More 3D-ness

Hollo

6 hours ago, Hollo said:

Managed to get most of the girls out for a summer's day at the beach. Bunny decided they needed a team building exercise, so she persuaded them to try a human pyramid. See if you can recognize who's who!

ph-summer-01.thumb.png.06824f135502912224d4addd5f894fcd.png

i'll give it a try (don't blame me for not recognizing all, i'm not good at this :D)

camera: bunny ofc

tanning (left to right): agathe, arcana

pyramid (left to right, bottom to top): sung tai ki, red battler, juliette, jennie, rumiko, kimie

not sure about jennie. solveig was the only blonde you did so far but the pyramid girls hair fits more to jennie imo.

keep up the good work!

Edited by Habi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Habi! You got 100% (well, the princess' name is Agate, but close enough). I didn't think it'd be hard. :D

Actually, you might have seen Jennie before, when I had her try to give me good luck in recruiting Fanny and Fiore. Sadly, even she wasn't enough. Repost here, for completeness:

ph-jennie-goodLuck.thumb.png.063a56363ee16ccffe50b305f293cf71.png

• Like 6

I was happy enough with this scene to share seven more of the many alternate angles I took!

ph-summer-01-b.thumb.png.403de3f7d0cbc227150690c8ed066e9d.png

In this scene, I was experimenting with additional light sources, to simulate the scattering I would have expected on a noonday beach. The downside: bad shading artifacts in some spots, such as Jennie's chest above. Without it, though, nearly everyone here would have been in shadow.

ph-summer-01-c.thumb.png.670f620ae4d2bc29e6ce8ece7a2c2536.png

The poses are 100% original. I started with Tina, then copied her pose to the other four, moved each into place, and then adjusted each to make sure there were no knees or hands floating in midair. Look closely: you can see their hands doing different things.

ph-summer-01-i.thumb.png.eaf4375665e0993982bdc855e29a6ab4.png

This is, of course, in addition to each having a different swimsuit, which I tried to base on their personality. You might recognize Tina, Juliette, and Bunny from the earlier pic. Kimie got her own pose, since she's still climbing on top of the pyramid, even shifting her balance as she ascends. And putting a bit more knee in Rumiko's back, and you can see from her reaction.

Kimie might be dsfs' waifu, but Juliette is mine. ¬¬

ph-summer-01-d.thumb.png.c961de09ec1d71a676800b02930e5e0b.png

Good thing Kimie's the lightest one... Tina, of course, made sense as bottom center, since I figure she's the strongest one here.

ph-summer-01-e.thumb.png.0fc59632bd29d9685e217be207104dd0.png

In general, I try to show each girl in what I think is their character. Naturally, Arcana's not going to go for that athletic stuff as much. Neither is Agate, but she can't help peeking anyway.

ph-summer-01-f.thumb.png.4f7bf0bc7ce2db44d322447e8374cc33.png

I figure this delivers on my promise to have a larger picture of Agate...

ph-summer-01-g.thumb.png.a915f0de10c3436a3a02ef26bf7a21eb.png

Bunny, of course, is the ringleader of the whole thing. For her pose, I started with the camera, and then moved her into place. That way the camera has what I think would be her desired angle of the rest of the group. Again, all of the poses are original; I even had to pose the fingers so that, for instance, Bunny is correctly holding her left leg.

Even the hair is poseable, by the way. For some, I didn't have to bother; Kimie's ponytails obeyed gravity properly. I decided to have Bunny's sort of drape over her shoulder and twist in the breeze. Sung Tai Ki's hair exists in several independent strands, and I'm especially happy with how it drapes over her form...

ph-summer-01-h.thumb.png.0191f327419824626720ebfd01848cf6.png

The end!

Edited by Hollo
  • Like 4

In case any of you were wondering where Solveig was, you should know that today's her birthday, and she had been out shopping! (Look it up if you don't believe me!) When I came home, she showed me the new Sailor Moon outfit she had bought, and wanted me to follow her upstairs to give her another birthday present.

