Where is the adventure?

Pelinor

To me, adventure appears relegated to the bottom of the game list. In 24 hours, with each scene averaging 20 points, I get 400-500 experience and nothing else (with rare exceptions).

In the same period, I can obtain between 1000-1500 experience, 110k in money, 40+ in affection and experience for each girl in my team, two rounds of combat activity, and 2 HH tickets good for a minimum of 100k each.

Adventure combat gets me way over 100k, plus a chance for a girl, plus a shot to obtain HH tickets.

Champions, much as I hate to admit it, can net me over 1million, plus a legendary item, plus a chance at a girl.

I could go on, but the bottom line is with the scene cost so high Adventure is close to being a non-factor on game or player advancement.

• 2 weeks later...

I will grant @_shal_ has a point, but I have waded through 7.12 hours, getting past three scenes that do not have a sex scene in them today. Where is the player satisfaction in watching a character make funny noises? The scenes in question (found in Arcanes of magicshould have taken no more than an hour, 70 minutes tops. Instead, it has taken the better part of a working day and done almost nothing to advance the story. In short, there is no adventure to be found in this sequence of events.

To be clear, this is not whining, as some would say, this is a critique in the pacing of the game's storyline when compared to other aspects of the game.

1 hour ago, DarkBee1 said:

Adventure is funny and sexy story which promote game lore. It's a mode where sometimes you need pay for next stage of story (buy some items: ticket, beers or something else). If you want upgrade yourself - fights with the villains, complete daily quests and go to league. :D

I know the storyline is sometimes silly. :)  I do spend close to $20 a week on this game for some reason, but I'll be damned if I'll pay to get past more than a days worth of boring scenes. Kinkoid can do better and doing better makes them more money.

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

I know the storyline is sometimes silly. :)  I do spend close to $20 a week on this game for some reason, but I'll be damned if I'll pay to get past more than a days worth of boring scenes. Kinkoid can do better and doing better makes them more money.

The storyline would be unlikely to be a major source of revenue for Kinkoid no matter how it is paced. Anyway, be happy that the story at least isn't gated behind premium currency walls, or behind extremely grindy gameplay aspects (where the progress requirements for single steps are measured in days or weeks, not hours), as is the case in many, many other browser games. Here you just need to wait. The story isn't going anywhere.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I will grant @_shal_ has a point, but I have waded through 7.12 hours, getting past three scenes that do not have a sex scene in them today. Where is the player satisfaction in watching a character make funny noises? The scenes in question (found in Arcanes of magicshould have taken no more than an hour, 70 minutes tops. Instead, it has taken the better part of a working day and done almost nothing to advance the story. In short, there is no adventure to be found in this sequence of events.

To be clear, this is not whining, as some would say, this is a critique in the pacing of the game's storyline when compared to other aspects of the game.

if the energy costs for the story were smaller you needed to wait the exact same amount to progress to the next scroll, just spread differently. since that pace is set by how fast kinkoid produces the new content.

if you want to enjoy a scroll in it's entirety you can always replay it after finishing it, i do that and it's fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Habi said:

if the energy costs for the story were smaller you needed to wait the exact same amount to progress to the next scroll, just spread differently. since that pace is set by how fast kinkoid produces the new content.

if you want to enjoy a scroll in it's entirety you can always replay it after finishing it, i do that and it's fine.

For myself, I much prefer smaller energy costs between scrolls, such as what I saw in the Plain of Rituals. Significant energy costs make the storyline seem sketchy and weak, which, for me at least, calls for a rewrite to add more content.

• Thinking 1

On 10/21/2019 at 7:53 PM, _shal_ said:

or behind extremely grindy gameplay aspects

I remember when the items you needed to get from the boss were random drops and not the first prizes you are awarded like now. It could be very frustrating!

Also dont forget the exp drops for progressing the story.

Also now days i look forward to the time when I finish the current level since you can use energy in the champions instead of just having to stare at a full energy bar for 2 to 3 weeks.

• Like 1