Tower of Fame -> Leagues. Cannot challenge

jamanga

Selecting another player and pressing Challenge simply refreshes the screen for me (and selects the next ranked player, like when you first open the tower) rather than going to the battle area.

I've re-logged in, and there are no js errors occurring.

While I have resigned myself to just accepting such lost opportunities and moving on, using the word "just", gives the impression that this is somehow the users' fault, that somehow they should've foreseen this, and that they should simply accept such behavior.:S

One can't exactly plan carefully for something that is completely unannounced and happens for the first time (at least to said person).:|

Additionally, this comment appears to suggest that the developers didn't know about this and therefore it was not "to make sure people aren't cluttering the servers around reset".

But, whatever...:(

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

Servers have been buggy around reset for months now.
I would never use server reset as the time to make sure that I wouldn't lose challenges.
In that case I would just go on 20 minutes early and do about 3-4 challenges, and the rest way after reset time.

Personally i don't have any problem at reset. The site is just slow, but i always do my 1st fight after 1-2 minutes.
But this issue can be really annoying, especially if they won't fix it by tomorrow.
Yesterday i tried to do a fight at 5:14 and it didn't work. This means that tomorrow i'll need to wait 14 minutes to do my 1st fight? I hope not...

One more thing, last season i did a refill 3 minutes before the end, and i did my last fight in the last 20 seconds. If that happened last week i would have wasted the kobans for nothing.
If this is intended to not cluttering the servers, it's definitely not the right way to do it.

Edited by Daniele
  • Like 1

@Kinkoid You asked for more details and we gave them to you. Now that the current League is going to end and a new one will begin we'd like to know any info about this bug you have, cause like Daniele said this time the impossibility to fight in the League will have more impact.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

The just is because since it existed on the reset for Saturday, it would be wise to expect it there on Sunday/Monday since they don't work weekends and thus you should plan on it happening again.

I didn't remember exactly when I made the comment, but the date shown on my comment is 01/22/2019 and that's a Tuesday, unless I'm making some odd timezone mistake.

Additionally, as I mentioned one "can't exactly plan carefully for something that is completely unannounced and happens for the first time (at least to said person)". The freeze after the reset might have been well-known but not minutes before the reset too.

16 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Servers have been buggy around reset for months now.
I would never use server reset as the time to make sure that I wouldn't lose challenges.
In that case I would just go on 20 minutes early and do about 3-4 challenges, and the rest way after reset time.

Previously, never had an issue before resets.

Additionally, your methods and expectations (or lack thereof;)) are what signifies you as a veteran here and myself a relative newbie.:)

11 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

I didn't remember exactly when I made the comment, but the date shown on my comment is 01/22/2019 and that's a Tuesday, unless I'm making some odd timezone mistake.

Additionally, as I mentioned one "can't exactly plan carefully for something that is completely unannounced and happens for the first time (at least to said person)". The freeze after the reset might have been well-known but not minutes before the reset too.

Sure, but it's also not announced to be fixed. If someone hasn't said it's fixed yet, expect it to be broken.

Perhaps I did confuse the mention of it being buggy before reset with somewhere else. It may have been a thread in general section or from Discord, it was mentioned prior though.