How does defense work in harem team?

jamanga

Hi everyone

I'm a know-how, without enough know-how alas..  I was testing putting a hardcore epic in my battle team thinking it would counter another HC player in terms of defense, but it doesn't seem to work this way. In screenshot below I replaced a 3rd level KH with 3rd level epic HC (below are the stats for each girl too).  I knew this would decrease my KH attack, but didn't expect it to decrease my defense against all 3 types of attack (including HC).

Can anyone help on what I am missing?

Thanks in advance

jamangaHaremComparison.png

The only thing a girl wiyh other specialty does add is her special effect(critical). I am not sure how exaclty different specialty girls statuses affect your overall stats(i mean which of their stats is taken into consideration, is it their main stat or its the stat of your specialty they have). Regardless it's always a decrease in ego and damage, so even if they do provide a slight defence in bonus it's insignificant to the amount of ego and damage you are losing. That's my beef with the new system. It really doesn't allow to play around with different girls and specialties if you want to be effective.

3 hours ago, jamanga said:

I'm a know-how, without enough know-how alas..  I was testing putting a hardcore epic in my battle team thinking it would counter another HC player in terms of defense, but it doesn't seem to work this way. In screenshot below I replaced a 3rd level KH with 3rd level epic HC (below are the stats for each girl too).  I knew this would decrease my KH attack, but didn't expect it to decrease my defense against all 3 types of attack (including HC).

The beta and omega only contribute value according to your own class, so in this case via their know-how stat, to both your offense and defense. Doesn't matter what class the girl herself is.

Edit: Also, switching around girls in the omega slot is unlikely to have any practical effect on the offensive and defensive numbers at all, since nearly all battles don't actually see them enter. You never reach those maximum numbers shown in the battle screen.

Edited by _shal_

5 hours ago, _shal_ said:

The beta and omega only contribute value according to your own class, so in this case via their know-how stat, to both your offense and defense. Doesn't matter what class the girl herself is.

Edit: Also, switching around girls in the omega slot is unlikely to have any practical effect on the offensive and defensive numbers at all, since nearly all battles don't actually see them enter. You never reach those maximum numbers shown in the battle screen.

The omega girl though affects your overall stats which is visible in your damage, ego and harmony which in turn  affect your performance even if the girl herself doesn't join the fight.

Your overall stats, the max values you see on your character screen, don't actually matter. The minimum values are when only your alpha is fighting. The max values are when all 3 of your girls are fighting. But with so many matches ending before the omega girl enters the field, her stats don't matter.

45 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Have you tried changing it in your team while looking at your statistics? If you haven't i understand your confusion.

Somebody is certainly confused, but it's not me. Maybe not try to argue about things you don't understand? Ta.

9 hours ago, _shal_ said:

4 hours ago, Cantrix said:

The omega girl though affects your overall stats which is visible in your damage, ego and harmony which in turn  affect your performance even if the girl herself doesn't join the fight.

Thanks for the comments - both above comments seem correct.  So basically, there is *zero advantage* in including girls from classes other than your own.

10 hours ago, Cantrix said:

The only thing a girl wiyh other specialty does add is her special effect(critical)

The above comment didn't make sense , as crit = harmony, and this seems to just come from the alpha

2 hours ago, Urist said:

Your overall stats, the max values you see on your character screen, don't actually matter. The minimum values are when only your alpha is fighting. The max values are when all 3 of your girls are fighting. But with so many matches ending before the omega girl enters the field, her stats don't matter.

Thanks, yep it's not that common, but with KH it does happen when reassurance kicks in a couple times.

4 hours ago, _shal_ said:

I get this - that's why I was just swapping in and out the omega girl, so I could see how just her stats changed things.  My surprise was due to putting in a girl strong in HC actually cost me 500 points in HC defense (along with another 500 in the other class defenses + ~500 attack points too) i.e. 100% bad idea.

Edited by jamanga

40 minutes ago, jamanga said:

The above comment didn't make sense , as crit = harmony, and this seems to just come from the alpha

Wrong:

Every time that one of the opponents trigger the Harmony, the system will check the specialty of a specific girl of the team and use its special ability :
For the first trigger, the Alpha girl’s specialty will be used
For the second trigger, the Beta girl’s specialty will be used
For the third trigger, the Omega girl’s specialty will be used

1 hour ago, jamanga said:

Hi Danielle

Sorry I should have been clearer - the harmony *score* seems to just come from the player

Oh, you mean the stat value. That comes from your tertiary stat.

But Cantrix meant the special ability, that's the only thing affected by your omega in battle.

Edited by Daniele