Patch-notes 28/03/18 Discussion

7 hours ago, Hollo said:

Chthugha reported on it upthread. Unfortunately, it's about 1-5 affection per girl, per match. It depends on your level; if you're 200+, I think, it'll be 5 on every match.

That's on the test server; there's a nonzero chance they'll tweak it upward before release (it'd be easy enough to do based on feedback, which here seems to be that it needs to be higher). Still, that's up to 15 affection total per arena match, which is over $6000 in affection, or about $33000 per hour, even if you lose.

15 is better than nothing i guess 

But i dont think it will worth putting lower girls to get affection because then you will just lose battles.

I dont understand the appeal to get only 5 points affectiin per fight wjen the odds of losing will be greater

6 hours ago, Tristelune said:

Chthugha gave the amount of affection some posts earlier.

They are not big. But it's normal, because they are stated by Kinkoid to be calculated to fit the reworked affection system that should land in the game within a few weeks.

So, wait to have the whole picture before to fetch the forks and torchs :D

See above :)

This is the first I've heard that they are reworking the affection system (again.)  Seriously this is like what the 3rd time or so now?  Well last rework wasn't bad in that it instituted caps on the scaling costs, so hopefully this one will be welcomed news when it hits.  I still remember the first firestorm that hit from the update back in like august or september.

7 hours ago, Tristelune said:

They are not big. But it's normal, because they are stated by Kinkoid to be calculated to fit the reworked affection system that should land in the game within a few weeks.

i'm really curious what this will be. making everything more expensive again or really fixing the economy problematics? to me it sounds more like menace than redemption.

Edited by Habi

13 hours ago, OverHeated said:
  • New players that will recruit their 7th girl will receive 3 days of the monthly card as a trial
  • Players that already have more than 7 girls will receive the trial at their first connection
  • Players that already have a monthly card active will receive 3 additional days

Or you meant the date?
2018-03-28

the date I was looking for 

1 hour ago, F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o said:

Plz...If you can change the rules several times during the game, why not change the story ???

The story is NOT HAREM, it's just ORGY. The protagonist allows other men to touch their girls.

Plz!!! Change the story!!!

Three problems with this argument.  The most basic is that this is either called Harem Heroes or Hentai Heroes, depending on if you play on nutaku or not.  So don't take the title too literally.  Also there's nothing that says harem girls can't be shared.

Second is changing the story would undo everything we've already seen and would set everyone back. Even if we didn't have to play through the story levels again, we'd still at least need to re-read everything to understand what was changed.  Typically in games like this you don't retcon everything, and half the point of the game is defeating many of these guys to get their harem members because they don't treat them right, with a few exceptions, like the king. (and even then you can get his girls now, one of them, kimmie, has always been up for grabs)

Third is restructuring the entire story, even if everyone and the devs agreed with this, would be a massive time sink that they don't have time for.  I don't know how long you've been playing, but if you havn't seen, they don't release the next scrolls except every 2 weeks or so.  That's on top of adding more girls on a regular basis, making their poses, and their affection scenes.  They don't have time to rework the story.

TL;DR it's too much work and you're taking the harem heroes title too literally.

7 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Three problems with this argument.  The most basic is that this is either called Harem Heroes or Hentai Heroes, depending on if you play on nutaku or not.  So don't take the title too literally.  Also there's nothing that says harem girls can't be shared.

Second is changing the story would undo everything we've already seen and would set everyone back. Even if we didn't have to play through the story levels again, we'd still at least need to re-read everything to understand what was changed.  Typically in games like this you don't retcon everything, and half the point of the game is defeating many of these guys to get their harem members because they don't treat them right, with a few exceptions, like the king. (and even then you can get his girls now, one of them, kimmie, has always been up for grabs)

Third is restructuring the entire story, even if everyone and the devs agreed with this, would be a massive time sink that they don't have time for.  I don't know how long you've been playing, but if you havn't seen, they don't release the next scrolls except every 2 weeks or so.  That's on top of adding more girls on a regular basis, making their poses, and their affection scenes.  They don't have time to rework the story.

TL;DR it's too much work and you're taking the harem heroes title too literally.

Sorry, but you are very wrong!

(1) Harem is just the wedding with several women. It has no historical relation to adultery or netore. And... adultery is rejected by all societies in human history.

(2) They can open a new game.

(3) Changing history does not require so much work. If you want, I'll write it myself. Just give the deadline the rules. I do it for free!

Tks for answering.

