update? That went on for weeks, even though it was pretty much exactly what a lot of people were asking for prior to the update.

You mean the Worthless Gifts that were worth 3 points? is that what you mean? 
the update that had to be CHANGED because of how AWFUL it was? that affection update? that was such a winning update wasn't it. an update that didn't last a couple of weeks and they had to Change it back because of how terrible it was.

Yeah. that update was a winner. B| that update was so amazing they had to change it right away.... those 3 point gifts were really amazing. you are SO correct! 

every bigger update i saw tillnow means to roll back and after u need to spend lot of time again u r about at the same stage like before the update. i not really understand what the devs r thinking. if this would enable new function or better gameplay i would have understand but this only sucks. when i read the annoncement (before the update was up) was hoping for a nice improvement like more money or better ballancing, but it just went worse again :( 

The part that hurts me is just the super long refill time on the combat gauge. I mean thankfully I got the event girls before the patch was put in place, but I can't imagine how frustrating it will be for myself and some others to burn all 20 points and get nothing out of it. Worst if it is on those short time events. Collectors are crazy like that.

Well I feel like they have broken the game i use to be able to battle 40-60 times a day witched helped a lot in leveling girls, and unless i'm going to sit here for 12 hrs straight, i get to battle maybe 4 times a day. So i think this new system sucks, and will cause this game to loose a lot of players. Grats for breaking the game.

2 hours ago, Bazurel said:

The part that hurts me is just the super long refill time on the combat gauge. I mean thankfully I got the event girls before the patch was put in place, but I can't imagine how frustrating it will be for myself and some others to burn all 20 points and get nothing out of it. Worst if it is on those short time events. Collectors are crazy like that.

Lucky you, i have 14 combat points and just got into ninja village, imagine how i feel about getting Bunny