Champions- A waste of time.

TwistedDark

This may just be my personal experience. But to me, champions are a total waste of time. I have this little thing called a job and a life, that I can not spend 15 hours each day waiting for the 15 min timer to reset to challenge a champion 60 times in a day. because that's basically what it takes. Getting about 75k-100k per turn is a joke when you need over 6 mil. and the 3-5 times that I have time to do it each day gets voided out basically because they take away 600k every 24 hrs. so I can't even get the champions to the next stage. So anymore, the ONLY time I even bother with a champion is when I need a few extra $. Was a great idea that was poorly implemented.

• Like 3

The amount of impression you deal will increase as you grow stronger. Keep leveling up and buying more stats in the market.

You can spend kobans to skip the reset time if this is that problematic for you. Spend time or spend kobans.

Alternatively Kinkoid said recently they're going to implement a x10 challenge feature. Wait for that.

LMFAO!!!!!! That's your response? Spent all kobans and credits for a period of time to get all 77 girls in my harem to the same level as me and maxed out affection and it still does nothing to increase the gains. So ty for your useless two cents. And yes, I know I can spend 6 koban each time to reset the timer. But it is in no way shape or form worth it to do so.

• Haha 1

You missed the first part of his response. If you're only hitting under 100k you're probably a newer player. The champions is a long-term thing, if you're low level you're going to be sucking it up chipping away at them.

Once you get to splatters archipelago the boss drops EXP books, so there is an offset for the cost of upgrading your girls. If you're stuck on one level for a long time then you should have girls to match the positions, and you can focus on leveling up those girls specifically, buy out the EXP books when the market refreshes.

Also, I have a full time job as well, but I still play from my phone during the day, on scheduled breaks... because I would NEVER EVER EVER hide in the bathroom and play HH!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TwistedDark said:

This may just be my personal experience. But to me, champions are a total waste of time. I have this little thing called a job and a life, that I can not spend 15 hours each day waiting for the 15 min timer to reset to challenge a champion 60 times in a day. because that's basically what it takes. Getting about 75k-100k per turn is a joke when you need over 6 mil. and the 3-5 times that I have time to do it each day gets voided out basically because they take away 600k every 24 hrs. so I can't even get the champions to the next stage. So anymore, the ONLY time I even bother with a champion is when I need a few extra $. Was a great idea that was poorly implemented.

Did it only become a poor implementation in your view once the champions became too strong for you? Based on your stated 6m impression target you must have beaten quite a few champion levels before, as that's roughly Romero-7, Whaty-5 or Matsuda-3.

Edited by _shal_
  • Haha 2

On 10/18/2019 at 10:06 PM, TwistedDark said:

LMFAO!!!!!! That's your response? Spent all kobans and credits for a period of time to get all 77 girls in my harem to the same level as me and maxed out affection and it still does nothing to increase the gains. So ty for your useless two cents. And yes, I know I can spend 6 koban each time to reset the timer. But it is in no way shape or form worth it to do so.

You really made me laugh!!  It was really poorly implemented bcause HH had to revamp it as we all know.  Here is what i did:  i saved 100 tickets then went to each stage. To my surprize, in 5 tickets, i passed elites = average 665K per AND sold Stat for 2.7m.  

So about an hour-  for about 6M

Our club did about the same.  Each of us found the best for now

ALL of us found it very tedious (boring)  I hope this helps you. At least you know you are not alone

Idk but it appears books have the best impact. (Not hearts) You can upgrade your 10 before a champions match.  It take a load of time though

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Personally though, it's more useful to get matching positions for your slots than simply the hardest hitting girls, as matching positions doubles their damage. The earlier levels you can just brute force through, but at some point you're going to need actual tactics. Books are easier to get than x2 multipliers.

And yeah, sometimes you get crap rolls 14 times in a row. It happens. On my current (first) Pride Mansion run i've been dealing over 100k per hit, now it's around 75k because the rolls weren't as good.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I sympathize with TwistedDark.  Even at higher levels (I'm 330+) the last couple champions are a heavy grind.  My main problem is the 'forgetting'.  As TwistedDark mentions, at some point they forget more than you progress.  This seems quite cruel to me, since it creates a strong negative feeling for the game:  Unless I play at lot, the progress I've made versus a champion is going to get wiped out.  To me, this is a bad way for the devs to build engagement.  I'm fine with it taking a long time to work through a champion.  I'm not fine with the devs deciding (mostly arbitrarily it seems) to run champions with the forgetting penalty.    

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 1:04 PM, MisterCat said:

I sympathize with TwistedDark.  Even at higher levels (I'm 330+) the last couple champions are a heavy grind.  My main problem is the 'forgetting'.  As TwistedDark mentions, at some point they forget more than you progress.  This seems quite cruel to me, since it creates a strong negative feeling for the game:  Unless I play at lot, the progress I've made versus a champion is going to get wiped out.  To me, this is a bad way for the devs to build engagement.  I'm fine with it taking a long time to work through a champion.  I'm not fine with the devs deciding (mostly arbitrarily it seems) to run champions with the forgetting penalty.    

Are you speaking about the "not-played" forgetting penalty or the "we are going to ignore this round" penalty? I don't care for either of these penalties, but the second penalty is by far the worse because it denies the impressions which the game itself says I made on the champion.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Like MisterCat sayed, I think it's the "not-played" forgetting penalty.

It's very anoying because, when you connect every day, you lose some respect, even if you connect within 24 hours.

For example, it connect at 5pm, leave at 8pm after a last Champion contest, and then when I return the next day at 5pm, I loss some  respect.

Seeme I have to connect during lunch not to loose something... But I can't do that at my job...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snorky22 said:

Like MisterCat sayed, I think it's the "not-played" forgetting penalty.

It's very anoying because, when you connect every day, you lose some respect, even if you connect within 24 hours.

For example, it connect at 5pm, leave at 8pm after a last Champion contest, and then when I return the next day at 5pm, I loss some respect.

Seeme I have to connect during lunch not to loose something... But I can't do that at my job...

It's 24 hours from your first fight, not from the last one. The only way to not lose any is to finish the bar within a 24 hour period.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Snorky22 said:

Well, we all have a life, a job, within those 24 hours

@GeorgeMTO  I have complete respect for you and the job (largely thankless & never ending) you do.

With full respect to you, and your work, that I could never do:  Could I speak to this further?

The 24 hour  Penalty timer starts on our first fights  but the 24 hour reset is from our LAST fight.  

Even if I use the 6 koban  - no rest option -  the elapsed time means a pleasant fist fight on my Monday Lunch, by Friday, is end of business.   I'm not very clear here, but I'm sure you experience the same timing issues.

As players, can we respectfully request the timers be matched to our first fights?

As suggestions go, this seems better than my "Trade Girls Across Platform" idea and more likely to happen.  -smiles-

Thank you again George for your time and effort on our forum.

brassy

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:22 AM, TwistedDark said:

So anymore, the ONLY time I even bother with a champion is when I need a few extra $.

So champions are free cash. And this is bad how? Why do you feel like you have to babysit the timer and progress the champions at all? Or advance them in a single day? Or that losing impression is bad?Depending on how diligent you are with you dailies, combativity and arena, you'd get probably just under 10 tickets a day. Fight a champion whenever you login to collect cash / do arena / start a daily quest, get extra cash, spend it to improve your girls, get even more cash out of the champions next time around. Seems like a sweet deal to me.

• 4 weeks later...