6 minutes ago, F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o said:

(1) Harem is just the wedding with several women. It has no historical relation to adultery or netore. And... adultery is rejected by all societies in human history.

(3) Changing history does not require so much work. If you want, I'll write it myself. Just give the deadline the rules. I do it for free!

Tks for answering.

Ok, if we're going to go that route and you're going to call me out on being wrong, and if we REALLY want to define 'harem' then let's just look up the wiki article on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem

From what I can find, harem was considered a sacred place for women only, a place of seclusion and protection.  If you want to go with the historically accurate description of a harem, then the MC should not be fucking every girl that joins him if we go with the origin point in Arabic culture.  The page even says it's been turned into a fantasy that doesn't reflect the truth.  The most extreme versions in history came from the aztec, indian, chinese, and egyptian cultures.  Also if we really wanna ruin this fantasy then here's a fact for you.  They even mention in a few spots about common members from said aztec, indian, and chinese and egyptian cultures, being concubines Eunices and servant girls.  Let that last one sink in, 'servant girls'.  Or better known as sex slaves.  That's right, ancient sex trafficking.  Now how's that for killing the harem fantasy?  Still want this game to reflect a true harem in the purest historical sense?

Also you mention adultery.  The MC is sleeping with several women, wouldn't that be considered adultery?  And if you don't consider that adultery, then why do you consider it adultery for the women to sleep with several men, but not for the MC to sleep with several women?  And netore?  WHERE in this game does that happen?  At what point does the MC get cuckholded?

I'm not even going to bother refuting the second and third comment because it's honestly too stupid to even give a response to.  But tell ya what, you get a team together and re-write the story to your liking, with full illustrations, and we'll see how fast you get it done since you volunteered, you can even start a thread and post your comic as you complete pages for it.

57 minutes ago, F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o said:

Tks for answering.

Hello, dear @F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o,

I see your point. 
Yet, there's no real description for the word ''Harem''. It was one thing in the past, it's considered to be a whole different thing now. 
If you have such problems with the title, why not move to Hentai Heroes? :) 
Opening a new game? Yes, we can. But, please don't think it such an easy thing to do!
Changing history does not require so much work? I hope our scenarist won't hear! He will scream and run away from this post ;) You can not go and change stories like that!

Thank you!
Jessie Kinkoid

23 hours ago, Arden said:

What else does the monthly card do aside from giving free 60 kobans per day?

The monthly card is of great benefit if you are trying to accumulate cash

As an example let say your harem earns about $200000 per 12 hour period with the monthly

card it can earn about $500000 because you can cash in as soon as your harem girls has earned some money

for free

Without the card you are charged 12 kobans per cash in.

Why not? All speculations aside, here's another one. O.o

I expect the legendary girl to be a girl which class can be chosen freely.

Why? Because almost at the same time the affection per battle will be introduced. And since there are a lot of players whose sole purpose is to max out the girls as soon as they get them - even though they have known for weeks now that the affection patch is coming - having a girl which is not maxed out gives them something to shoot for. A fact that will also minimize complaints about the perceived uselesness of the affection. Be assured, even with this legendary girl such complaints will still arise because there's just no pleasing some >:(ppl.

If this speculation turns out to be true, my hat off to the devs for good ppl management.B|

(and we'll see which players should apply for anger management:D)

So let me get this straight:  In order to gain xp/affection for girls in pvp we have to not only win, but also win with girls that aren't maxed?  Got it.  So if we are at end game with 200+ levels, we need a ringer as our alpha in order to have out beta/omega girls ride coattail and hope that we can compete with egos north of 75K?  Exactly how is this promoting variety/diversity in pvp when to win still either relies on the same time-tested combos (and earning nothing) or requires pumping affection/xp (self-defeating) into new girls to make them viable to compete?  I'll happily adjust my entire setup to show a bunch of level 1 harem members but I seriously doubt the matchmaking system will adjust my opponents accordingly.  Unless I'm missing something again, this doesn't benefit late game players to the slightest.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chthugha said:

for the ones interested in the gains from Arena battles:
as far as I could tell, it will be a good amount in xp (enough to level your battle girls to max level again before the next level up), but the affection will be small right now.
as far as I could gather from the test server, it's:
lvl opponent           affection gain             xp gain
1-50                         1                                   1
51-100                    2                                   2
101-150                  3                                   3
151-200                  4                                   4
201-250                  5                                   5
So the xp should keep your girls leveled, as you don't need that much anyway, but the affection isn't all that much.
However, if you have girls that need to be upgraded to the 5th star still, then every 5 affection gained is a reduction on the total cost of 2085.
If you do the 16 won battles thing a day, you gain 80 affection per girl, which is worth 33360.
You can do similar things for lower level players. It's a small amount, but every little amount helps.
You can just keep your good Alpha and put girls in need of affection on omega or beta and omega.
Their stats only matter when they enter battle, which in most cases doesn't even happen.

