Patch-notes 28/03/18 Discussion

Just now, jacktim said:

About what i said about the girls was based on what happened to me but im anoyyed that i been fighitng a max level dark lord repeatly and i almost got up to 60 fights

hit the button too soon as i was saying i got to almost 60 fights and not got her 

On 3/29/2018 at 5:55 AM, dirty harry said:

But what was implemented yesterday resulted in the following data showing a rise in purchasecost for XP by 170 % at half game.

The old upgrade formula per level was 5×1.0099^(CurrentLevel−1) and the new formula is 10×1.0075^(Current Level−1). So you can see that the first upgrade from level 1 to level 2 went from 5 XP to 10 XP but the rate of increase per level was reduced. In fact to go from level 399 to 400 went from 253 XP to 196 XP which is quite a bit lower. So my calculations show that to fully upgrade a new girl from level 1 to 400 went from 25427 XP to 25146 XP which is pretty close to being the same. So when the Devs say that they redistributed it, you should believe them. 

You feel like you are paying more now because you are. But you will be paying less later on. The pivot point is somewhere around  levels 290-294. Players above 294 will now be paying less to upgrade.

The fact that you have a spreadsheet shows me that you really like the game. I do too. The Devs are trying to make the game better. Even little changes causes a domino effect in the mechanics. Lets give them time to work out these new updates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PlusIon said:

The old upgrade formula per level was 5×1.0099^(CurrentLevel−1) and the new formula is 10×1.0075^(Current Level−1). So you can see that the first upgrade from level 1 to level 2 went from 5 XP to 10 XP but the rate of increase per level was reduced. In fact to go from level 399 to 400 went from 253 XP to 196 XP which is quite a bit lower. So my calculations show that to fully upgrade a new girl from level 1 to 400 went from 25427 XP to 25146 XP which is pretty close to being the same. So when the Devs say that they redistributed it, you should believe them. 

You feel like you are paying more now because you are. But you will be paying less later on. The pivot point is somewhere around  levels 290-294. Players above 294 will now be paying less to upgrade.

The fact that you have a spreadsheet shows me that you really like the game. I do too. The Devs are trying to make the game better. Even little changes causes a domino effect in the mechanics. Lets give them time to work out these new updates.

No.  Just no.  No way to spin this to make the devs look good.

First, I believe the frustration here is not that the change was made.  Changes need to made, that's fine.  It's that the change was made without notice.  And people have a right to be mad, because the books are less valuable.

The argument that you "pay more now but pay less later" is a joke.  The pivot point is level 294?  Well, that's great.  Take a look at the leaderboard.  You see where the highest leveled player in the world is level 261?  Yeah.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, PlusIon said:

5 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

No.  Just no.  No way to spin this to make the devs look good.

First, I believe the frustration here is not that the change was made.  Changes need to made, that's fine.  It's that the change was made without notice.  And people have a right to be mad, because the books are less valuable.

The argument that you "pay more now but pay less later" is a joke.  The pivot point is level 294?  Well, that's great.  Take a look at the leaderboard.  You see where the highest leveled player in the world is level 261?  Yeah.

@YoyoHH

@PlusIon

Nice to see such diametrical opposing views. Believe it or not, I understand both sides. -_-¬¬

On the one hand.

As it is players progress way too fast through the game and the developers need to find a way to slow them down so they can keep up with development. It's a hassle to do this and even more so, to do it evenly so that neither newbees nor veterans feel shortchanged (too much). Most complaints I come across are derived from a feeling  that the complainer has been done wrong where the complainer has little consideration for players that are at a different stage of the game.O.o

On the other hand.

This is a game of the long haul and ppl plan for it. Most choices you had, have been stripped since the patches started in February. So what's left is strategyplay to feel you have some control left over the game. Surprises like this create a fair bit of unnecessary frustration. :(

Also, the validity of YoyoHH's point is without recourse. By Pluslon's calculation the pivot point in the - pay now, get back later change - is at a lvl no player is, nor will be at for months, since end of game players don't know what to do with their energy points.:|

I know I might sound ambivalent but all I do is trying to make sense of it all and find a reason to keep playing this game. Since I have less and less control over how to play the game - we all are more or less forced to take the same path -the only thing that keeps me playing at the moment is that some veterans are stuck in their ways and simply refuse to see the merits of PvP play, aka arena fights. To capture the kobans from under their noses in contests is one of the few rewards left in gameplay.:P

Keep playing, have fun, play nice.

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 3

Whether the xp reqs are front loaded or back loaded, does it really matter? I was routinely bopping some level 1 girl with an orange book to get her to level 60 or so, instantly, in order to win certain contests. Meanwhile, my actual team was perpetually maxed; my only decision was whether I should go into that UI every time I leveled in order to feed each one another 20-point book or so. XP was never in short supply; affection was (and still is). If anything, I was deliberately withholding books from most of the harem until they counted for a contest.

The reqs are higher for me now at my level - about 160. However, the arena is now awarding xp for wins, which means my team is leveling automatically. About ten wins does it. This has actually resulted in less hassle for me. And the contest game is mucked the same way for all players, so its effect is neutral. The only gripe I have is that I don't know exactly how much xp I need to level a new girl straight to 160 or so, unless I look at one of them right after my own level goes up (they show as "MAX" otherwise). And I can get around that by looking at someone I stopped leveling at around 150.

A few days ago I said this change to xp was understandably bad, since it nerfed books we might have used right before it appeared. But after having thought about it, and the fact that we only really care about maxing out about three girls for now, I'm much less bothered about it.

Edited by Hollo
berf