Current Attraction System is BAD and UNFAIR

haplo

Thanks for all the helpful responses -- much appreciated.  Seems like I'm doing pretty much all I can to collect kobans.  I'm not really paying attention to the weekly contests, though I do pretty well in them as long as they're in line with my basic goal to improve me ego, thus to do better in the leagues.  I got accidentally promoted to a higher league than I could handle -- I dropped below 15th in the last minutes of a season, but I watched in horror ;) as it promoted me, anyway, then recalculated my rank and gave me the smaller reward.  So now I'm competing with players some of whose egos are as much as 50k above mine!  Oh well, stuff like that happens in a web-based system.  As far as maintaining a stash is concerned, I do build it up at times.  But knowing now that I'm doing pretty much all the right stuff, it will be all about using my kobans as efficiently as possible.  I will probably keep spending them on epic pachinko, as I can get ego-boosting gear and a girl that way.  But I don't think I'm going to bother with event pachinko, anymore.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, pitythefool said:

And yeah all your previous progress has been lost in terms of attacks after they switched to the attraction system. I was a bit bummed out about that stuff too, because frankly, most new people under the new system, at least with later bosses will end up getting all 3 girls by the time they're done with the zone and won't need to return like some of us

Technically, no progress was lost, since there was really no such thing as progress before the new system.  There was just a statistical probability of a girl dropping on each attack.  But yes, it feels like progress was lost, in much the same way as it feels like a Los Vegas slot machine is "due for a jackpot" if it hasn't hit one in a while.  Interestingly, now, the progress is clear, which should feel better, but if an event ends without a win, it's very obvious that actual progress has been lost.  And I mean, that's what I've been talking about -- the way the new system feels -- and it's odd that a system that is less random and is more goal oriented should feel worse when it's logically better.  Seeing those five or so girls at the end of one's harem list that won't be gaining shards again anytime soon can be a bummer, though.

I have to say, though, that I've gained several girls through the system since last I posted, here, and as I predicted I do feel better about it.  Progress on Karole's girls is very slow, since events take precedence, but at least I know full well that's my choice, and that I'll get them sooner or later.  And I probably won't get a second girl (Virginia) in the current event, but that's because I went on vacation and was on the road, so I couldn't play as much.  Fabienne and Val Mala will just be sitting there with 35 and 17 shards, respectively, though.

BTW, I've been seeing a fair number of >5 shard drops, lately, including a couple of 9s and 10s, and even an 11.  So that's nice, too.

Just got 7, 11 and 12 shard drops on Virginia, scoring 32 shards in 10 battles!  It's like the system is trying to prove me wrong for saying I didn't like it. 😂  Now I will have to decide whether or not to spend a bunch of kobans on finishing her off.  As of this morning, I was estimating I would have to spend 1000 kobans, but with her being at 63, now, if things keep up like that, I could do it in the regular amount gain plus one refill!

18 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

Technically, no progress was lost, since there was really no such thing as progress before the new system. 

That is true about event girls. There was a static drop rate previously, so any failed attempt didn't get you closer to a success. The boss's regular girls where different though. Each failed attempt slightly raised the drop rate until you got one, and then the drop rate lowered back down. This is the previous progress that is being referred to, and the devs did acknowledge that that progress is lost.

In general, I am very happy about the shard system for event girls. I like that you can know have some sense of how far away you are from getting the girl at the end of the event, so you can make an informed decision about whether to spend kobans or not.