If its that small I very much doubt it will be worth using other girls to increase their affection. I currently get around 5,500 from a win, and using weaker girls will likely increase losses quite a bit depending on how many people are training girls. So overall it would be a net loss... unless... do we still get the affection for the girls if we lose? I assumed it was only on win, but I could be wrong. 

Also once rewards for ToF are introduced (assuming that happens) the loss in rankings, and therefore rewards, could easily tip the balance further away from training girls. I was expecting something in the region of 10-25, likely the lower end, for it to have value alongside all the other factors of the game, these figures make me doubt it's worth and I feel it's going to be just another good idea that quickly falls to wayside because it has too little value. 

But as always, I'll wait to see it practice. This is just an impression I get from the figures.

As a note, to go from 4 star to 5 star would take a whopping 7000 battles! That's not counting the 1 star to 4 star cost, and assuming you're in the range to get 5 affection each time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, top_gun92 said:

So let me get this straight:  In order to gain xp/affection for girls in pvp we have to not only win, but also win with girls that aren't maxed?  Got it.  So if we are at end game with 200+ levels, we need a ringer as our alpha in order to have out beta/omega girls ride coattail and hope that we can compete with egos north of 75K?  Exactly how is this promoting variety/diversity in pvp when to win still either relies on the same time-tested combos (and earning nothing) or requires pumping affection/xp (self-defeating) into new girls to make them viable to compete?  I'll happily adjust my entire setup to show a bunch of level 1 harem members but I seriously doubt the matchmaking system will adjust my opponents accordingly.  Unless I'm missing something again, this doesn't benefit late game players to the slightest.

If, like you, others will rearrange their girls you may end up pitted against those. That should make it interesting even at end of game. But I don't think the reworking of the game and all the patches we had - and are going to have are geared towards that relatively small group of players that are at end of game. The whole thing seems to propagate a slower progression through the game for beginners and in order to keep up with writing new levels/worlds.

17 hours ago, Tristelune said:

Chthugha gave the amount of affection some posts earlier.

See above :)

I literally just read them and replied before reading your post xD

I never expected them to be that big, neither did I expect them to be that small... or should I say I hoped they would not be that small.

I've not heard about any rework to affection, but assuming that's true it would be no problem to use a larger figure now and adjust it when the new system is implemented. That makes me doubt it is any better for the new system... if there even is one in the works.

3 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

Ok, if we're going to go that route and you're going to call me out on being wrong, and if we REALLY want to define 'harem' then let's just look up the wiki article on it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harem

From what I can find, harem was considered a sacred place for women only, a place of seclusion and protection.  If you want to go with the historically accurate description of a harem, then the MC should not be fucking every girl that joins him if we go with the origin point in Arabic culture.  The page even says it's been turned into a fantasy that doesn't reflect the truth.  The most extreme versions in history came from the aztec, indian, chinese, and egyptian cultures.  Also if we really wanna ruin this fantasy then here's a fact for you.  They even mention in a few spots about common members from said aztec, indian, and chinese and egyptian cultures, being concubines Eunices and servant girls.  Let that last one sink in, 'servant girls'.  Or better known as sex slaves.  That's right, ancient sex trafficking.  Now how's that for killing the harem fantasy?  Still want this game to reflect a true harem in the purest historical sense?

Also you mention adultery.  The MC is sleeping with several women, wouldn't that be considered adultery?  And if you don't consider that adultery, then why do you consider it adultery for the women to sleep with several men, but not for the MC to sleep with several women?  And netore?  WHERE in this game does that happen?  At what point does the MC get cuckholded?

I'm not even going to bother refuting the second and third comment because it's honestly too stupid to even give a response to.  But tell ya what, you get a team together and re-write the story to your liking, with full illustrations, and we'll see how fast you get it done since you volunteered, you can even start a thread and post your comic as you complete pages for it.

Sorry, but ...

(1) You confuse

Polygamy with orgy and adultery.

and

Marriage with slavery.

(2) If women sleep with other men, there is no harem. It's just orgy.

