Patch notes 05/02/2020 -- Discussion

FinderKeeper

39 minutes ago, ingex said:

Yes I understand about the clicking to have it as a renewing charge the issue I am seeing is they dont have it as real value, they have it worded so that it may be misconstrued as that is the sales price and it is going to be 150 after the sale runs out. So I am wondering if they may want to change the wording to reflect that so that they dont inadvertently drive off people who want to upgrade but dont  

I'm guessing you're already on a gold card then? Because silver and gold are promoted in exactly the same way to people who don't have them. But yeah, I agree that "Normal Price" is an extremely awkward way of phrasing that.

image.png.ed288914f1c18ffe92adb2c097735bbd.png

2 hours ago, ingex said:

Yes I understand about the clicking to have it as a renewing charge the issue I am seeing is they dont have it as real value, they have it worded so that it may be misconstrued as that is the sales price and it is going to be 150 after the sale runs out. So I am wondering if they may want to change the wording to reflect that so that they dont inadvertently drive off people who want to upgrade but dont

As they have been using that same wording for months if not years on the Silver & Gold cards, and this is the first time I've heard someone mention it, I think that's not really a concern for them.

Yeah, and they also do this on bundles and anything and everything you can purchase with real money, really. It's the first time I see someone not understanding that they simply mean this as a way to make the offer look juicy... It's called marketing, I think. I guess you've never been in any shop during any sale ever, @ingex

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yeah, and they also do this on bundles and anything and everything you can purchase with real money, really. It's the first time I see someone not understanding that they simply mean this as a way to make the offer look juicy... It's called marketing, I think. I guess you've never been in any shop during any sale ever, @ingex

Actually I work in Marketing and I would make sure the concept of a discounted price, versus a comparison deal promotion where more clearly defined than this. I would also not use the same markings for both a sale and a promotional marketing tool as they have done, with the slashes. As to my being on the gold card, yes I am have been for over a year, just saw that today and the wording made me balk, as the legal ramifications are a bit unnerving. @DvDivXXX  

Because I will try and type slowly so you and anyone else who have been to those big sales can understand. Unlike when you go to a mall for a sale, those of us who have our membership on a rotating credit basis, or auto-pay. Could get hit with a super up charge if the company where to say move the charge for those cards to what they state they are worth. Because we have agreed to pay for the item by initially clicking on it and as money would have changed hands as it where, it makes any future charges a type of verbal and consented contract. Which is why any one who is any one should know what they are signing or agreeing too before signing up for any type of auto pay for a service. Also a year ago they did not have the original price logoing up on the cards.   As they where moving to the better art format and design after I had already joined. 

So yea excuse me for being the first to bring up what could be a very big bite in he ass later, It is better to be cautious with a dollar now then cry over a dime later. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ingex said:

Actually I work in Marketing (...) the legal ramifications (...) [more legalese mumbo-jumbo fused paranoia]

Thanks for the laugh! :D Now I see where you're coming from, at least. Funnily enough, it's just about the opposite of what your previous posts made me think. You're not paranoid because you're clueless on basic marketing ploys, you're paranoid because you know too much about marketing, and you seem to be projecting a lot of convoluted notions you've earned from working in that field onto Kinkoid's rather transparent, harmless attempts at making their prices look like better deals than they (usually) are.

Trust me, they're just pretty bad at communication (unfortunately for them and for us). They are NOT running any kind of scam, here, let alone a large-scale blatant theft as the nightmare scenario you've just described. It's a well-established game that's been around for years and has thousands of active  players. And no matter what some players might whine about here and there, as far as game balance vs monetization for a F2P game goes, they're doing it right. It's definitely out of left field to even consider the possibility of them ever making anything as foul as overcharging all their recurring paying customers in one go (and then immediately close up shop and run away with the quick buck, because that would be the only logical conclusion to the kind of gigantic dick move you seem to be afraid about).

No. They're just trying to convey the basic message "at our regular prices for those individual items, the total sum of this deal's content would theoretically cost X, but we're selling it to you as Y instead, so please buy this". End of story.

Also, if you're so scared of getting scammed, it boggles the mind that you ticked the auto renew option in the first place. And if you're so good at marketing and understanding the real value of stuff you buy, it's also pretty impressive that you went with the gold card as your preferred option, and are now apparently considering an upgrade to the platinum card... But that's another story altogether. Good for you that you can afford either of these, in any case, even if as a sales expert, you should have caught on the fact that the silver card gives you a ton more bang for your buck, sorry to say.

Just un-tick the damn option if you're so worried. Buy whatever you want to buy on a single transaction basis from now on. "Problem" solved. Good luck, have fun. And thanks again for the laugh! :D

Edited by DvDivXXX

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, Chthugha said:

Funny you call them out on fallacies, but you yourself commit the greatest fallacy when it comes to probability and statistics; I'd steer away from that confirmation bias, if I were you. Those are really bad advisers when making a judgment.

that's the gist of it, me i'm me and you are you, both of us can't look the things in the same way, so our thinking can be and it´s in that way different

On 2/5/2020 at 7:15 PM, DvDivXXX said:

You know, we can picture your tinfoil hat just by what you're saying; no need to represent it visually by making your post bigger and harder to read.

Drop rate =/= drop range, just so you know. They mistakenly used the former in some of their recent announcements, but what they increased is the latter (from 1-6 to 1-8). And yeah, your minuscule sample size has no significance at all. That's not how you evaluate odds, that's how you indulge in your superstition.

that's my fault i'm sorry and i apologise for that, i don't speak english so well, that's not my language but i trying to explain me the best i can do it, so i write first in a note all the text and after that i copy, in that way sometimes the size of letters change when i send the text, and i realize too late for corrections after that, so again, i sincerely apologise to all of you.

• Like 2