About PVP battles

Romeo Arturia

I agree with the person who advocated 10x play EP to get better gear.  That's how I do it.  I get 2-3 weeks' grace before I start losing big-time again.  Equipment seems to be the big deal re. winning or losing - more important, it seems, than one's team.  I got a single stat legendary item in my class from the daily free play in Pachinko and this made a big big difference, upping my ego by 3k just like that.  I wasn't looking very hard because I didn't realise I had it until around two weeks later.  Okay, okay!  Call me dumb if you like, but that's how it was.

I have a query though.  I've noticed that not only do I usually get a trio of opponents at a significantly higher XP than me (and 10-15k higher ego), but that they are mostly in classes dominant to me.  In my HC accounts I am usually up against charm (but I often beat them anyway - charm seems weak).  In my KH accounts I usually face three HC opponents and against them I have a lot more difficulties, even if their ego is only a little higher than mine.  The other funny thing is that their harmony is often around 30-33% so I'm at risk of one of their awful wild burst attacks, coinciding with their orgasm.  In my Adrian'smole account, if Dezy comes on early enough she is able to defend against this, but the games don't usually last long enough for this to happen.

Having said that, the really odd thing is that if I complete the daily quests, I have a much easier ride against opponents after that when a win matters less to me.  I seem to be up against a higher proportion of bots that pay out 1 mojo point when I beat them and mostly I do.

Do I smell a conspiracy rat here with the selection of opponents less random than would be expected, or am I just really unlucky?

• 3 weeks later...

Getting stuff good gear from regular pachinko can be extremely costly. Last time I went for a high ranking in "money spent" TOF, I made around 75 spins of pachinko x10, and managed to improve 3 pieces of equipment. The level 212 stuff:

5b835494b99ae_currentgear.png.7946ead0ee1cf54f6dec718007481a19.png

Rainbows are far more common than single stats, I got at least 50 rainbows to vendor trash, and factoring in that single-stats should have a 1 in 5 chance of being MY stat, you get a lot of garbage legendaries from pachinko. And I'm almost at the point where an epic would be better than the shirt, too.

As for stat upgrades, I had a lot of catching up to do when I started wanting to win in arena, so the system I used was to upgrade my main stat by 200 every time I leveled. It was a long process but I caught up eventually. After my main got maxed, when I leveled I would re-max my main, then bring up the others to the nearest multiple of 50. Still a long way to go, but I do well enough. During this past week I found I had a chance at a high ranking in mojo TOF, so I started avoiding fights I couldn't win. But normally, I don't care if it looks like I can't win a battle. I'll fight anyway. Lower mojo means easier opponents next time.

As for Zorba's comment about hardcore opponents: This may be confirmation bias, but yes I've noticed that I seem to get more HC opponents than the other 2 classes. Not a huge majority but maybe a 45/27/27 split. But there may simply just be more hardcore opponents. During the 2 months when Levitya was the only "legendary", maybe a bunch of people switched?