(3) Do you know Solomon? 700 wives and 300 concumbinas.

Tks for answering

2 hours ago, JessieChan said:

Hello, dear @F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o,

I see your point. 
Yet, there's no real description for the word ''Harem''. It was one thing in the past, it's considered to be a whole different thing now. 
If you have such problems with the title, why not move to Hentai Heroes? :) 
Opening a new game? Yes, we can. But, please don't think it such an easy thing to do!
Changing history does not require so much work? I hope our scenarist won't hear! He will scream and run away from this post ;) You can not go and change stories like that!

Thank you!
Jessie Kinkoid

Jessie,

Yes, hentai heroes is a good definition for the game.

My "disagreement" is just about the definition of harem in the game.

And thanks for the reply.

16 minutes ago, F.e.r.n.a.n.d.o said:

Jessie,

Yes, hentai heroes is a good definition for the game.

My "disagreement" is just about the definition of harem in the game.

And thanks for the reply.

hentai heroes is the original name of the game and that fits the story line as pointed out

and true the MC does not have a harem, harem was a place where no man but the husband was allowed

thats why ancient cultures employed many eunuchs (dudes with their you-know-what cut off) to serve in palaces to prevent the harem from being defiled by other men

only the husband would have access to these women in the harem

think story from One thousand and one nights, when the ruler found out that other men slept with his harem he had all of them killed

historically harem does not equal orgy, when other men touched members of the harem, they would usually be executed, because harem is sacred = no other men allowed

but i play Hentai Heroes, and the title is true to what is happening in the game, almost every character in the story is a hentai and the story is comical and I enjoy reading it, kudos to the writer

• Thanks 1

You know what?  This is off topic, I'm just going to let this go and say carefully read the wiki article i posted about harems as well as this one here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

It even states at the top that this can be a man married to several women, a woman married to several men, or a group marriage of many men and women, which would naturally lead to an orgy. 

These terms are all more closely related than you think.  Now can we move on from this discussion of semantics or are you going to keep denying what the actual definitions are?

On 3/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, JessieChan said:

Hello, dear all!

This is the place to discuss our latest Patch-notes! :) 

I am waiting for your feedback!

Jessie Kinkoid

Thx for the card trial. seem's like overall a nice update. 

(Villains Now, before the combat, villains will display the exact amount of money they reward when they are beaten) Thought this was already done if i fight fanilmecia it already shows i'm going to get  26,5k, if i fight Breman it already shows i'm going to make  8,700k 

Now i really like the idea for exp and affection to be gained for girls in pvp. But. wouldn't it be better to fix pvp first. I'm tired of losing battles i should't lose it happens all the time. and its always a way bigger loss of mojo then what i'd gain for the win  (see images examples, i've got tons more just like it)(note the one with a win and loss).

hentnew.png

hentnew2.png

hentnew3.png

Edited by nids

8 minutes ago, nids said:

Now i really like the idea for exp and affection to be gained for girls in pvp. But. wouldn't it be better to fix pvp first. I'm tired of losing battles i should't lose it happens all the time. and its always a way bigger loss of mojo then what i'd gain for the win  (see images examples, i've got tons more just like it)(note the one with a win and loss)

The fights tend to be unpredictable due to critical hit mechanic in the game, opponent that crit 3 times in a row could defeat someone with twice the stats. losing to "weaker" opponents suck and i feel ur pain, but to be honest i don't know how this could be "fixed'. getting rid of crit mechanic would make fights more predictable, but don't think that is a good idea imho

nice team by the way, maxed best knowhow girls eh

22 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

The fights tend to be unpredictable due to critical hit mechanic in the game, opponent that crit 3 times in a row could defeat someone with twice the stats. losing to "weaker" opponents suck and i feel ur pain, but to be honest i don't know how this could be "fixed'. getting rid of crit mechanic would make fights more predictable, but don't think that is a good idea imho

the percentage of these as you say unpredictable critical hit losses is to high, and i rarely fight people within 7k ego below me just because of it. 

Thanks, yes i like my team. 

35 minutes ago, CharlesFrancis said:

As soon as they have the last update to complete this list

a lot in the fights will change.

5 minutes ago, nids said:

the percentage of these as you say unpredictable critical hit losses is to high, and i rarely fight people within 7k ego below me just because of it. 

Thanks, yes i like my team. 

The pictures in your other post showed that all of them were hardcore whereas you are knowhow. Hardcore has 20% bonus against knowhow, so your one win was really lucky on your part.

• Thanks 1