Contests frozen?

dekachinpo

I was going to have a headstart, as I always do, by waiting the end of the previous contests and having all my fighting and challenge points ready to be spent. As soon as I spent them all, I gave a look to the contest rankings only to realise that they were blank. I thought it was a general problem of all players, but just 1 hour ago, when I logged in from my laptop, I got the happy surprise. I hope ppl like me, who will come out emptyhanded cause of this bug, will get refunded in some way. it's logical after all, since we couldn't realise it at the time.

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The ability to fix it has already been posted above (although it doesn't add any points you would have already earned, just makes you get future points), I'll quote it again.

Please don't simply continue commenting that you have no points.

I personally have logged out and back in twice but I still don't seem to be getting contest points for boss battles.  Can anyone else verify this?

Edit:  Sorry.  Just double checked and all points are being added correctly.  I must be getting old and senile.

Edited by Gambit126
Spoke too soon. All is well.

41 minutes ago, bangbros said:

Imho you should either consider the possibility to refund players who got affected by this issue, or invalidate the contests . that would be fair, imho.

Just edit your post next time...
Posting the same thing more than once in the same thread is considered as spamming.
Please don't do that again.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vulture said:

@bangbros What about the time/kobans/nerves/sleep others have invested?

As I already said, compensation of all ppl like me for the losses incurred due to the bug or annulment of the current contests as competition was clearly distorted.

20 minutes ago, bangbros said:

As I already said, compensation of all ppl like me for the losses incurred due to the bug or annulment of the current contests as competition was clearly distorted.

Just move on mate. They wont give compensation. Be careful not to over spend items though in case the contests goes longer.

Since its mostly exp based contests right now we can still gain good ranking albeit it will be hard to be no.1 unless we sacrifice some chances for the after contests too.

Well its free game. I personally hope that it will get better, although it does not seems like it though, haha.

I personally see quite a lot of imbalances, but well then again its free game, just enjoy and move on as always. cheers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FishanX-6.0 said:

Just move on mate. They wont give compensation. Be careful not to over spend items though in case the contests goes longer.

Since its mostly exp based contests right now we can still gain good ranking albeit it will be hard to be no.1 unless we sacrifice some chances for the after contests too.

Well its free game. I personally hope that it will get better, although it does not seems like it though, haha.

I personally see quite a lot of imbalances, but well then again its free game, just enjoy and move on as always. cheers.

I also think  that it's hard  to believe  they  will  refund  us, but  in that  case  they should  at least nullify the current contests, because people who are ahead of me  in the rankings are just taking advantage  of my  situation caused  by the bug and I dont like it at all.  It's as if some horses were stopped at the gates  at the beginning of a race. It doesn't matter if It's free or not.  What if someone spent also kobans for refills in order to have a major headstart???

So, you basically say the competition should be returned to zero to make it fair? Yeah right... I spent quite the sum of Kobans and in game cash (forgot the name) since I was going for the girls, farming money and doing competitions at the same time and have to keep an eye on the competitors and calculate gains all the time. I didn't sleep at all, but at the reset this morning (5 AM) I got two 1st and one 2nd place. Until now I diligently did all in my power to hold two 1st and one 2nd place in current competition, and even I was affected in the first 45 or so minutes from the start.

It would be a robbery to nullify the contest at this point. If you did what I do every time I start competing from 5:00 (since I got burnt in similar fashion) is to check after a few wins/exp point gains if it works properly, it would greatly diminish your loss and give you tactical advantage seeing who's competing early with you.

Edited by Vulture

8 minutes ago, Vulture said:

So, you basically say the competition should be returned to zero to make it fair? Yeah right... I spent quite the sum of Kobans and in game cash (forgot the name) since I was going for the girls, farming money and doing competitions at the same time and have to keep an eye on the competitors and calculate gains all the time. I didn't sleep at all, but at the reset this morning (5 AM) I got two 1st and one 2nd place. Until now I diligently did all in my power to hold two 1st and one 2nd place in current competition, and even I was affected in the first 45 or so minutes from the start.

It would be a robbery to nullify the contest at this point. If you did what I do every time I start competing from 5:00 (since I got burnt in similar fashion) is to check after a few wins/exp point gains if it works properly, it would greatly diminish your loss and give you tactical advantage seeing who's competing early with you.

Thats what I keep doing every time also sacrificing sleep and all, but since that I spent everything in my possession (20 bp, 15 cp) at 5.00 and due to bug I got 0 points out of it, my contest competition got clearly distorted and my ranking positions got affected. I don't have any real chance to out-top the top 4 as things stand, since they're competitive too , unless I spend kobans in the process, which is not a wise move for many reasons. So my situation , and that of many more, should be taken care of. you seem to move on quite fine nevertheless in your contests, so it's obviously everything all right from your pov. you are defending yourself as anyone in your situation would do, I'm doing the same here

Okay guys that's enough. You've presented your points, but it'll just be a circular argument since Kinkoid are unlikely to interject until they get in the office tomorrow morning anyway. If it's not directly related to the bug persisting/, I don't want to see it in this thread. The request for some kind of fix/compensation has been made, and argued against.

• Thanks 1

The relevant logs would probably include the information regarding the amounts (experience, fights, Kobans etc.) that got wasted, and in theory their loss in contests should be recoverable. However, unless there are already present, the lines of code needed to recover the losses for all players automatically (which is extremely unlikely), the devs would need to do everything manually and they simply shouldn't be expected to go through the monumental amount of labour involved in such an endeavour.

With regards to compensation, a straightforward solution would be to give everyone, at-least those who are above 0 points, the rewards of the first position. In this way, no one would feel hurt and the players instead of feeling anger and frustration towards the devs, would start wishing and hoping for the next time the devs make such a mistake.

Additionally, probably remove the contests for a day and restart on the day after; no one should have an issue with this, since everyone would have gained the maximum they could've hoped to achieve. Also make an in-game announcement, so that all those who wait for the beginning of the contests, can strategize their sleep-loss or whatever they do to gain an edge.

Edited by John 1039
typo
  • Like 2

Just now, Daniele said:

All this whining just because you'll lose a few kobans? LOL

It already happened many times in the past, to me as well. C'mon kids, it's not that bad! Just move on :P

It really is not so bad, after all the game is way above that, it will not be this particular situation that will diminish this excellent game, "but" say that the complaint is empty and then you try to justify that mistake, asking them to accept, saying that this has happened many times in the past is the same thing as saying having error here is something natural, that there is no reason to complain. That being the case, I remain in doubt ...
Which side are you on anyway?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...