What I don't like is how it effects the boss's regular girls. I started battling Donatien shortly after the shards were introduced and it took me about three weeks to get any of his three girls. Then I got all three girls in a single day. I get that the later worlds are going to take longer to get the girls, but it should be spread out. One a week would have been fine. And I know that later it's just going to get worse.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, EdMuse said:

Technically, no progress was lost, since there was really no such thing as progress before the new system.  There was just a statistical probability of a girl dropping on each attack.  But yes, it feels like progress was lost, in much the same way as it feels like a Los Vegas slot machine is "due for a jackpot" if it hasn't hit one in a while.  Interestingly, now, the progress is clear, which should feel better, but if an event ends without a win, it's very obvious that actual progress has been lost.  And I mean, that's what I've been talking about -- the way the new system feels -- and it's odd that a system that is less random and is more goal oriented should feel worse when it's logically better.  Seeing those five or so girls at the end of one's harem list that won't be gaining shards again anytime soon can be a bummer, though.

I was talking about regular old boss girls. There was in fact a pity system built in for those. Every failed attack would increase the chance for success. (There was no 'pity system' for event girls, attack 1 had the same chance of success as attack 10,000). If you had put in, say, 1000 attacks on Finalmecia and received none of her girls, you would probably be pretty close to finally getting a guaranteed girl before the % would drop back to regular before building up again for the next girl. Now if you had put in those 1000 attacks, received no girls, and then the system subsequently changed, then you would actually be kind of screwed out of a girl. You wouldn't get any compensation shards for those 1000 attacks and your 'pity system' progress would also be lost.

39 minutes ago, ObviouslyFake said:

What I don't like is how it effects the boss's regular girls. I started battling Donatien shortly after the shards were introduced and it took me about three weeks to get any of his three girls. Then I got all three girls in a single day. I get that the later worlds are going to take longer to get the girls, but it should be spread out. One a week would have been fine. And I know that later it's just going to get worse.

Yeah, that's a side effect of the new system, all the girls shards come in pretty evenly so you end up needing to reach that 'guesstimated' threshold for girl acquisition x3. Can take while to get to the goal, but then all three girls should arrive at around the same time. Edwarda (1-7 shards I believe?) for instance should take ~750 attacks to get all 3 girls. Whether it's better or not is kind of up to personal preference. Knowing that all 3 are coming with a general idea on the time/attack frame is probably better/faster than how the old system worked out. You shouldn't end up with stragglers this way.

For the first time ever since its implementation, the new attraction system worked like it should(? idk the dev's initial idea). The Drops were frequent enough and I even get my first 2 in a row drop. It wasn't however so game breaking, I fond it decently balanced, leaving me half day to farm Roko. Yes, with the new system, I have to do more battles on average, but it is possible to win both girls with no refills. However, that will require total no-lifing from the player, and lots of luck in drops, since even with missed and spared combativity factored, I needed a bit more than two full refills on top.  This leads straight onto the biggest problem generated from the situation. IN GAME CURRENCY!

I'm finding myself more and more fighting obsolete bosses for shards than making money. With the introduction of Legendary books that often than not are a waste, I find myself broke when I used to be a economically well standing player prior the new system introduction. Either buff money for low lvl bosses, even little will help, like e.g.; Dark lord from 3.5k to 4k, Grunt from 7.5k to 8k and Edwarda from 10.5k to 11k, since those seems to be the most critical ones. It is getting very frustrating one day easily gaining millions then the next one you struggle with church change. Seems inflation hit even the Haremverse, total bummer and a big letdown.

6 hours ago, ObviouslyFake said:

That is true about event girls. There was a static drop rate previously, so any failed attempt didn't get you closer to a success. The boss's regular girls where different though. Each failed attempt slightly raised the drop rate until you got one, and then the drop rate lowered back down. This is the previous progress that is being referred to, and the devs did acknowledge that that progress is lost.

5 hours ago, pitythefool said:

Every failed attack would increase the chance for success. (There was no 'pity system' for event girls, attack 1 had the same chance of success as attack 10,000). If you had put in, say, 1000 attacks on Finalmecia and received none of her girls, you would probably be pretty close to finally getting a guaranteed girl before the % would drop back to regular before building up again for the next girl.

