Patch-notes 28/03/18 Discussion

39 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

98720 a day?  That's IF the wins go perfectly in my favor and I can tell you right no I can't win 16 fights a day.  And that amount of money?  My harem brings in that much.  I'm closing in on making 100,000 off my harem alone.  Also that's 5 affection if you're fighting anyone in the 200-250 range, I'm 181 and not getting paired with anyone that high, and if i did, i'd loose.  And this still doesn't account for the fact that it's 5 affection for the each girl in the battle, when in total they need thousands of affection.

You want to do math?  Let's do this then.  My Abrael needs 26,350 affection still.  If we go with the best case scenario and I'm making 5 affection off pvp, that'll take 5,270 fights to max her.

My cheapest girl on affection is 735, she'll take 147 fights.

OR I just buy one purple affection item and she's done.

Now tell me again how this isn't a waste of time.

I'm about level 160, and I have no problem getting 16; if anything, I'm winning somewhere around 25. Which makes me wonder what you're doing. I don't think the game is going to be that different only 20 levels higher.

They do need thousands of points in affection, but the point here isn't to grind that exclusively from arena. Arena affection just reduces it a little - by around $50k per day, per girl. (Or about $40k at the 150-200 range.)

Like, I'll agree they could probably double the affection reward and not break the game. But $80-100k in exchange for slightly fewer arena wins is better than $0k.

A purple item is irrelevant. Whether it gives you 700 affection or 27000, it's still costing you $417 per point. Your harem income is more interesting - at level 160, I too am somewhere in the $80-90k range - but I'm only raking that in every 90 minutes or so, modulo being at work. Again, this is just to save some money, and depending on one's schedule, it's somewhere in the 4-10% range, which is low IMO, but reasonable.

I'll agree I could put more effort into PVP, but that's the problem.  Spend my money on gear for arena to win a few points of affection (and that's if they even have gear i can use in stock).  And unlike affection items, gear items continue to climb in price as you level up.  or spend my money on affection items at static prices and stick to grinding easy to beat bosses. 

Maybe you've stayed up to date on your stuff maybe you got good legendary gear that isn't nerfed, I haven't looked for your profile so I don't know.  And maybe you prioritized getting all your girls to 3 stars and leveled them evenly, I haven't.  Maybe you got more girls than me, I'm at 59 right now.  There's any number of reasons why you do better than me, and I'm not making excuses for why I loose in arena or why i'm not making more than you, i'm just explaining why it's the way it is and why I play the way I do.

To me what I can save from arena isn't worth it or even noticeable, this was not the incentive I needed to play arena more, the daily rewards alone barely make me try.  I'll play for whatever little i can get, but 1-5 points is just another slap in the face and insulting to imply it's helping in any meaningful way.

i do not like xp for girls from arena because want to decide when to participate in contest and I prefer better gifts instead of points of affection because it does not seem right to fight with girls without stars. Everything else is excellent :)

Edited by G0ku
add

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

I'll agree I could put more effort into PVP, but that's the problem.  Spend my money on gear for arena to win a few points of affection (and that's if they even have gear i can use in stock).  And unlike affection items, gear items continue to climb in price as you level up.  or spend my money on affection items at static prices and stick to grinding easy to beat bosses. 

Hmm. I did assume your gear was decent. Mine was pretty good, kinda by default, between getting full sets of legendaries from events, and random drops. If your gear is all scattershot, this might explain it.

For the record, I bit the bullet and went full main stat (with currently one exception, a purple all-around item that beat the pure stat item I had at the time). Ignore endurance and crit rate; those go up by themselves with your main stat. Non-main stats seem to give defense against other schools, so they're not completely worthless, but they're also probably not worth the money to raise. I check the market for upgrades, but right now, everything happens to be near my level and gold (or purple), so while I occasionally see upgrades in the market, they're typically $200k for maybe 30 stat points, so I skip those. For the past 20 or so levels, by the time I'm high enough that an old item is truly obsolete, another drop pops up that ends up being a suitable upgrade, for free. So it's been worth the money for me, given that it was pretty cheap. You might have luck on that front, provided you keep an eye out. If it's, say, a 50% upgrade over the previous item, I'd buy it. Dunno if you've been bothering with that. You could also pump your main stat directly.

Just in case you're wondering, I'm just under level 160, with about 7500 charm and 61k ego. Pumping my main stat will currently cost me $115. Consequently, I'm winning most of the matches at my level, which drop either items (boosts which you could probably sell, affection, and xp), or cash. At the end of the day, I think I'm averaging around $8k per win. Which I would guess is about $6k per match, since I lose some. And that's around $150k per day (I have a tab open that I look at every half hour while I'm at the computer anyway).

Edited by Hollo

What will the Affection amount be for battles?

is it going to be 3 point affection or 7? I hope it was at least 25 or 30 per fight. 

I really really wish that affection gifts of 3 and 7 points would disappear from the game. Specially on daily missions. I really dont want to see low affection gifts show up as rewards in daily missions. they are depressing to see 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nbgv said:

Dude, your main stat cost you to upgrade only 115$? I really hope you are joking right now, its like you didn't even started to upgrade it at all. Mine costs ~3500 and I didn't even bought it that much and mine 2k hardcore defense cost me $2k right now, so you just really didn't bought it at all or like near to 0.