I told her I didn't think this was quite what Sailor Moon looked like, but I don't think she cared.

ph-solveig-bday2018.thumb.png.1440dd9ba6f93ac2048b4829e7b797b7.png

• Like 4

For her birthday, Bunny wanted to work on her poker skills. Fortunately, I knew what she probably meant, and brought a camera in addition to my game face.

ph-bunny-bday2018.thumb.png.cf44ebbcc45c1828c070beb0c341a6f4.png

...Of course, knowing this group, I bring a camera pretty much everywhere.

• Like 6

For Tina's birthday, we naturally went to her favorite spot: the gym. As usual, she was pretty shy until she got into the ring, assumed her persona of Red Battler, and went a few rounds with her sparring partners. After that, she had no problem with me getting a shot of her cooling off a little in the locker room.

ph-redBattler-bday.thumb.png.c03b0b7ac87110bf2c6fd63e568206cc.png

Edited by Hollo
  • Like 3

By the way - dunno if anyone's noticed, but I plan to keep putting out shots for each girl I have done, on their birthday, and it'll be wallpaper size.

In Tina's case, I deliberately went for a composition fitting for a desktop. I did, however, take a few extra shots, including one from the front...

ph-redBattler-bday-b.thumb.png.d2f1a8806f72fedc2806a8cd158c40c2.png

• Like 5

i doubt that visible boobs/nipples are appropriate for every desktop. xD

nice work as always. i like tina's front shot very much.

btw, can we have an upskirt shot of that sailor moon solveig?

Edited by Habi
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

That Dutch angle though xD

I see it in anime all the time! I assume it's so they can show off the girl larger... xD

@Habi : depends on where you work. ¬¬

Thanks so much for the compliment! I could probably check whether I had another camera around when Solveig made her move, but it'll have to wait for some RL errands. Plus, there's another girl's birthday coming up, and I have to prep for it. You can probably guess who it is. :D

Edited by Hollo

I'd like to add my "keep up the good work, Hollo" to the other ones. And know that this is said by one that usually don't like 3D pictures and animation. Up to now I liked in particular the beach poses (and I wasn't able to name all the girls), and even if they are my favorites I admit that I hope to see those poses again in the future without the costumes... :P

Just one question on a small matter of my interest, as I am unable to understand if I am more idiot than the usual: my personal impression is that, comparing your pictures to the 2D game graphics, except girls like Kimie, other girls lose a fraction (small as it may be) of boobs size. Is it your drawing style, a limit of the draw tool you are using, or is it really me more idiot than the usual?

• Thanks 1

The baseline reference I use for every girl is their affection poses, and occasionally their story scenes. I literally load the poses in a paint program and sample the colors to get matching shades in 3D. Then comes about 30-60 minutes of tweaking all the body settings until I feel satisfied that I've captured her appearance.

It's never perfect. The catch is that sometimes the girl's shape changes between poses. My favorite example right now is Arcana. In her base poses, she's what I'd call a C-cup; but her Loving Arcana version looks like a D. Another is Bunny; if you classify her poses as going from 0-star to 5-star, I'd say she jumped at least half a cup size between 2 and 3. So I have to pick a size somewhere in there. Another thing I notice is that the artist draws women a touch on the hip-py side. Consider Loving Bunny again - specifically, her 2-star pose, with the nightie, the one you see in front of the calendar of events Kinkoid publishes. Dem hips! I love that pose, by the way. But if you think 3D Bunny's breasts are perhaps a bit on the small side, it might be because I made her hips a bit large to match.

The tool I use might play a role in it, too. One thing I noticed right off: it likes to place breasts higher than they often are in the art. I can fudge that by making them floppier (the tool has a setting for firmness, no joke, the difference is noticeable when dragging them around), but that leads to other weirdness, so I try to go easy on it, and just set the breast height to as low a setting as the tool will allow. It also has a "realistic" look and feel, as opposed to other Illusion editors such as Koikatsu, which is a cel-shaded tool and more suited to waifs. (It's also close enough to jailbait that I'll likely never use it. Seriously, Kimie's a challenge for me to keep her out of creepy territory.) That realistic feel also means I can't capture the face perfectly. That's especially hard when the face itself changes (again, Arcana is a prime example). So I use a fair bit of creative license there.

The tool does support larger breast size. (MUCH larger if I use a certain mod.) You'll see larger when I get around to Salem, Robin, Louise Carrot, Kelina, and maybe a couple others.

