Non-Defensive Pact

Urist

Some ppl are werid. They dont calculate.

Example - 1st Day of league - Winner gain 100 kobans , after 2h we see ppl who spend over 400 to spam run fights.

Funny part is you can run all 300 fights in 14 Days without using kobans. (14 x 24 = 336)

So if you wearing crap eq on you cutting your chance to win,

On test server are  ppl who spam all fights in like 1h when total koban they use was bigger than 1st prize.

So if you think ppl will be reasonable playing you wrong :)

u cant compare the ts with the live servers. there a round was 1 day before they resetted. and there was more reasons to go for high placed except kobans. promoting fast in the next leage would give u better rewards. anyways. i dont understand this defensive pack at all. whats good to weaken the own defensive if u r loosing ranks for that. for the league it is the stupiest thing u can do anyways. if its a tie the one who got the the score first get higher ranked. so doing it fast is not always a bad choice

37 minutes ago, Neyln said:

Some ppl are werid. They dont calculate.

Example - 1st Day of league - Winner gain 100 kobans , after 2h we see ppl who spend over 400 to spam run fights.

Funny part is you can run all 300 fights in 14 Days without using kobans. (14 x 24 = 336)

On test server are  ppl who spam all fights in like 1h when total koban they use was bigger than 1st prize.

I know ppl can be weird, some just want to be noticed. And if you have no noticable skills you can always buy attention or run for president (even if you're tweeting mad)

18 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

u cant compare the ts with the live servers. there a round was 1 day before they resetted. and there was more reasons to go for high placed except kobans. promoting fast in the next leage would give u better rewards. anyways. i dont understand this defensive pack at all. whats good to weaken the own defensive if u r loosing ranks for that. for the league it is the stupiest thing u can do anyways. if its a tie the one who got the the score first get higher ranked. so doing it fast is not always a bad choice

You're not actually losing ranks with the non-defesive pact, others just get an easy win and gain mojo (whenever that becomes important) and thus you yourself can gain more mojo next time you fight them. Also you can up girls you'd normally never use. But the leagues may make a difference, just dunno how (yet).

Edited by dirty harry

21 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

I can compare.
There is no reason on Test server run all fight with kobans after 1h from start when you going have another 18 free fights loosing whole day (esp when top 1 prize is 100 kobans :D )

Same there is no reason on normal serwer to spam fights after 2h of start when you still got 13 full days to fight.

Each action made you lose more than you win.

Weel, to answer you @dirty harry, i am currently not going back to put a weak girl in alpha, but it's more a question of time saving (and many errors lately), than a strategic issue. 

The fact is, with the actual leagues system, i have the feeling every strong player is isolated in a weak league of 99-101 'non pvp oriented' or low level players... So, even if you make yourself weaker, they'll still lose to you. And all of us should easily win our own leagues, in the time we have on front of us. (simply because we just play more than them, will be enough in fact, to beat them just by fighting more...).

In the months to come, as we'll progress, it will be a challenging question to answer. As much as i love the non defensive pact's principles, it will eventually go against our best chances in the leagues... Even if we are not losing anything by lowering our fighting skills, we offer other players a chance of gaining points they would not if we were full battle geared... 

(sorry if i'm blabbering... lack of sleep lately is taking a toll on me...)  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

i dont understand this defensive pack at all. whats good to weaken the own defensive if u r loosing ranks for that. for the league it is the stupiest thing u can do anyways. if its a tie the one who got the the score first get higher ranked. so doing it fast is not always a bad choice

Are you talking about ToF rankings? Because this started before the weekly prizes, when there was absolutely no benefit to being high up in the ToF. And the point wasn't to benefit yourself. At least not directly. But if you were looking to benefit yourself, the idea was that people I can beat and gain mojo from would then be able to beat me, gaining mojo themselves and keeping them in my bracket of available opponents.

After the ToF prizes started I was kind of undecided on whether this was still a good idea. Sometimes I did it, sometimes I didn't. Mostly determined by whether the server timeout happened when I attempted to switch teams. Now that we have leagues, yeah I agree that it's unequivocally a bad idea.

4 minutes ago, Joe-da-G said:

The fact is, with the actual leagues system, i have the feeling every strong player is isolated in a weak league of 99-101 'non pvp oriented' or low level players...

Looking at my group it actually looks like there's one guy I won't be able to beat in combat, and maybe 5 guys that I'll have a very close fight against. And the guy I can't beat is staying active so far, so no chance (at least not yet) that I'll be able to gain more points than him from timer capping. Bad luck for me I guess.

il y a 7 minutes, Urist a dit :

Looking at my group it actually looks like there's one guy I won't be able to beat in combat, and maybe 5 guys that I'll have a very close fight against. And the guy I can't beat is staying active so far, so no chance (at least not yet) that I'll be able to gain more points than him from timer capping. Bad luck for me I guess.

