Arena low mojo fights? This normal?

Rukvia

the problem is that this system isnt fair at all. 1. there is this stupid level cap of +15 levels 2nd there is also a cap of mojo difference of +-1000 mojo. so if u r in a gap and dont have any opponents at all u will never reach a point to get real opponent at all. so whats fair that a lv 30 player still get his full mojo points while u get only 1 only becuase u r in this gap. who think this is a fair system have just no clue about it how it works.

No, no BananaJoy, it is a fair system, but it has some flaws. You don't like the flaws (being in a mojo/level void). But that doesn't make the system unfair. It would be unfair if you make the level range larger, because then you would face players that are too strong because of their level advantage. And how is it fair for the top ranked players if anybody can just battle them and get huge amounts of mojo from them? It isn't. You need these ranges, but with exceptions to the range if you are in a void.

• Community Manager

Gaining and losing Mojo is not based on the strength of your opponent. For balance purposes, it is based on their rank in Tower of Fame. That way, players with lower level can still compete, win mojo points and consequently participate in the weekly competitions.

Well, maybe it's fair, but IMHO is a pretty bad system.
I mean, on HH my account is level 275 with 5* leggy girl and maxed stats, and i barely manage to sneak into top1000 if i'm lucky (currently 1111th with 629 Mojo and 151 wins).
On Nutaku (definitely less competitive, i'll give you that) i'm currently 22nd (yesterday i was 13th) with 1472 Mojo, same number of wins (151). And there my account is poor, i don't even bought any stat in the market yet.
I don't know, maybe it's because i'm charm on HH and HC on NU, and that's another HUGE game issue, with a class in clear disadvantage (harmony special ability). But i don't think it would change so much.

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Chthugha said:

No, no BananaJoy, it is a fair system, but it has some flaws. You don't like the flaws (being in a mojo/level void). But that doesn't make the system unfair. It would be unfair if you make the level range larger, because then you would face players that are too strong because of their level advantage. And how is it fair for the top ranked players if anybody can just battle them and get huge amounts of mojo from them? It isn't. You need these ranges, but with exceptions to the range if you are in a void.

so then explain in which way its fair. if top player get attacked and loose than they arent worth to have this position. and anyway they dont loose anything. only attacker gains/loose mojo. and if u read my post before i said that there r 2 indicators. if it were only the level or only the mojo difference, but we need to fulfill both to get in the range of "real" opponents.

4 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

so then explain in which way its fair. if top player get attacked and loose than they arent worth to have this position. and anyway they dont loose anything. only attacker gains/loose mojo. and if u read my post before i said that there r 2 indicators. if it were only the level or only the mojo difference, but we need to fulfill both to get in the range of "real" opponents.

Fair: treating people equally without favouritism or discrimination.

By the dictionary definition, the arena system treats everyone equally. It gives everyone the same level range of opponents, and the same mojo range. It is fair, it just could be improved

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

By the dictionary definition, the arena system treats everyone equally. It gives everyone the same level range of opponents, and the same mojo range. It is fair, it just could be improved

thats ur personal definition. this has nothing to do with ballancing. as i said before. the level cap is only one of 2 requirements. and by the way there r still more factors like the number of opponents and as i told the example with the gap where sb can be in and has no chance to get out (this mustnt a top player, can also happens somewhere is the middle if u r unlucky and dont have any opponent closed). so dont tell something about fairness if u dont have any clue at all.

9 hours ago, BananaJoy said:

so dont tell something about fairness if u dont have any clue at all.

I'm going to warn you once.
Stop acting high and mighty like that.

Everybody is very happy there are players like you supporting the game, but you got to lose that attitude.

---------------

About fairness: everybody is treated the same, so that's fair.
That has nothing to do with if the system is perfect or not.