September Epic Days Discussion

The only thing that aggravates me about this event is after checking the wiki moments ago, discovering that some EP girls were also available from bosses during the event. Just saw in the news about the EP girls on bosses...I think it was edited during the event at some point.

Edited by Originaltk

1 minute ago, Originaltk said:

The only thing that aggravates me about this event is after checking the wiki moments ago, discovering that some EP girls were also available from bosses during the event. That should've been in the news about this event. 

It was in the ingame news...

26 minutes ago, Originaltk said:

Thanks, Chthugha, I just went back and saw it.

No problem.

Just a tip for the time being...
Jessie has stepped back as CM, so we are in a transitional period.
So the Forum announcements might be incomplete.

Always trust the ingame news regarding these things.
Those seem the most accurate.

Put me in the very large camp of unhappy players that didn't get any of the event girls.  Having been through many events, this is a 1st, so I have to agree with the people that say the drop rate was lowered.  Fruitlessly clicking on the 'perform' button without success of any sort isn't a fun experience at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MisterCat said:

Put me in the very large camp of unhappy players that didn't get any of the event girls.  Having been through many events, this is a 1st, so I have to agree with the people that say the drop rate was lowered.  Fruitlessly clicking on the 'perform' button without success of any sort isn't a fun experience at all.

Speaking from personal experience, I think you would have to go through several events with no drops before you could definitively say the drop rate was lowered. And even then it would have to happen that way for a lot of people for it to be taken seriously. I really feel it is about luck, just so happens my luck was bad this time.  Apparently I'm not alone. But I am annoyed that I didn't get an event girl, considering I focused all my attention on one for three days. I think I'll save up some kobans so I can definitely at least have a Pachinko girl during the next event.

11 hours ago, bane1 said:

For anyone who didnt get Katharina and Octavia from bosses during event (me included on HH), it looks like they are now permanent Pachinko girls so they are still obtainable atm (tho at a much higher price).

Much higher proce depends on how mamy refills they wouldve cost you before. 😛

15 hours ago, bane1 said:

For anyone who didnt get Katharina and Octavia from bosses during event (me included on HH), it looks like they are now permanent Pachinko girls so they are still obtainable atm (tho at a much higher price).

Doesn't that make it unfair? there are people who got them with free tries and now we have to spend (Based on my account data and counting the actual event girls) up to 162000 Kobans, if you use the 10 tries in a row option to guarantee that you get at least one girl every ten tries

It's like cellphone companies, the newcomers get much better treatment than the veterans

16 hours ago, bane1 said:

NOOOOOO! Another ugly girl i can't avoid trying to get ninja Agate, seriously why don't they just make 5 more versions of Gork and turn the game into a freak show!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jared201992 said:

Wait, what the fuck did you just say?

Using the 10 tries in a row option 10 consecutive times guarantees you a drop? Why am I just now hearing about this?

That person is referring to them still being in the Epic pachinko, where using the 10x epic pachinko spin is guaranteed to drop a girl. The 10x perform against a villain is NOT guaranteed to drop a girl, it's just a time saver.

50 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

That person is referring to them still being in the Epic pachinko, where using the 10x epic pachinko spin is guaranteed to drop a girl. The 10x perform against a villain is NOT guaranteed to drop a girl, it's just a time saver.

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant, but I came too late to answer myself

22 hours ago, GarfEild said:

Speaking from personal experience, I think you would have to go through several events with no drops before you could definitively say the drop rate was lowered. And even then it would have to happen that way for a lot of people for it to be taken seriously. I really feel it is about luck, just so happens my luck was bad this time.  Apparently I'm not alone. But I am annoyed that I didn't get an event girl, considering I focused all my attention on one for three days. I think I'll save up some kobans so I can definitely at least have a Pachinko girl during the next event. 

It might be changed from event to event.  The two girls on offer were top-tier epic which means they might've been significantly harder to get, so it stands to reason that the drop rate was lowered accordingly.  This is always a speculation, however, because HH have a neither confirm nor deny policy about drop rates.

Having said all that, I have Norou (legendary KH) in all six of my accounts.  I had her in four before the revival and got her in the remaining two second time around.  It might be simply a random quirk or something is going on, but it is rather interesting.  Why should a legendary girl be easier to get than an epic?

Without any expenditure of kobans to recharge combativity, I managed to get one girl each in different accounts (and in the most needy accounts for me, in the right respective classes), so I did an awful lot better than many other people who reported in this thread.  Whatever the case, this has been my worst result ever, even counting the quests for 5 star legendaries.  I would say, given that I have 6 accounts to compare and have been analysing my results over the last year, that the drop rate was indeed lowered for this event.  In comparison, in this account I got Teacher Deitra in Day 1 and it's back on track for following the usual pattern for me.