Heh. I'm not joking. And yes, I know I've barely started on it. Right about the time I thought to do it, I was saving up for that huge $19M upgrade for Abrael, so everything was pretty much sucked into that. And now I'm saving for Noemy. ...Or now, probably one of the non-charm girls, since I figure I'll use arenas to farm charm affection.

In a way, this is good news. It means you don't have to spend hundreds of thousands on stat pumping to be viable in arena.

45 minutes ago, jyepie said:

What will the Affection amount be for battles?

is it going to be 3 point affection or 7? I hope it was at least 25 or 30 per fight. 

I really really wish that affection gifts of 3 and 7 points would disappear from the game. Specially on daily missions. I really dont want to see low affection gifts show up as rewards in daily missions. they are depressing to see 

Chthugha reported on it upthread. Unfortunately, it's about 1-5 affection per girl, per match. It depends on your level; if you're 200+, I think, it'll be 5 on every match.

That's on the test server; there's a nonzero chance they'll tweak it upward before release (it'd be easy enough to do based on feedback, which here seems to be that it needs to be higher). Still, that's up to 15 affection total per arena match, which is over $6000 in affection, or about $33000 per hour, even if you lose.

1 minute ago, Hollo said:

Chthugha reported on it upthread. Unfortunately, it's about 1-5 affection per girl, per match. It depends on your level; if you're 200+, I think, it'll be 5 on every match.

That's on the test server; there's a nonzero chance they'll tweak it upward before release (it'd be easy enough to do based on feedback, which here seems to be that it needs to be higher). Still, that's up to 15 affection total per arena match, which is over $6000 in affection, or about $33000 per hour, even if you lose.

no, you only gain affection if you win :P

58 minutes ago, happygokill1930 said:

Was there any mention as to where? You can find the 2 cop girls are they boss drops or pachinko drops?

They're epic pachinko only harem members but they will always be in there for you to get since they're not limited time only like event harem members.

4 hours ago, darkone said:

Kinkoid posted on the first page of this topic that they're investigating what is causing the problem so they can fix it.

Il y a 6 heures, Asherandai a dit :

Finally the part I know everyone has been waiting for (including me). I hope the affection gains are not going to be too small to bother with, otherwise it'll be another waste of a good idea. Of course I'm not expecting them to be huge either.

Chthugha gave the amount of affection some posts earlier.

They are not big. But it's normal, because they are stated by Kinkoid to be calculated to fit the reworked affection system that should land in the game within a few weeks.

So, wait to have the whole picture before to fetch the forks and torchs :D

Il y a 6 heures, BananaJoy a dit :

as i said: near nothing. total waste of working time to programm this. this small amount dont make any big difference at all.

See above :)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kassander said:

What happens if a girl already has maximum experience or affection?

Girl has both full affection & XP: that girl gains nothing from the PvP fights.
Girl has full affection, but not full XP: that girl gains XP from the PvP fights.
Girl has full XP, but not full affection: that girl gains affection from the PvP fights.

And this is done for every girl independently.
So if you use a max XP+affection girl as alpha, the other two can still gain affection and/or XP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It amazes me.  I haven't heard anything about money, xp, or item drops changing in pvp.  So, as far as we know, the added affection and xp your battle team gains are direct additions to the arena.

All we hear every day is people complaining that they don't have enough money and that upgrade costs are too high.  The devs have now instituted a new mechanic which gives us FREE additional affection and costs us NOTHING.  Simultaneously, this will create opportunities to customize your battle team, give you way more options to decide how to upgrade your girls, and pump some variety into the girls we see in battles.  This is a home run.

And yet so many of the responses here are complaints about how it's not enough.

Edited by YoyoHH

24 minutes ago, YoyoHH said:

The devs have now instituted a new mechanic which gives us FREE additional affection and costs us NOTHING.  Simultaneously, this will create opportunities to customize your battle team, give you way more options to decide how to upgrade your girls, and pump some variety into the girls we see in battles.  This is a home run.

To be fair, it's possible to get a free improvement that is still so miniscule that it's effectively lost in the noise. I don't think this is lost in the noise, but there's also a case to be made that there are players who haven't gotten into arena, that still won't, and therefore this improvement isn't enough. So I wouldn't call this a home run, although from my perspective, I'd call it at least a solid double.

1 hour ago, YoyoHH said:

Simultaneously, this will create opportunities to customize your battle team, give you way more options to decide how to upgrade your girls, and pump some variety into the girls we see in battles.

IF you care about PvP to *any* degree.

Which, since there are zero girl-drops, *I* for one, do not. Sure, now that it's free I'll think about doing a few battles if I'm around and I think about it. Mainly from the viewpoint of a beta tester to provide feedback will I give new updates a run, BUT care about it? Nope. Nada. Not the battles, not my rankings, zilch. PvP battles do nothing to get me more girls, and THAT is my prime motivation to playing this game. All I care about my Harem is making it larger, all I care about my battle team is they be strong enough to defeat Bosses so I can grind girls from them.

Even though I'm Hardcore, my preferred girl is Scheherazade. My goal is to get at least three versions of her so I can have a battle team comprised of her and a couple of her "identical tribe sisters". Which, thanks to Spring Shehera, I'm now 2/3 there…

Edited by Masters