So there - much more than you wanted to know. :D But that's cool; I enjoy geeking out about this, and discussing whether I might tweak body settings here or there. Meanwhile, a lot of the fun comes from the story behind them; I swear, as much of their sex appeal comes from their hobbies and personalities as from their figures...

• Like 1

So, a sweep of the room revealed a bug on the stairs. I got Arcana to give me a bug-eyes spell to see what it saw. Handy little trick. I hope she doesn't find out why I asked.

Not a great angle, in my opinion, but... hmm. Never noticed that hiding there...

ph-solveig-bday2018-b.thumb.png.8639ee0c350faeb7b4b80decf9a98188.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hollo said:

So, a sweep of the room revealed a bug on the stairs. I got Arcana to give me a bug-eyes spell to see what it saw. Handy little trick. I hope she doesn't find out why I asked.

Not a great angle, in my opinion, but... hmm. Never noticed that hiding there...

ph-solveig-bday2018-b.thumb.png.8639ee0c350faeb7b4b80decf9a98188.png

haha nice job with persuading arcana. xD

what is that thing? O.o

• Thanks 1

Looks to be a bullet/egg vibe. Small ones have onboard batteries but  don't last long. Most often they wired to a battery case/controller which is usually slipped into garters or hosiery. 

Edited by Masters
  • Like 1

Ohh, Juliette... seems we've been celebrating your birthday every few days... still, I humor her. Just something about her...

Anyway, this day was special, as she decided to indulge her archaeology hobby with a... statue? She claims they're replicas from the terracotta army of the ancient emperor Qin Qi Hwang. She also says you can tell it was a general, from the size. Like, I dunno. Why is it nekkid? I guess I've seen weirder things in this world.

ph-juliette-bday2018.thumb.png.228071b7b25c6757d4283d0511c4db99.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

For Tan Week, I got the three most tanned women I had available, and got them to pose. They're not up for tan lines, though.

ph-tanned-01-a.thumb.png.f4273394cdde214007eca83b9625793e.png

Tina's getting more and more willing to show off and let her hair down, and I'm not complaining.

ph-tanned-01-b.thumb.png.97c8e367971965f3a7506100f749cd21.png

• Like 6

It's August 18th here. And that means Regine wants her birthday present.

I had to call her old beau Gruntt to give it to her. This is the last I saw of them; hopefully she'll be back later tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Who knows with her.

ph-regine-bday2018.thumb.png.ca28ecedeef7f7077746d31763b31684.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hollo said:

It's August 18th here. And that means Regine wants her birthday present.

I had to call her old beau Gruntt to give it to her. This is the last I saw of them; hopefully she'll be back later tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Who knows with her.

ph-regine-bday2018.thumb.png.ca28ecedeef7f7077746d31763b31684.png

prolly due to lacking options in your program but gruntt looks like the hulk here. xD

apart from that awesome work as always. 👍

• Thanks 1

Another great job, thank you, Hollo. More and more details in each new pic. I'm just wondering what's running down Gruntts chest. Either Regine is looking really forward to her birthday present or good old Gruntt has some serious issues with underarm wetness … whatever it is, have fun both of you!

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that's me trying to experiment with chest hair. :S And arm hair.

My biggest peeve is that the program simply won't simulate a bulky character. There's a mod that will let me set the chest larger, but the hands and feet still stay stupidly small. I was lucky I was able to make his back look sort of hunched. His face proportions will never look as good as the artwork, sad to say. I may just retcon this and declare this is just some poser... :D

I think it's not underarm wetness, though. Look at where his right hand is. 9_9

Edited by Hollo

29 minutes ago, Hollo said:

Look at where his right hand is. 9_9

Ah, I see. Details, as I said. I assume that he's just holding her that way because it's the best way possible to prevent this precious body from falling onto the ground? He's so caring :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whew! Finally got my ducks in a row after our trip. Arcana was our travel agent, and in return, she got to pick the place - a nice cabin in the alpines where she said one could "go for a spin". Turns out we misheard her say "go for a Sven".

I hopped onto a stool next to the fireplace while Juliette and Regine looked on. They could hardly wait for a turn!

ph-travel-01.thumb.png.b20fa5cf4e933111b7f92f03c9a3263e.png

Edited by Hollo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1