The drop rate for Epic Days might have been lowered, but I'm not complaining because I expected it.  Even if I was out of luck totally I would've taken a philosophical stance.  Again I'm very sorry for those who missed out.  Save up your kobans to see if your luck is better in EP.  These girls are worth it and, even if you get another girl instead, there is a good chance that she would be a top-tier epic in the right class for you.

Just one last point... I managed to get Octavia to her 3rd star and I'm in love with her!  She is really lovely and a gentle very feminine soul - certainly not a monster.  That's my opinion for what it's worth.  Katharina is pretty amazing too, but I'm definitely a (probably very kinky) Octavia fan!

Edited by Zorba the Geek
typo
  • Like 1

meh i already had nutka from epic pachinko so thats 1 out of 6 but for the rest nope didnt get any

on nutaku i got 3 out of 6 : treasure, shao and catherina,and the tentacle girl, nutka and the green glasses girl i didnt get

only here i didnt get anythink despite focusing finalmecia for those days even for an gold one should have gotten 1 to drop 

7K kobans to get Katharina, and I basically wanted her just to thin out the epic pachinko roster and get a better chance at event exclusives. I don't know if the drop rate was lowered, but I do know that I have never had to spend so many kobans to get a girl from a boss before. 😑

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

7K kobans to get Katharina, and I basically wanted her just to thin out the epic pachinko roster and get a better chance at event exclusives. I don't know if the drop rate was lowered, but I do know that I have never had to spend so many kobans to get a girl from a boss before. 😑

That's a very expensive use of kobans for one girl, just to clear a bit of space in EP to get event exclusives!  In my calculation, this would've given you a 10x EP spin for a guaranteed girl, plus almost another 3 spins, with a good likelihood of getting another girl.

If you were indifferent to Katharina I would've just tried my luck with the 20 free tries every 10 hours and saved my kobans for the EP.  If you are charm, for the current revival LARP Geekette is legendary (if you can cope with those goat ears) and there are still enough top-tier epics available to give you a good chance of getting at least one of them.  But that's probably not the case for you now I suppose.

I meant to say, too, that the penalty for battling for Katharina was pretty low because Finalmecia pays out 26.5k for a win maxed out.  This was unusually generous of HH to do this, I thought (a win-win for us).  if you don't want to battle for the bitter feminist or the psych patient in the current event, you get a chance to win some legendary gift items by sticking with your current world.  In the end it all comes down to personal choice and that's what makes this game so great - and so frustrating at the same time!

Edited by Zorba the Geek
add text

Why do people keep complaining about spending kobans in this this game?  It's not like you can cash them in and spend them down at the local supermarket!!!! In a few months or so everyone's koban account will be in the thousands again. I spent 7K fighting Finalmecia to get Katharina, the first time I have ever got any girl from an Epic/Legendary event. Agree it's frustrating at times but my kobans have always refilled. 7K cost for me is a good outcome given my history. (I did eventually get a legendary in the recent revival event :))

Happy dayz. Good game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zorba the Geek said:

That's a very expensive use of kobans for one girl, just to clear a bit of space in EP to get event exclusives!  In my calculation, this would've given you a 10x EP spin for a guaranteed girl, plus almost another 3 spins, with a good likelihood of getting another girl.

If you were indifferent to Katharina I would've just tried my luck with the 20 free tries every 10 hours and saved my kobans for the EP.  If you are charm, for the current revival LARP Geekette is legendary (if you can cope with those goat ears) and there are still enough top-tier epics available to give you a good chance of getting at least one of them.  But that's probably not the case for you now I suppose.

I meant to say, too, that the penalty for battling for Katharina was pretty low because Finalmecia pays out 26.5k for a win maxed out.  This was unusually generous of HH to do this, I thought (a win-win for us).  if you don't want to battle for the bitter feminist or the psych patient in the current event, you get a chance to win some legendary gift items by sticking with your current world.  In the end it all comes down to personal choice and that's what makes this game so great - and so frustrating at the same time!

It should be noted that "psych patient" is now the second best HC girl in the game.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:34 PM, MisterCat said:

the Drop rate is definitely lowered in this one. 

I Got NOTHING. not even one girl out of all the girls,  i tried to get the event girls and nothing, tried to get the other girls in the other bosses, nothing. 

nothing nothing nothing, wasted kobans and everything 

they definitely tweaked the drop rate. made it much lower.

Sometimes i wonder if the game creators just want this game to be a PAY TO PLAY game and this is their way to get rid of the people hat dont pay them monthly. 

maybe the gave devs are trying to get rid of the people that play for free and the super low rates are their way of doing it 

Edited by jyepie

1 hour ago, Jared201992 said:

It should be noted that "psych patient" is now the second best HC girl in the game.

Are you talking about the original Justine - the version some of us are trying for?  Prior to the rarity system, yes she was up there all right and I was envious that I didn't have her in a HC account.  If she were promoted to 5 stars she would be well worth having on our teams.  This might give her a purpose in life and 'settle her down' so to speak.