04/07/18 Patch Notes Discussion

1 hour ago, mhd001144 said:

LOL... well, This is so stupid as expected from them 

Increasing the price " Typically " as always

What a stupid comment. A legendary item each time, for only double the price, is the best thing they've done in forever. How often do we get anything useful that doesn't involve kobans?

• Like 4

• The ranking for the Stats upgrade is not updating correctly

This is posted as known bug, but I think the mojo also doesn't update correctly?  Mine is never accurate. 

Patch looks nice and some meaning to the charts is great.  

3 hours ago, Thefool said:

What a stupid comment. A legendary item each time, for only double the price, is the best thing they've done in forever. How often do we get anything useful that doesn't involve kobans?

Well, how u will feel when u buy kobans

spent more than 6k kobans to get a legendary girl but the only thing u get is d fuckin gifts instead of dropping the girl

nd what about that pachinko??????????? paid again nd again, nd u don't get the girls; due to the period of the event for just 7 days sometimes , at least if its randomly they can keep them its not like they have to remove them da!!  

"Legendary items u can find them in the market also"

*----

• Thinking 3

10 hours ago, BraumII said:

I'm not quite sure if I understand this correctly and from the looks of it I'm not the only one.

Will there be additional weekly contests with a randomly drawn pool of 2000 other players and then rewards are distributed at the end of each week based on your ranking within that group?

Or will only the top 2000 people in every category from the pool of all players  receive any rewards  at all?

And will you get separate rewards for each category where you're within the top 2000? Or only for your best one?

All in all this looks like a great change and I'm looking forward to earning my rewards for my high PVP ranking :D

They gift Koban&Affection item for 2000th so for me it's clear that the pool is all player except they change it later.

-----

For the guy who buy Koban, you should open Epic pachinko for girl, even though you buy so much but you use it for Great Pachinko means you spend so less. Girl's price is already define with Epic pachinko cost which for more higher than Great Pachinko. Although I'm concern great pachinko price changed for another reason, contest. I use it to last sec attack in contest so it'll be really hard now lol.

Edited by RenHarem

6 minutes ago, RenHarem said:

Stat upgrade reward's really unfair for people who max all stat. At least they should count by cost instead of stat unit.

I don't mind by stat unit than cost although at my level costs are getting up there.

Never thought about it, but when those of us who like good PvP boys bought up all three stats, there really is no where to go from there than the 19 more per levels. Those who didn't will make out like gangbusters.

Also if we are all in the same pool, those of us at higher levels might as well forget about winning that one as we level up about 1 every 2 days, those at lower levels do so daily if not more.

OTOH high level people will run away with other stats like money spent.

I guess there is something for people at both extremes of level, not so much in the middle. At least with daily contests, everyone is sort of near the same level and it is a small group that changes with each contest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

I don't mind by stat unit than cost although at my level costs are getting up there.

Never thought about it, but when those of us who like good PvP boys bought up all three stats, there really is no where to go from there than the 19 more per levels. Those who didn't will make out like gangbusters.

Also if we are all in the same pool, those of us at higher levels might as well forget about winning that one as we level up about 1 every 2 days, those at lower levels do so daily if not more.

OTOH high level people will run away with other stats like money spent.

I guess there is something for people at both extremes of level, not so much in the middle. At least with daily contests, everyone is sort of near the same level and it is a small group that changes with each contest.

The Koban rewards for this contest is much more than daily contest. That's why I concern it should have fair rule.

For stat cost as score, people with all max stat like me and you will have some chance to be at top 20. But for stat, people who max it must drop it entirely (goodbye all rewards).

Drop daily contest entirely for week skip week maybe much more worth.

Edited by RenHarem

1 hour ago, RenHarem said:

The Koban rewards for this contest is much more than daily contest. That's why I concern it should have fair rule.

For stat cost as score, people with all max stat like me and you will have some chance to be at top 20. But for stat, people who max it must drop it entirely (goodbye all rewards).

At my level I get 19 for 1st and 9 for second play on daily contests. 3 at a time, about 3 days each, say one every day. I usually get 1st or second. Say an average week 70 koban.

Only 3 leaderboard contests give koban, Unless you get in the top 10 [out of 2000] any player who really pushes it should be able to get more koban from contests. Granted there are equipment and gifts but so do contests. Actually I just managed to get a legendary single stat charm helmet, too bad I am Hard Core.

If you are not in the top 100, you are getting 7 a week or less, not even 1 koban a day.

As for stats, I have no chance of getting in the top 20. Absolutely 0. All three of my stats are fully bought up, at the most I can only get 19 times 3 every time I level and at my level I don't level up every second day. Depending on how the pools are sorted out, odds are there will be plenty of people who either didn't by up their stats or did but are lower level and level up more often. Expecting to get in the top 20 out of 2000+ is just not realistic.