You're the second player i notice who is having a 'hard' time... I guess my early calculations were maybe a bit... early. ^^

26 minutes ago, Joe-da-G said:

You're the second player i notice who is having a 'hard' time... I guess my early calculations were maybe a bit... early. ^^

make me the third :D i have a ton of ppl 50-100 lvls higher than me in my group...

even a couple of them are not pvp geared, it is still tough...

i was still surprised to find a few of them i could easily beat, f.e. one wearing a full event-item-set...

might be the new definition of the nd-pact... ;)

1 minute ago, Skiron said:

f.e. one wearing a full event-item-set...

Same in my group. This guy is level 273, 40 levels higher than me, and could probably crush me easily if he were properly geared. Now that I've noticed it, I'm fighting him first before he figures it out.

34 minutes ago, Urist said:

Same in my group. This guy is level 273, 40 levels higher than me, and could probably crush me easily if he were properly geared. Now that I've noticed it, I'm fighting him first before he figures it out.

Me thinks since this is the first league the devs are given it away a bit. Makes for a good feeling. Also I do not recognize most of the names and find their stats counterintuitive to their lvls.

In two weeks time the more active players will advance to the next league. I guess thats where we will meet more familiar faces.

gl all

2 hours ago, Neyln said:

On the test server it made sense to spam kobans to get ahead. There were only ever nine other people in your bracket, so you'd be guaranteed the higher payout from higher brackets, even when completely outmatched. Spamming also did work, since the time frame was shorter, so you had a good chance getting ahead without your opponents noticing.

On the normal server things are different. Now you have 99 competitors and weeks to fight them all. Spamming kobans won't get you anything, since everyone can get all of their fights. And in my current bracket there is no real competition. There's one guy at lv280 with like 20k in his main stat who will win. On the other end there are lots of lv20 guys with no hope at fucking all to win.

So from the outset you see who will win and if it isn't you - which it won't be for some time for most guys - you might as well ignore the leagues.

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

I know ppl can be weird, some just want to be noticed. And if you have no noticable skills you can always buy attention or run for president (even if you're tweeting mad)

You're not actually losing ranks with the non-defesive pact, others just get an easy win and gain mojo (whenever that becomes important) and thus you yourself can gain more mojo next time you fight them. Also you can up girls you'd normally never use. But the leagues may make a difference, just dunno how (yet).

if the other win more fights (so for example against me) my rank decrease.

3 hours ago, Neyln said:

I can compare.
There is no reason on Test server run all fight with kobans after 1h from start when you going have another 18 free fights loosing whole day (esp when top 1 prize is 100 kobans :D )

Same there is no reason on normal serwer to spam fights after 2h of start when you still got 13 full days to fight.

Each action made you lose more than you win.

u know that that time the requirement were total different. for example only the first 2 get promoted.

2 hours ago, Urist said:

there r enough other players u can fight ^^

47 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

Ah, I get you're already talking about the leagues. You're right there. I was still talking pre-league where rank doesn't enter the equation.

Have a good one☺️

No, he was still talking pre-league. The ToF didn't award anything, but some people still enjoyed having high placements in it. Rank had no prize, but some people still wanted to be as high as possible. In order to achieve that, they couldn't let others get above them if they didn't 'deserve' that spot.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No, he was still talking pre-league. The ToF didn't award anything, but some people still enjoyed having high placements in it. Rank had no prize, but some people still wanted to be as high as possible. In order to achieve that, they couldn't let others get above them if they didn't 'deserve' that spot.

I assume you're talking about mojo...........

this is what the non-defensive pact got me

mojo.thumb.PNG.7454dc7fd0801c71c5a6941ab04170e3.PNG

I'm sure that without the non-defensive pact I would not have reached this rank.

But, as stated earlier, as long as it has no reward except boasting rights it's not very interesting

12 minutes ago, dirty harry said:

I assume you're talking about mojo...........

this is what the non-defensive pact got me

mojo.thumb.PNG.7454dc7fd0801c71c5a6941ab04170e3.PNG

I'm sure that without the non-defensive pact I would not have reached this rank.

But, as stated earlier, as long as it has no reward except boasting rights it's not very interesting

For some mojo, others PVP wins, others both.

9 hours ago, Neyln said:

Forgive me, but I think you forgot an important detail: the 5 battle point limit. Not all players have the possibility to connect to the game every five hours, meaning that some point are lost. There is also the problem of average people sleeping at least 8 hours per day, meaning in total that in a 24 hour period, probably there are quite a bit of people that will be able to compete in the league 15-20 times, or 210 - 280 battles in the 14 days of each league, not enough then to fight all possible battles.