Yeah, see, I didn't realize this until I read ObviouslyFake's post, above.  So, bummer: I did lose a bunch of progress toward Karole's girls, then.  And it would have made much more sense for the new system to have dropped concurrently with both the beginning of an event and the introduction of a new episode of quests.  I'd even like to say that the memory of that "mistake" will fade over time, particularly after Karole's girls are finally won.  But even then, Val Mala will be sitting there on the end of my harem list with 17 shards to her name, reminding me of that progress I now know I lost.

5 hours ago, pitythefool said:

Yeah, that's a side effect of the new system, all the girls shards come in pretty evenly...

Yeah, that puts me in mind of another thing I mentioned at some point: for some reason, I had the idea that the new system would allow the player to target individual girls.  Some announcement that went out seemed to me to mean that the new system would be good for getting that girl you missed way back when.  I took that to mean that shards would essentially end up being like another form of in-game currency: get enough of them and you can basically lump them on that girl you had been wanting (Really wish I had gotten Golden Bunny, for instance).  I can now see several reasons why this doesn't make sense.  For one thing, it obviates the whole idea of events and even girls as pachinko rewards if you can just choose any girl to go for.  And it could be interpreted as meaning all the girls are, at best, whores and at worst, slaves, to be bought for currency.  That runs contrary to the gist of the story, in which the game is a world in which women are as eager for sex as men, and so having sex is free and easy.  At least the way the system actually works, shards are a symbol of attraction, rather than a measure of wealth, which they would be if they could be targeted at an individual girl.  But that still leaves the twofold problems of boss girls earning shards evenly and event girls lingering un-won, possibly for years at a time.  I'm starting to understand why people are so upset that Karole doesn't drop money, as the other bosses did: once I win Rin and Toshiko, both at approximately the same time, I'm going to need several million in cash to upgrade them.  And having fought Karole for that long, I will likely not have that kind of cash (my stash is currently depleting fast as it is!).  So I'll likely have to go back to fighting Finalmecia for a while to build my cash reserves back up.  Fortunately, I've leveled all the other bosses up to their maximums, I think.  This wouldn't be so much of an issue if shards could be targeted at one girl or another -- even just one or the other of a boss's girls, rather than any girl at all, allowing the player to finish off one girl before starting on the next.

BTW, I ended up buying two refills to win Virginia -- not too bad, I suppose.  But after that lucky run of 32 shards in 10 battles, I went almost 30 battles without winning a single shard.  I won her on the second-to-last battle of my second refill, about 20 minutes before the end of the event.

yo me quiere quejar de muchas cosas uno , para empesasr de porsi las chicas de antes nos costaban de porsi  mucho y luego nos mandan este nuevo sistema de juego no me gusto pierdes mochos cobams y practicamente no ganas nada , haurita en mi caso ya gaste mas de 2,300 de cobams y no llebo ni la mitad de una chica llebo 25 de 100  y gaste mas de 2,000 de cobams y no tengo nin guna chica del evento , esto deberian cambiarlo sale y de ser posible de alguna forma remborsal la malloria de los cobams que uno inbierte sini este juego se va a hacer un poco mas aburrido desde mi punto de vista , perdon sei les ofendi pero asi es 

22 hours ago, LION98 said:

...pierdes mochos cobams y practicamente no ganas nada...

Dumped all of my combativity points for the entire "Epic Days" event into getting Trinket, and only came up with 58 shards on her.  Not even going to bother spending kobans to try to get her, since I was only getting between 0 and 5 shards per 10 combativity points.

ETA: Looking on the bright side, though, events offering legendary girls have gone by before when I haven't gotten one.  The difference, here, is that when Trinket comes up again -- goodness only knows when -- I will be starting with 58 shards toward her.  By comparison, before the new attraction system, I dumped all of my combativity into getting Golden Bunny during an event and didn't get her.  When she eventually comes around again, I'll be starting from zero.  So I suppose with the new system, I've gained something, at least.

Edited by EdMuse