I can live with that. On the flip side I am globally [on Nutaku] around 150 for boss kills, depending on how it sorts out I might be able to OCD my way into a high ranking, sadly no koban although I suppose a top 5 to 10 placement would increase my discretionary income [after stat buys and buying all the books] by almost 10%

I was almost thinking of gaming the system by not spending anything for a month and then for a week stating myself up, leveling up, affectioning up and just going buck wild. I still might depending on how competitive things are but I half suspect it isn't worth it, the money lost from not affectioning someone right away, PvP struggles for not maxing out stats. I don't know. Also going inactive on so many aspects of the game takes a bit of the joy out of it. Might be better to just accept a 100+ ranking and the meager rewards that come with it.

47 minutes ago, Some other guy said:

As for stats, I have no chance of getting in the top 20. Absolutely 0. All three of my stats are fully bought up, at the most I can only get 19 times 3 every time I level

Don't know if you agree with me or not. But if they use 'cost' as score, you can have more chance for sure. It's barely struggle enough to max the stat every time I lv up (for its cost) and do usual thing too. So the cost is so high even though it's just +19*3. Other people with lower stat can upgrade more stat than us but they'll cap with their money too. So max stat people surely have more fair chance.

If I remember it correctly nutaku*6=here kobans? I get 126 for 1st rank (21 for 1st?, 11 for 2nd). I'm in the same boat with you. I agree that I get around 1 1st a day, given that avg for contest period is 1-4 days and I'm also usual 1st rank and 2nd in a few game.

Tower: top4: 1050kobans, top10: 528kobans, top100: 210 kobans

top10Tower: 528*3=1584
NormalContest: 126*7=882

WeekSkipWeek: 1584+882=2466 (You will win Normal Contest easily week skip week because you have 2 weeks resource)
2weeksNormalContestOnly: 882*2=1764

*And my point is use stat  'cost' as score is more fair for whatever strategy you use anyway. You have better rank for what you play.

You forgot the WeekSkipWeek can do much overwhelm result. My current money spend*2 is 1.6 times of 1st rank so the one who skip is surely 1st rank another week. (yeah if we didn't type it here and more people will do it lol) To be clear , I'm in top10 and top10x2=1056 while top1 is 2100

Edited by RenHarem

Great time to start over/create a second or third account. On first glance I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Also, I wonder how the changes will play out exactly. I can remember some talk about how you could only fight the same opponents 3 times during the week.

Wait and see, I guess.

How about you increase the girl drop rate for those of us that have no quest available and are maxed on energy, I have battled the bosses hundreds of times and they are not letting girls go, I have all but one of my 50 girls maxed out.

@fap.titans.gra, please regroup your questions in one post when you do have to ask multiple questions and nobody else wrote after you. You can edit your first post to achieve that.

about your questions: there will be no downtime on the server as far as I know.

and the meters are running for the first weekly competition since monday morning 00h00 paris time.

(and my english is probably awful today, sorry...)

3 minutes ago, Joe-da-G said:

@fap.titans.gra, please regroup your questions in one post when you do have to ask multiple questions and nobody else wrote after you. You can edit your first post to achieve that.

about your questions: there will be no downtime on the server as far as I know.

and the meters are running for the first weekly competition since monday morning 00h00 paris time.

(and my english is probably awful today, sorry...)

thx

I am so far out of the top 1000 on most categories it isn't even worth trying. Even on Mojo and PvP battles I am close to cracking the top 100 but the effort to get there isn't worth the reward. For those two items, I am sure there are enough people who will koban their way into the top 10 and I don't think that is a wise spending of koban, for me at least.

I'll wait to see what the results are on Monday but, as of now, I just see the leaderboard stuff as some extra free stuff once in a while. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, but not going to french kiss it either, unlike Austin "danger" Powers, yeah baby.

• Like 2

Can someone explain the point of weekly contests? 
Mojo, PVP wins, Girls Recruited, Harem Level, Stats and Affection contests punish you for being high rank/max out/capped in any way already as there is much less room to improve at the top 

XP is basically a split between highend players and completely new players

Troll wins and Money Spend are basically pay2win contests because you will never be able to outcompete whales

they literally could not thought of a worse way of doing that

being all time top100 in multiple categories I literally can not compete for top1000 for the majority of weekly contests

Edited by wthvr
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, wthvr said:

Can someone explain the point of weekly contests? 
Mojo, XP, PVP wins, Girls Recruited, Harem Level, Stats and Affection contests punish you for being high rank/max out/capped in any way already as there is much less room to improve at the top 

Troll wins and Money Spend are basically pay2win contests because you will never be able to outcompete whales

they literally could not thought of a worse way of doing that

according to me, they have introduced it well. You do not have to participate in it, but if you take a place in weekly TOF, you get a bonus. You do not have to make a special effort and a reward may be granted. If not this update, you would not gain anything. It only gives you the opportunity. It does not oblige to anything